RE: Game 13 - Sens @ Devils - Thu, Nov 10, 7:00pm

Sens called a timeout in OT before starting the PP

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

THIS!  Love my weighted duvet blanket(s)  Yeah, I have two and snug as a bug that I don't want to get up.  Life's problems.  Glad that my "commute to work" is about a couple minutes with a bathroom pitstop. 

Yeah, the winter blankets are super important.

But seriously, if you don't have a pair of warm slippers, get some.  Keeping your feet warm is super important.

I grossly underestimated the amount of winterization my wardrobe would need. And also the amount of polyester said winterization would entail.

I would avoid polyester if you can.  It's gonna get dry as the temperatures drop, and that stuff attracts static like a bitch

Meh, that is true of pretty much everything in the winter.  I've been plucking hair off everything since October.

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Cathy, if you want to stay warm all you really need is good Scotch or tequila. That said, I’m really fond of my 15lb weighted blanket. Relaxation and warmth.

While Cardinal and Kardinal agree on coffee, we differ on alcohol. But, check back with me the next time it's below freezing, I may be asking for recommendation for someone who can't stand the taste of alcohol.

Probably going to add a weighted blanket to the shopping list. I was worried about *over* heating with one in CA but that seems unlikely to be an issue in WA.

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Cathy, if you want to stay warm all you really need is good Scotch or tequila. That said, I’m really fond of my 15lb weighted blanket. Relaxation and warmth.

shhh, you are giving away the secret to why Canadians are so friendly

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

THIS!  Love my weighted duvet blanket(s)  Yeah, I have two and snug as a bug that I don't want to get up.  Life's problems.  Glad that my "commute to work" is about a couple minutes with a bathroom pitstop. 

But seriously, if you don't have a pair of warm slippers, get some.  Keeping your feet warm is super important.

I grossly underestimated the amount of winterization my wardrobe would need. And also the amount of polyester said winterization would entail.

I would avoid polyester if you can.  It's gonna get dry as the temperatures drop, and that stuff attracts static like a bitch

If not polyester, what? Almost all the cold-weather clothing is synthetic (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). I tried a couple wool base layers but they were too itchy.

Natural fibres resist static better.  Synthetics are pretty much a necessary evil outside, but for indoors I try to avoid them.  I can't do wool either, although Alpaca is better than sheeps wool.   Linen and flannel are good too.

If you have to do synthetics try to at least do a high cotton percentage blend.  

Alumni
Date:

POINT!

Going to OT

Devils hit the post

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

I'm thinking my odds for an overturned *and* an EN goal are slim. Ya think?

-- Edited by Cathy on Thursday 10th of November 2022 09:35:42 PM

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Devils changed goalies.  Vanecek played 40:58, so early in the 3rd.  Changed after Pinto's goal?

He also got hut by Chabot in the 2nd. 

He got hut by Chabutt?

Someone in thread gets correct score

Alumni
Date:

Devils changed goalies.  Vanecek played 40:58, so early in the 3rd.  Changed after Pinto's goal?

He also got hut by Chabot in the 2nd. 

Alumni
Date:

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Thankfully, it's supposed to be getting warmer and then start raining again (which is REALLY arm by comparison) and then I hope to have a reprieve until *actual* winter.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:

I need a fight.

Well, you could try the nearest biker bar?

Or I could ask the wife if she's gained some weight.

That'd probably do it.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

huh. I expected that to get censored.

Yet my chicken cooking technique WAS censored, lol

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:

I need a fight.

Or I could ask the wife if she's gained some weight.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

If not polyester, what? Almost all the cold-weather clothing is synthetic (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). I tried a couple wool base layers but they were too itchy.

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

I need a fight.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I need a fight.

Jedi Master
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

huh. I expected that to get censored.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Please keep in mind I lived in SoCal for DECADES before laughing at this question...

Seriously, how do y'all stay warm in the winter? Crank the heat (I don't have central heat so the heating efficiency sucks), bundle up with 3-4 layers *inside*, never stop moving, what?

Winter conditioning... Basically you don't overdress in the fall when the weather gets cooler to allow your body to get used to the cold a bit. 

That and a good fleece mid layer... Or 5 so you can wash them.

lol, 5C in the fall feels cold.  5C in the spring is really nice. 

«First  <  1 2 3 4 58  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.