Post Info
Alumni
Date:
2014 Playoffs

senior wrote:

I can't f**kin* believe this. Really?

It seems to be true:  Bob Cole to return for another season on HNIC

From the article:

One of the most famous, polarizing and experienced voices in Canadian sports will return for at least one more hockey season, with Ron MacLean announcing play-by-play veteran Bob Cole will be back behind the microphone with Hockey Night in Canada.

The issue had been in doubt since the CBC lost all rights to the NHL late last year, when Rogers Communications Inc. reshaped the broadcast landscape with a 12-year deal worth $5.2-billion. The public broadcaster has a four-year sublicense to carry NHL games, but has surrendered all editorial control.

Cole did not immediately address the news. He was calling Game 7 of the Western Conference final between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Los Angeles Kings on Sunday night. Terms were not made clear, with MacLean making the announcement moments before the game.

Oh baby! @RonMacLeanCBC with some good news, you'll hear Bob Cole next season on #hockeynight. His 46th season!—
HockeyNightInCanada (@hockeynight) June 02, 2014

In case you missed it, Ron MacLean announced that Bob Cole will be returning next season. Excellent.—
Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) June 02, 2014

(edited to fix formatting issues)

-- Edited by Kardinal on Monday 2nd of June 2014 04:10:44 PM

Alumni
Date:

I think rangers have a chance. Kings have to be on fumes, after that.

Alumni
Date:

If this doesn't end quick, bob cole is going to miss Matlock, and it won't be pretty.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I can't f**kin* believe this. Really? www.torontosun.com/2014/05/31/oh-baby-bob-cole-reportedly-close-to-deal-with-rogers

Alumni
Date:

*as siren goes to end period, bob cole is quickly rolled over to wall socket, panel on back of his head is opened, jumper cables attached*.

Alumni
Date:

Stats don't always matter, nor do they always tell the whole story, but these two are going to collide tonight:

In the 2014 playoffs, The Blackhawks are 8-1 at the United Centre.
In the 2014 playoffs, the visiting team is 5-1 when playing in a game 7.

Two stats enter Thunderdome; one stat leaves!

.....but I think that Justin Williams might be the devil for Chicago to deal with:

6 Game 7s played / 6 goals / 6 assists

-- Edited by Kardinal on Sunday 1st of June 2014 08:06:11 PM

Alumni
Date:

Teehee.

Confident Fan
Date:

Joe Thornton?

Alumni
Date:

Name me one current player more clutch in big games than Kane.

Alumni
Date:

The bob cole ass kissing has reached epidemic level tonight on twitter.

-- Edited by Russell on Friday 30th of May 2014 10:30:49 PM

Alumni
Date:

Or.......HAS HE!!???? WHO KNOWS!?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

You could be right. He hasn't mentioned big Chara once.

Alumni
Date:

The good thing about a long series is that by the 6th game, bob cole generally knows what teams are playing.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

With Price & Tokarski, Montreal could challenge for the east and the ELC will help for cap space considering Subban. Granted with the cap at 68-71M next year, they shouldn't have a problem with cap space

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Kings - Rangers final? That should help me catch up on my sleep.

Alumni
Date:

tokarski is going to be too good to be a back up. i can see him getting traded, if price is the guy they are going to ride for the next ten years, or so.

Alumni
Date:

Tokarski played very well, and any Habs fans who are playing the "well, we didn't have Price so you can't expect a backup to do much" card should look back to the first round and see what their boasting was like when Tampa went out in 4 without Ben Bishop in net for them.   Price and Tokarski will be a very solid tandem next year.

Alumni
Date:

Ole! Bye bye, mtl. And good riddance.

But that tokarski kid is pretty awesome.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

The only thing worse than Bob Cole calling a game is Bob Cole calling a game that goes into double overtime.

Alumni
Date:

You'd think so, based on things like Twitter, but here's the evidence they didn't:

Montreal webcams

If they had won, the only thing you'd see would be smoking ruins after rioting Habs fans torched the city.

«First  <  113 14 15 16 17  >  Last»  | Page of 17  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.