Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: 2014 Playoffs

Post Info
Pan
Alumni
Date:
RE: 2014 Playoffs

Carcillo deserved all if that. Prust, well it's low so...

Alumni
Date:

Carcillo gets a 10 game suspension for abuse of an official (book says 3, 10 or 20 games are the only options).

Prust gets 2 games for late and blindside hit on Steppan that resulted in a broken jaw. (only 1 previous suspension of 1 game)

Cooke got 7 games for his kneeing of Tyson Barrie (chronic repeat offender, but not according to the 'letter of the law' of the CBA because he hasn't been suspended in past 18 months).

As a comparison: Last year Gryba gets 2 games for a clean hit (I don't buy the one angle that the NHL used to claim it was a head shot when all the others show it wasn't) that resulted in an ugly injury when Eller hit the ice. I guess this means that Prust and Gryba hits were equal. Uhh...not so much IMO.

#NHLjusticeinconsistencytypical

Pan
Alumni
Date:

TJ, Budaj is getting the Auld treatment. And he is pretty bad. And it has been interesting ;)

Alumni
Date:

Well, I certainly regret not watching the 3rd period of the CHI-LAK game last night. That was quite a meltdown by the 'Hawks, as they looked pretty good in the 1st and the part of the 2nd period that I did watch. This series could be even better than I thought it might be.

Game 3 in NYC is going to be interesting tonight. I find it very interesting that Therrien has so little confidence in Budaj that he's already announced that Tokarski will be starting tonight so I'm guessing he'll be the backup in MTL next year. The Habs have also waived another goalie from Hamilton, Robert Mayer, so it seems they are cleaning crease a bit.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

I think he wants to win and have a place convenient for his wife makes the most sense. Being American, I think he would prefer the states. Anaheim or San Jose make sense, if they're done with Niemi, and I think ANA wants to try Gibson. Hockey only, Washington would be a great fit

Alumni
Date:

Miller will go (a) where there is lots of money, (b) where the taxes are good, and (c) where he won't get the media pressure of a big hockey market. He's had enough of the latter in Buffalo. I doubt it will be VAN, although if the new GM there could pull that off I'd be impressed.

Alumni
Date:

I'd expect Anaheim to take a run at him. His wife is in LA. That allows the ducks to keep Gibson in the AHL and have Andersen be the backup. It'll probably be a 4 year deal. They'll probably move Andersen in year 2 of Miller's deal giving Gibson backup duties.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Wednesday 21st of May 2014 12:39:53 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

you'd have to think Vancouver since it's the Hollywood of Canada and Miller's wife is an actress wouldn't u think?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

So where does Miller sign? Toronto, Vancouver or Edmonton?

Confident Fan
Date:

the person who had the Blues picking Elliott over Ryan Miller in the pool wins! there had to be someone in the Western world who thought that was going happen.

C3
Veteran
Date:

Russell wrote:

That's 2. God, I'll be glad when they're gone.

Second

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Basically they will use Price as an excuse for probably getting swept by the Rangers, yet they were "awesome" when they swept the Lightning which we're missing Bishop (exact same place that the Habs are in now) which allowed them the very important rest to somehow beat Boston. I concede that they've played well, but their excuses will fall on deaf ears with me.

Confident Fan
Date:

it's nice to not be pulling for the Habs any longer, and watch them get worked by the Rangers.

Alumni
Date:

That's 2. God, I'll be glad when they're gone.

Alumni
Date:

In fact the entire Air Canada experience was all pro Habs. Including a Habs flag on the beverage cart

C3
Veteran
Date:

Yup... that's exactly whats gonna happen. biggrin

Alumni
Date:

I'm sitting in Ottawa airport lounge and three guys here near me have not stopped talking about Habs goalies for past hour. Their theory is that Price will start the game, and when he skates out on ice tonight the place will explode.

C3
Veteran
Date:

My Pacers killed it last night! Wait... Wrong forum. Apparently my twitter is telling me "the price is wrong." So lets hear what the rest of you think of the quickly sinking ship that is the Habs.

«First  <  115 16 17 | Page of 17  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.