Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Random stuff not related to anything because there's no hockey #COVID-19

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Random stuff not related to anything because there's no hockey #COVID-19

Ironically, during this shut down, I've never been busier. Aside from my driving gig 2-3 days a week, sales in the cat tree biz are going through the roof. I guess with everyone being at home all day, they are online shopping for their cats. The sales pouring in are literally waking us up at night with the phone pinging. I'm going 7 days a week while others are sitting at home not working. I've always been a little off from most folks. 

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Random, but I'm going to watch Ovie play Gretzky tonight in NHL 20.

Dab.

Alumni
Date:

Random, but I'm going to watch Ovie play Gretzky tonight in NHL 20.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Oh we have those people. There's just less of them to organize. Glad to hear you're OK T.J.

Thx a bunch Spezz, lol about those people!!  They are everywhere.  We had a lady ask someone in state government or something here the question “What are the travel restrictions for a white women if I want to leave the state?” 

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

This is why as a species we can't have nice things and there won't be hockey for ages

Maine had it's 'Trump rally in abstentia" protest here yesterday.  Not at all surprising in the oldest, whitest state in the Union.

Luckily in Maine we have a moderate democrat - centrist state government that is taking a measured approach to lockdowns and re-opening.

The statewide "stay healthy at home" no nonessential travel or businesses mandate is more a measure to block a glut of out of state seasonal residents and short term rentals creating a "vacation in Maine to escape the virus" atmosphere.  That's a recipe for disaster with a healthcare system that has been decimated by the previous two term republican governor.

Alumni
Date:

This is why as a species we can't have nice things and there won't be hockey for ages

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

I wonder if there is a betting line in Vegas for which early-reopening state will have the biggest surge in COVID-19 cases afterward? I’m torn between putting money on Texas or Floriduh.

I’ve lived in both states so I have a little knowledge, very little

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

I wonder if there is a betting line in Vegas for which early-reopening state will have the biggest surge in COVID-19 cases afterward? I’m torn between putting money on Texas or Floriduh.

Florida in a landslide would be where my money would go, my wife said something about the beaches being reopened and the rise of cases of the virus going straight up there. Go figure?!?!?  SOME people are just not smart.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Oh we have those people. There's just less of them to organize. Glad to hear you're OK T.J.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Good to hear you are keeping well TJ — these are indeed trying times.

Thx Kardinal!!!

I now know why Canada has kept the border closed, we have some the stupidest folks on the planet in this country who are now saying Social distancing =‘s Communism and want things opened back up for everyone.  We certainly aren‘t the Germans or Canadians when it comes to working together for the common good of everyone, what maroons

What nin-cow-poops!

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Hey TJ, how are things out there at ground zero these days? Any better?

Hey guys, here in Washington state we've been leveling off because of the actions the Governor of the state took.  I was able to go to Olympia Tacoma Seattle Bellevue and Redmond Washington this past Monday and Tuesday for the first time in a month.  I'm in the food distribution business so I think I'm legal to travel to the stores and they were wiped out even though I called them all and placed orders last month.  Most people wear gloves and masks when out at the stores and not one store I call on has had anyone come down w anything.  Constant cleaning of all surfaces has been the key. We live 40 miles NW of Seattle and have to take a Ferry to get out here so very very few cases out here.  I will never ever gripe again about normal life, this has sucked.

So, are you sorry you hated all of those things before?

glad to hear you're safe. 

That's right!!  I don't even hate the Leafs right now

But I have to admit I still really hate the 90‘s and early 2000’s NJ Devils after watching all these classic games again

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 18th of April 2020 03:56:52 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Thx Kardinal!!!

I now know why Canada has kept the border closed, we have some the stupidest folks on the planet in this country who are now saying Social distancing =‘s Communism and want things opened back up for everyone.  We certainly aren‘t the Germans or Canadians when it comes to working together for the common good of everyone, what maroons

Alumni
Date:

Some good news today: Stuntman Stu, contributor in our early seasons, longtime radio guy in Ottawa and former CTC in-game PA announcer, got news today that his leukaemia is in remission (this his second bout).

Alumni
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Hey guys, here in Washington state we've been leveling off because of the actions the Governor of the state took.  I was able to go to Olympia Tacoma Seattle Bellevue and Redmond Washington this past Monday and Tuesday for the first time in a month.  I'm in the food distribution business so I think I'm legal to travel to the stores and they were wiped out even though I called them all and placed orders last month.  Most people wear gloves and masks when out at the stores and not one store I call on has had anyone come down w anything.  Constant cleaning of all surfaces has been the key. We live 40 miles NW of Seattle and have to take a Ferry to get out here so very very few cases out here.  I will never ever gripe again about normal life, this has sucked.

WHOA! you've obviously contracted the virus and are feverish.  

Good to hear your ok. Scary times.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

WHOA! you've obviously contracted the virus and are feverish.  

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

and Thanks Russell

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

We have rain and/or flurries in the forecast for tomorrow morning. In other words, April weather. Maybe it will keep some people at home. There was a picture from London ON today of people lined up for Costco, not properly spacing themselves, and the line looked like it was 100s of people long. What is the matter with these folks? Stay. At. Home. Shop local. Necessities only. Why is this so difficult to accept?

The wife said she saw a big gang of teens hanging out under a bridge in our town. Millennials trying to kill us old folks.

THIS!!! From what one of my Store Mgrs. told me and his wife is a Doctor they have been the biggest carriers of this

Dicks! Kids are useless! 

LOL!!!!

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.