Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: NHL suspends season

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: NHL suspends season

Tues / Wed / Thurs will be one game each from the three series of the 2017 playoffs.

Alumni
Date:

Tonight’s radio broadcast is game 82 of the Hamburglar run, vs PHI.

Alumni
Date:

Oohh I was at this game.

Alumni
Date:

Sens Vs Jets in 2015 is on the radio tonight. This is from early in the Hamburglar run, right after the California trip.

Alumni
Date:

Double OT game tonight on TSN1200. The “best 10 in the last 10” games have been fun to revisit.

Alumni
Date:

Rats I love that JGP hattrick game I'm sad I missed it. Guy looses a tooth then lets loose on the Habs

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

The media that was on the plane is in self-quarantine, and this has extended to the wife of the colour guy on the radio (Gord Wilson) as she, Patricia Boal, is one of the anchors for CTV Ottawa evening news and has been off the air since just after the team got back.

https://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/tsn-1200-colour-analyst-gord-wilson-confirms-covid-19-diagnosis

Alumni
Date:

As seen on twitter. 

Paul Fairie @paulisci

Remember when the Leafs lost to a Zamboni driver? That was only 32 days ago.

Alumni
Date:

Thursday evening will be the JGP hattrick / line brawl game vs the Habs. It was great to hear the NYR game tonight, with The Voice calling it as Dean was doing TV. A Schreibs goal call is rather like a Mark Stone celly.....it’s pretty good.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

TSN1200 is replaying the Sens -Rangers game with Carkner/Boyle tonight. Was so cool to hear that again. What a great moment that was, to see a sens team stand up for themselves. There had been far too many times they didn't. 

I believe Chuckie will make sure his future sens teams have this same attitude. 

Alumni
Date:

Yeah there is no way the season/playoffs are salvaged...

Alumni
Date:

TSN1200 is replaying the Sens -Rangers game with Carkner/Boyle tonight. Was so cool to hear that again. What a great moment that was, to see a sens team stand up for themselves. There had been far too many times they didn't. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Reading all of these different scenarios on what the NHL might do to complete the season, including playing into September. Personally, if they can't get things restarted by mid-May, I say pull the plug. Just let it go and get ready for next season.

And would it make any sense for a team like Ottawa to bring all the players back, try to get back in shape, re-open the arena and all the other stuff that would have to be done for 8 or 9 games?

Alumni
Date:

The media that was on the plane is in self-quarantine, and this has extended to the wife of the colour guy on the radio (Gord Wilson) as she, Patricia Boal, is one of the anchors for CTV Ottawa evening news and has been off the air since just after the team got back.

Alumni
Date:

A second Sens player tests positive for COVID-19

A second Ottawa Senators player has tested positive for COVID-19. The player was part of the recent away trip that included games in San Jose, Anaheim and Los Angeles.

The total number of people that travelled with the club is 52, including players, staff, media, guests and flight crew. Of those on the trip, 44 have shown no symptoms, eight people have been tested, and two positive results were received. We are awaiting the results from tests that took place on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Everyone who took part in the Ottawa Senators trip to California was instructed to self-quarantine on Friday, March 13th and remain so.

The Ottawa Senators' medical team is actively monitoring players and staff and following all appropriate and professional guidelines to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and the greater community.  

To be fully transparent with our fans and stakeholders, we will continue to provide periodic updates as appropriate, while maintaining the privacy of the individuals impacted.

From: https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/a-second-sens-player-tests-positive-for-covid-19/c-316244340

Alumni
Date:

The Sens were just on a West Coast road trip before, right? There won't be a rest of the season or playoffs I think :/

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

A Sens player has tested positive for COVID-19, as per Elliotte Freidman. Team announcement on Wednesday. Oh. Crap.

I wonder when it was contracted.  Before or after they came back to Ottawa?

Alumni
Date:

A Sens player has tested positive for COVID-19, as per Elliotte Freidman. Team announcement on Wednesday. Oh. Crap.

Alumni
Date:

Looks like the NHL will allow players, including European players, to return home in the wake of CDC recommendation.

If they're doing this, it's gonna be long shutdown.  I'm not sure if they can finish the season and have a playoffs. Even if they start up again with closed arenas, will players be able to fly back to North America? 

If they cancel the rest of the season and playoffs, how will that affect the draft?  Are they going to open it up for all teams like they did for the cancelled season?

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

...I also just realized that the only team that's been eliminated from the playoffs are the Red Wings 🤣

350.png

A Ghost of a Chance. 

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.