Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Habs @ Leafs - Game 1 - Thursday, May 20, 7:30 p.m

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Habs @ Leafs - Game 1 - Thursday, May 20, 7:30 p.m

Cathy wrote:

How many SN intermission talking heads? Young guy and old guy? (I think NHLN is hijacking SN feed.)

Ron MacLean and Elliot Friedman

Jedi Master
Date:

home team outshoots in the 1st

Alumni
Date:

How many SN intermission talking heads? Young guy and old guy? (I think NHLN is hijacking SN feed.)

Jedi Master
Date:

Post for the Leafs

Alumni
Date:

Home team gets 1st PP

Alumni
Date:

nhl.com has that describes as this.  So only the initial hit, not the unintentional contact from Perry.

HIT MTL #8 CHIAROT HIT TOR #91 TAVARES, Neu. Zone

STOP REFEREE OR LINESMAN,PLAYER INJURY

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Visiting team scores 1st, Post and in.

Does post-and-in count toward 2nd post? I'm thinking no, but since I don't have the *first* square I'm checking my options.

no, the other post squares are post and out like in regular season.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Interesting dynamic at play as Thornton and Spezza are both right in there helping the medical staff keep him calm, and convincing him to stay down and let them treat him.

I'm wondering if he literally thought he was okay or if he was so disoriented that he didn't know where he was. The latter is more concerning.

I'm hoping it's that he felt ok, but the fact that he kept trying is more concerning.  He has to know they weren't going to let him get up and skate away after that.

adrenaline and competitive instinct of "I'm OK"

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Does post-and-in count toward 2nd post? I'm thinking no, but since I don't have the *first* square I'm checking my options.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Interesting dynamic at play as Thornton and Spezza are both right in there helping the medical staff keep him calm, and convincing him to stay down and let them treat him.

I'm wondering if he literally thought he was okay or if he was so disoriented that he didn't know where he was. The latter is more concerning.

I'm hoping it's that he felt ok, but the fact that he kept trying is more concerning.  He has to know they weren't going to let him get up and skate away after that.

Not sure if we had the same cameras but when they were showing the bench and it was really quite, I was trying to figure out why (and who) there was shouting in the background. It was the medical staff.

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

oh come on. Really?

I realize Perry doesn't get much, if any, benefit of the doubt but FFS, at real speed that was completely unintentional. He was trying to over. Quite possibly one of those situations where NOT trying to avoid the hit may have been a better outcome but instincts kick in.

Right?  This recent trend of having to fight over stupid things is getting out of hand.

also, visiting team scores first.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

oh come on. Really?

Completely pointless.  Nothing Perry could do to avoid hitting JT. 

Glad we don't have the Fight square.  I won't even give them the dignity of a dump penalty. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

oh come on. Really?

Did we put the fight square in?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

oh come on. Really?

I realize Perry doesn't get much, if any, benefit of the doubt but FFS, at real speed that was completely unintentional. He was trying to over. Quite possibly one of those situations where NOT trying to avoid the hit may have been a better outcome but instincts kick in.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

oh come on. Really?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

oh come on. Really?

Alumni
Date:

Wow, the Leafs GM is young.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.