Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: NHL suspends season

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
NHL suspends season

holy crap.... Major storm in Edmonton tonight. Check out this footage of Rogers Place:

twitter.com/i/status/1283913560758931456

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

We might be joking but who very well knows. Don't want a St.Louis Blues "let's all head to the bar folks". ....although I dunno if bars are open in Edmonton. That might help.

"Nightclubs" are not open, but lots of places to congregate and get some booze into ya are definitely open.  

You guys heard about the NBA player that had to go into isolation because he decided to order delivery to his hotel and go downstairs to meet the driver?  hahahaha...

Alumni
Date:

We might be joking but who very well knows. Don't want a St.Louis Blues "let's all head to the bar folks". ....although I dunno if bars are open in Edmonton. That might help.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

They might be able to be 99% sure that the players, staff, refs, arena attendants, zamboni drivers, ice crew, hotel staff, etc, etc, etc are clear of Covid the day they go into the bubble... but guaranteeing that none of those people are going to break the rules and risk infection is basically impossible unless they literally locked all of them inside the arenas for the duration.

There’s the solution!!!!!

Jedi Master
Date:

They might be able to be 99% sure that the players, staff, refs, arena attendants, zamboni drivers, ice crew, hotel staff, etc, etc, etc are clear of Covid the day they go into the bubble... but guaranteeing that none of those people are going to break the rules and risk infection is basically impossible unless they literally locked all of them inside the arenas for the duration.

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

On opening day of training camp...  

Penguins sideline 9 players after potential secondary exposure to COVID-19

https://www.tsn.ca/pittsburgh-penguins-sideline-9-players-after-potential-secondary-exposure-to-covid-19-1.1494918

With that and some Habs players testing positive, I'd be surprised if they get off the ground.

All it takes is one slip-up and one or more teams might have to quarantine. 

If they resume play, will the league impose a zero tolerance on after whistle scrums of pushing, shoving and hollering at each other inches away? 

I have faith in the Canadian health officials diligence in making sure these players who have been in Florida California Texas Tennessee and Arizona are symptom free and quarantined for at least 7 days b4 they are allowed in the bubble. Am I too optimistic about you’re governments protocols and safeguards? Gotta believe the NHL and you’re health officials are watching Europe for wha to do and the US for not what to do.

Alumni
Date:

On opening day of training camp...  

Penguins sideline 9 players after potential secondary exposure to COVID-19

https://www.tsn.ca/pittsburgh-penguins-sideline-9-players-after-potential-secondary-exposure-to-covid-19-1.1494918

With that and some Habs players testing positive, I'd be surprised if they get off the ground.

All it takes is one slip-up and one or more teams might have to quarantine. 

If they resume play, will the league impose a zero tolerance on after whistle scrums of pushing, shoving and hollering at each other inches away? 

Alumni
Date:

Yeah I was wondering about that too. All it takes is one asymptomatic player and everyone's got it. Did they say how the Canadien players got it? Did they go to a bar or something? (I forget that Quebec is essentially a Canada covid hotspot too)

Alumni
Date:

what happens if they get halfway through this and covid starts sweeping through the players? What if a team can no longer ice enough players? Do they shut it down for another month? 

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Mike Green wouldn't even be playing doesn't he play on Detroit now?

He left Detroit and went to Edmonton 

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I'm curious how many players will end up opting out over the next couple of days. I've seen two announced so far, Travis Hamonic and Sven Baertschi.

Sven Baertschi wasn’t going to suit up for the Canucks - he was in Utica their minor league team on his NHL contract sorta like Wade Redden at the end of his insane contract w the Rangers. (Russell will remember what he said about Sather when he signed Redden)

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 13th of July 2020 01:44:46 AM

Alumni
Date:

Also I don't blame players who don't want to play- I was just curious.

Alumni
Date:

Mike Green wouldn't even be playing doesn't he play on Detroit now?

Jedi Master
Date:

Karl Alzner, Steven Kampfer

Jedi Master
Date:

Mike Green now too

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I'm curious how many players will end up opting out over the next couple of days. I've seen two announced so far, Travis Hamonic and Sven Baertschi.

I'm surprised there haven't been more.

Jedi Master
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

So apparently (I read this in our local paper) the St.Louis Blues that all contracted Covid-19 were at a bar together and got it from there. What a bunch of dumbasses.

and none of that would ever happen in hub cities right?  This could be turn out to be very bad for the NHL

Glad the Sens are not part of this.  They just need to stay healthy until 2020-21 season starts, if it does. 

Canada is going to be fine, the vast majority of you're citizens are treating this seriously unlike some of my fellow citizens who as Spezz put it are dumbasses.

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

So apparently (I read this in our local paper) the St.Louis Blues that all contracted Covid-19 were at a bar together and got it from there. What a bunch of dumbasses.

and none of that would ever happen in hub cities right?  This could be turn out to be very bad for the NHL

Glad the Sens are not part of this.  They just need to stay healthy until 2020-21 season starts, if it does. 

Alumni
Date:

1 2 35  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.