Remember Me  

Topic: Game 13 - Sens @ Devils - Thu, Nov 10, 7:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 13 - Sens @ Devils - Thu, Nov 10, 7:00pm

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

THIS!  Love my weighted duvet blanket(s)  Yeah, I have two and snug as a bug that I don't want to get up.  Life's problems.  Glad that my "commute to work" is about a couple minutes with a bathroom pitstop. 

Yeah, the winter blankets are super important.

But seriously, if you don't have a pair of warm slippers, get some.  Keeping your feet warm is super important.

I grossly underestimated the amount of winterization my wardrobe would need. And also the amount of polyester said winterization would entail.

Jedi Master
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:

Sens hit the post earlier.

oh, thanks - I haven't been paying nearly enough attention to the game tonight to know, we've probably missed a bunch of dabs.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Space heaters are probably a good idea then.

I have 3 heaters for 850sf, adding space heaters *does* seem like the solution…but also ridiculously redundant. Lol

But if I can find a smart space heater (everything in the apartment is DUMB dumb, not even programmable) I hit the Buy Now button.

These oil filled radiator type heaters are good, energy efficient and very quiet. There's no fan so it's radiant heat and when it's up to temp, it doesn't take much energy to keep it at that temp.  If you run a ceiling fan in reverse, it helps circulate the warm air in the room.  I picked one up for the room above the garage at my mom's and it made a difference. 

411956DAg+S._AC_SY741_.jpg

Alumni
Date:

Sens hit the post earlier.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Please keep in mind I lived in SoCal for DECADES before laughing at this question...

Seriously, how do y'all stay warm in the winter? Crank the heat (I don't have central heat so the heating efficiency sucks), bundle up with 3-4 layers *inside*, never stop moving, what?

Inside, yeah, turn up the heat, blankets on the couch, warm socks, and slippers are important.  Also get used to drinking warm beverages in the evening.  Tea and hot chocolate are your new best friends.

Lol, what about during the day?!

The settings on my three heaters are so random, I'm freezing all day and then, all of a sudden, it's 72 inside. 

I also switch out my bed duvet for a warmer winter one.

THIS!  Love my weighted duvet blanket(s)  Yeah, I have two and snug as a bug that I don't want to get up.  Life's problems.  Glad that my "commute to work" is about a couple minutes with a bathroom pitstop. 

Yeah, the winter blankets are super important.

But seriously, if you don't have a pair of warm slippers, get some.  Keeping your feet warm is super important.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Curranty 21C (69.8 F)in my house right now. I'm just in shorts/t-shirt and am comfortable. 

It was 18.5 in the house this morning. I opened the blinds to let the sun shine in and help warm things up a bit. 

It's currently 15C outside, so not cold at all. 

I haven't had to use the heat yet other than to test out new furnace installed 1st week of October.

A bit cool in the morning, but still warmed up so far to not need the furnace yet. 

When outside on really cold winter days, layers are your friend. 

That's downright BALMY!

Lol, we beat the November 5th heat record in Ottawa last week: 23.3 C

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Please keep in mind I lived in SoCal for DECADES before laughing at this question...

Seriously, how do y'all stay warm in the winter? Crank the heat (I don't have central heat so the heating efficiency sucks), bundle up with 3-4 layers *inside*, never stop moving, what?

Inside, yeah, turn up the heat, blankets on the couch, warm socks, and slippers are important.  Also get used to drinking warm beverages in the evening.  Tea and hot chocolate are your new best friends.

The settings on my three heaters are so random, I'm freezing all day and then, all of a sudden, it's 72 inside. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Curranty 21C (69.8 F)in my house right now. I'm just in shorts/t-shirt and am comfortable. 

It was 18.5 in the house this morning. I opened the blinds to let the sun shine in and help warm things up a bit. 

I haven't had to use the heat yet other than to test out new furnace installed 1st week of October.

A bit cool in the morning, but still warmed up so far to not need the furnace yet. 

That's downright BALMY!

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I have 3 heaters for 850sf, adding space heaters *does* seem like the solution…but also ridiculously redundant. Lol

But if I can find a smart space heater (everything in the apartment is DUMB dumb, not even programmable) I hit the Buy Now button.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Winter conditioning... Basically you don't overdress in the fall when the weather gets cooler to allow your body to get used to the cold a bit. 

That and a good fleece mid layer... Or 5 so you can wash them.

We skipped fall. It was -3C yesterday morning. I'm told that is definitely NOT NORMAL.

Prior to that, I was adjusting pretty well to the 40s (5-8C) but then we fell off a cliff.

It was 17 here today. Put up my Christmas lights.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I wear a sweater pretty much every day during the winter.

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Winter conditioning... Basically you don't overdress in the fall when the weather gets cooler to allow your body to get used to the cold a bit. 

We skipped fall. It was -3C yesterday morning. I'm told that is definitely NOT NORMAL.

Prior to that, I was adjusting pretty well to the 40s (5-8C) but then we fell off a cliff.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Evenin’ Ralph.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 68  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.