Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 13 - Sens @ Devils - Thu, Nov 10, 7:00pm

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Game 13 - Sens @ Devils - Thu, Nov 10, 7:00pm

My card. No cigars: https://www.focusring.ca/bingo/SensBingo.html?board=GZSWqLYiXDFsakJrecHBbRIP&scored=17133714&tscored=1021012202102011&bname=senior

Alumni
Date:

Final card.   A few chances, but no cigar. 

Jedi Master
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

If not polyester, what? Almost all the cold-weather clothing is synthetic (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). I tried a couple wool base layers but they were too itchy.

Natural fibres resist static better.  Synthetics are pretty much a necessary evil outside, but for indoors I try to avoid them.  I can't do wool either, although Alpaca is better than sheeps wool.   Linen and flannel are good too.

If you have to do synthetics try to at least do a high cotton percentage blend.  

Um…so indoor and outdoor clothes aren't the same? I mean, obviously the *outer* layer is different but…moving to WA has made me feel very stupid. lol

Well I don't know how cold it's expected to actually get where you are.... so you may not need quite as much as we do in full blown winter

It also depends on whether you like to do outdoor activities in winter, and their energy output.  

Yep!  So many factors go into a winter wardrobe.... These days, like Homer, I quite enjoy the 30 second commute to the office and the lack of need to go outside if I don't want to.

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

Meh, that is true of pretty much everything in the winter.  I've been plucking hair off everything since October.

You've never lived out west.  lol.  It's bad here in the more eastern areas, but out west the dryness is soooooo much worse.

True, and Ottawa is definitely known for cold, humid weather.  Indoors, it depends on whether the house has a humidifier to balance the heat.

Yeah, do I have a humidifier on my furnace.  Air was too dry otherwise. Had to get up and drink water in the middle of the night, my skin was very dry. Much better since I installed that some years ago. 

Jedi Master
Date:
Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

If not polyester, what? Almost all the cold-weather clothing is synthetic (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). I tried a couple wool base layers but they were too itchy.

Natural fibres resist static better.  Synthetics are pretty much a necessary evil outside, but for indoors I try to avoid them.  I can't do wool either, although Alpaca is better than sheeps wool.   Linen and flannel are good too.

Um…so indoor and outdoor clothes aren't the same? I mean, obviously the *outer* layer is different but…moving to WA has made me feel very stupid. lol

Well I don't know how cold it's expected to actually get where you are.... so you may not need quite as much as we do in full blown winter

It also depends on whether you like to do outdoor activities in winter, and their energy output.  

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

THIS!  Love my weighted duvet blanket(s)  Yeah, I have two and snug as a bug that I don't want to get up.  Life's problems.  Glad that my "commute to work" is about a couple minutes with a bathroom pitstop. 

Yeah, the winter blankets are super important.

But seriously, if you don't have a pair of warm slippers, get some.  Keeping your feet warm is super important.

I grossly underestimated the amount of winterization my wardrobe would need. And also the amount of polyester said winterization would entail.

I would avoid polyester if you can.  It's gonna get dry as the temperatures drop, and that stuff attracts static like a bitch

Meh, that is true of pretty much everything in the winter.  I've been plucking hair off everything since October.

You've never lived out west.  lol.  It's bad here in the more eastern areas, but out west the dryness is soooooo much worse.

True, and Ottawa is definitely known for cold, humid weather.  Indoors, it depends on whether the house has a humidifier to balance the heat.

Yeah... there were days when I was living in a condo in Calgary that I would wake up to indoor humidity levels of like... 17%.  It was pretty brutal

I'll be zapping the dog at 17% indoors.

Alumni
Date:

final card

Started strong, then completely went off the rails.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

They should have pulled the goalie when they had a power play and gone for the win.

Jedi Master
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

THIS!  Love my weighted duvet blanket(s)  Yeah, I have two and snug as a bug that I don't want to get up.  Life's problems.  Glad that my "commute to work" is about a couple minutes with a bathroom pitstop. 

But seriously, if you don't have a pair of warm slippers, get some.  Keeping your feet warm is super important.

I grossly underestimated the amount of winterization my wardrobe would need. And also the amount of polyester said winterization would entail.

I would avoid polyester if you can.  It's gonna get dry as the temperatures drop, and that stuff attracts static like a bitch

Yeah... there were days when I was living in a condo in Calgary that I would wake up to indoor humidity levels of like... 17%.  It was pretty brutal

Alumni
Date:

Last minute, if anyone needs it

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

oh man cry

Except I yelled it and scared the dog.

Jedi Master
Date:

Well that sucked.

Alumni
Date:

Well poop.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

That pesky expanse of flat land in the middle of the continent.

I'm surprised there's not a name for the easterly winds in WA, they are absolutely no different from the Santa Anas in CA.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

How many different syllables have they put the emphasis on in Chuckie's name??

Jedi Master
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

«First  <  1 2 3 48  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.