Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: 2023-24 Playoff thread

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
2023-24 Playoff thread

Pavelski and Marchment do all the work and Duchesne gets the look what I found game winning goal. Dallas outlasts Colorado

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

I’d say this guy has Real substance abuse problems because in eight games played this postseason, Nichushkin had nine goals — which was a team high at the time of his suspension — and one assist. He was suspended in last year‘s playoffs here in Seattle. Then he had another relapse in like February and now this. He’s one their leading scorers in the postseason for petes sakes.

pretty sure he's not on quaaludes. 

lol, I have been out of the recreational drug use part of my life for a long time. If I’m not misremembering, I believe a Quaalude is a downer, correct?

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

I’d say this guy has Real substance abuse problems because in eight games played this postseason, Nichushkin had nine goals — which was a team high at the time of his suspension — and one assist. He was suspended in last year‘s playoffs here in Seattle. Then he had another relapse in like February and now this. He’s one their leading scorers in the postseason for petes sakes.

pretty sure he's not on quaaludes. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Didn't watch Games 1-3 of NYR/CAR…I feel slightly responsible.

Alumni
Date:

I swear, the bench interview questions coming back from commercials have been just terrible. Asking long, detailed questions, coaches can't hear, answer ends up being so long they miss puck drop.

I'm sure I complained about NBC/NBCSN but ESPN/TNT seems far worse.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

I watched the rangers/canes game last night. It was fantastic. The pace was amazing, goaltending superb. 

It’s been since 2017 since Ottawa…. Was in one of those type of games

Alumni
Date:

I watched the rangers/canes game last night. It was fantastic. The pace was amazing, goaltending superb. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:

The stat of the night last night was "19x game 7s". I think it was 195 so tonight is 196.

Tonight's stat, Joe Pavelski has played in 11 game 7s. He has played in 5% of all NHL game 7s, ever.

I watched a hell of a lot of those when he was with the sharks 🦈 The sharks had an inordinate amount of those

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

I knew I should have put plastic under the TV to catch the leaf announcer's tears. Now I have to mop the floor.

😂😂😂😂😂

Alumni
Date:

The stat of the night last night was "19x game 7s". I think it was 195 so tonight is 196.

Tonight's stat, Joe Pavelski has played in 11 game 7s. He has played in 5% of all NHL game 7s, ever.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

O…M…G...

THIS close to a BOS own goal with 2.2 seconds left to send TOR to the next round

It’s the hope that kills you. Toronto scored the first goal. You could see how excited they were and it didn’t last at all.

that's the greatest thing about it. How they give their fans so much hope every year, then just CRUSH THEM.

its glorious. And they never learn.  

Lol, it kinda feels like: "Is it better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all"

Is it better to be crushed by game #20 or in R1G7?

Alumni
Date:

This is the TBS schedule for tonight. Since TBBT episode can't actually air at 6:00pm I think it might be a sign. Or a fix.

Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 5.36.43 PM.png

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

O…M…G...

THIS close to a BOS own goal with 2.2 seconds left to send TOR to the next round

It’s the hope that kills you. Toronto scored the first goal. You could see how excited they were and it didn’t last at all.

that's the greatest thing about it. How they give their fans so much hope every year, then just CRUSH THEM.

its glorious. And they never learn.  

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:

When the dust has cleared

And victory denied

A summit too lofty

River a little too wide....

Bye bye Leafs! Woo hoo! My beer is going to taste better than usual tonight!

Sheldon Keefe: "When teams play the Leafs, they set up the game for the Leafs to beat themselves"

That's sort of an indictment on the coaching isn't it?? He does realize he's the coach doesn't he?

that's a weird thing to say, isn't it. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I knew I should have put plastic under the TV to catch the leaf announcer's tears. Now I have to mop the floor.

Confident Fan
Date:

Maple Leafs since 2018 in potential series-clinching games

Record 1-11
Goals / Game 2.00
Goals Against / Game 3.17
Power Play 4% (1-for-25)
Penalty Kill 72%
Save Percentage .899

This would be even sweeter if a team we liked had been in the playoffs since then

Confident Fan
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

And victory denied

A summit too lofty

Sheldon Keefe: "When teams play the Leafs, they set up the game for the Leafs to beat themselves"

That's sort of an indictment on the coaching isn't it?? He does realize he's the coach doesn't he?

Alumni
Date:

And victory denied

A summit too lofty

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Friday morning...

Matthews: Put me in coach, I'm ready to go!

Coach: No

Matthews: C'mon, I can do it!

Coach: {to anyone else}...

Dispatch No. 14: Sweep the leg - by Brian Sacawa

Kronk Emperors New Groove GIF - Kronk Emperors New Groove ...

1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.