Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: NHL suspends season

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
NHL suspends season

Our neihbours were staying in the same condo bldg as us in Florida and were supposed to be there until the middle of April. They got a call Saturday from their son telling them that he managed to get them on a flight home Sunday. They had less than 24 hours to pack, clean out the condo and arrange a ride to Orlando Airport. Luckily, the couple who manage the condo bldg agreed to refund the balance of their rent and told them not to worry about laundry and few other things they usually you are responsible for. Not a fun way to end your vacation.

-- Edited by senior on Monday 16th of March 2020 11:05:29 AM

Confident Fan
Date:

State of Washington is shutting down everything but Grocery, Hardware, GasStations, Pharmacy’s and Banks. Restaurants can deliver and do pick up till April then reassess

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

hey, we could sim the games on a playstation or xbox, and still predict the scores.

pathetic, i know. 

oh! maybe not! we could do it with the old teams that were good and actually enjoy it!

Ha, that would be good. even broadcast it on the internet. 

we could even play bingo with it, with a few changes to the squares. 

I could get into Hossa Havlat Aflie and Chara on the team again

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

hey, we could sim the games on a playstation or xbox, and still predict the scores.

pathetic, i know. 

oh! maybe not! we could do it with the old teams that were good and actually enjoy it!

we could even play bingo with it, with a few changes to the squares. 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

pathetic, i know. 

Alumni
Date:

pathetic, i know. 

Alumni
Date:

I listened to this podcast today. Its fascinating, informative, and pretty scary. But. its also so much better and complete than information you get from the MSM. Highly recommend watching it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

Actually, I highly recommend Joe Rogan's podcast in general. He always has great guests who are very thought- provoking, and on a very wide range of topics. 

Alumni
Date:

Flames won't pay event staff during COVID-19 suspension; Oilers offer assistance.  Apparently the Jets are also not paying event staff.  Haven't heard what the Sens are doing, but can probably guess. 

https://www.tsn.ca/calgary-flames-won-t-pay-event-staff-during-covid-19-suspension-edmonton-oilers-offer-assistance-1.1457367

Sad considering Calgary is funding their arena. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Pretty crazy out here too. The panic buying is nuts... No gatherings of more than 250 people. All travelers being asked to self-quarantine, most public spaces are closed, all events, sports leagues, etc cancelled...

But for some reason they are keeping the schools open.

Plus the government is about to implement changes to lower the amount that doctors in Alberta are allowed to bill for seeing patients.... great timing.

Craziest thing is that people are stealing masks, hand sanitizer, gloves, etc from hospitals, doctors offices, dentists, etc. So now our healthcare workers are running out of important supplies and can't get any more because their suppliers are all out.

A virus isn't going to kill humanity. Humanity is going to kill humanity.  The Matrix was right, we are the disease.

BTW, was there ever any mention of toilet paper in The Walking Dead?  Condoms and pregnancy tests I remember, but not toilet paper. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Some stores have finally started limiting the amounts of certain items like toilet paper, cleaning products and hand sanitizer you can buy. Try and slow down the panic buying. Someone associated with one of the grocery chains said there was plenty of stock in their warehouses and they would be restocking stores Monday. He also said they expect the panic buying would slow over the next few days as people realize there is no need to hoard supplies.

-- Edited by senior on Saturday 14th of March 2020 04:17:02 PM

Jedi Master
Date:

Pretty crazy out here too. The panic buying is nuts... No gatherings of more than 250 people. All travelers being asked to self-quarantine, most public spaces are closed, all events, sports leagues, etc cancelled...

But for some reason they are keeping the schools open.

Plus the government is about to implement changes to lower the amount that doctors in Alberta are allowed to bill for seeing patients.... great timing.

Craziest thing is that people are stealing masks, hand sanitizer, gloves, etc from hospitals, doctors offices, dentists, etc. So now our healthcare workers are running out of important supplies and can't get any more because their suppliers are all out.

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:
senior wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Pro and amateur sports suspending seasons or pre-season, NHL closing training facilities, and events being cancelled.   This got real in a hurry.  

The PGA tour just announced they are cancelling the final 3 rounds of the tournament that started today. They had planned to play without any fans. Also cancelled the next 5 tournaments.

Yes, things got real within a matter of two days when everything here got cancelled (Disney on Ice, all concerts, etc.), my amateur sports leagues, the kids rec stuff, schools closing for 3 weeks after next week. People have started going nuts hoarding toilet paper and other things, it's crazy.

The Canadian Ringette Chamionship was to take place in Ottawa on April 5-11.  They announced yesterday that it's been cancelled as well as 2019-2020 National Ringette League activities. 

Here in Seattle is the start of this in North America and it was business as usual yesterday in Tacoma and in the 3 stores I wrote orders for in Seattl. Went to the local Albertsons on the way home and the same. EVERYONE is social distancing and washing hands. Not saying we won’t eventually be heavily quarantined in the coming days. Costco’s are full of merchandise and they are saying even if heavy shutdowns and quarantines happen that Grocery‘s Pharmacies and Banks will still try and stay open w obvious heavy precautions.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 14th of March 2020 01:51:32 PM

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:
senior wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Pro and amateur sports suspending seasons or pre-season, NHL closing training facilities, and events being cancelled.   This got real in a hurry.  

The PGA tour just announced they are cancelling the final 3 rounds of the tournament that started today. They had planned to play without any fans. Also cancelled the next 5 tournaments.

Yes, things got real within a matter of two days when everything here got cancelled (Disney on Ice, all concerts, etc.), my amateur sports leagues, the kids rec stuff, schools closing for 3 weeks after next week. People have started going nuts hoarding toilet paper and other things, it's crazy.

The Canadian Ringette Chamionship was to take place in Ottawa on April 5-11.  They announced yesterday that it's been cancelled as well as 2019-2020 National Ringette League activities. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

The fire Marshall had to step in and close the doors of a Costco in Barrhaven yesterday. People are panic buying and it is becoming a dangerous MFFY situation.

I went to Lowblaws last night to pick up a few things for my mother. Figured there wouldn't be many people there. I was wrong. Could only get have the stuff she needed. Looked like a store in Russia.

Alumni
Date:

The fire Marshall had to step in and close the doors of a Costco in Barrhaven yesterday. People are panic buying and it is becoming a dangerous MFFY situation.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

As of an hour ago, it was announced that the wife of our PM has tested positive for COVID-19 after a trip to Europe, and both she and the PM are in 14 quarantine although he is not showing symptoms at the moment. All publicly funded schools in Ontario have their last day of school before the March break, and will remain closed for two weeks after that.

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

...I also just realized that the only team that's been eliminated from the playoffs are the Red Wings 🤣

350.png

Attachments

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.