Remember Me  

Topic: Game 47 - Islanders @ Sens - Wed, Jan 25, 7:00pm

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Game 47 - Islanders @ Sens - Wed, Jan 25, 7:00pm

Cathy wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

I was ice fishing over the weekend and the ice is over a foot thick, so I’m guessing that while it is thick enough for snowmobiles and ice shacks the NCC wants more before they put equipment on the Canal. We need a week of -15C to get the Canal open.

While my concept of cold has definitely shifted since moving to WA, I cannot wrap my head around a foot of ice or a week of 5F. (I'm disappointed we don't have a brr emoji)

honestly this has been a weirdly warm winter.  NOT having had a week of -15 yet is extremely weird at the end of January.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

was that a PP goal for G spot?

it was PP goal.

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

I was ice fishing over the weekend and the ice is over a foot thick, so I’m guessing that while it is thick enough for snowmobiles and ice shacks the NCC wants more before they put equipment on the Canal. We need a week of -15C to get the Canal open.

While my concept of cold has definitely shifted since moving to WA, I cannot wrap my head around a foot of ice or a week of 5F. (I'm disappointed we don't have a brr emoji)

Alumni
Date:

was that a PP goal for G spot?

Alumni
Date:

Grieg has not looked out of place tonight. 

Jedi Master
Date:

lots of new guy points tonight

Alumni
Date:

first point for Rids. 

Alumni
Date:

Grieg gets his first NHL point on the Giroux goal!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

Just looked outside. Guess I'll be going out to do some snow shoveling next intermission. So far this winter getting my moneys worth from the snow plow guys.

isn't the wife still out there? get her to do it. 

She's still worn out from shoveling the roof on the weekend. She can shovel tomorrow when there's lots more snow.

good planning.

She's not a kid anymore. Got to pace her.

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
Russell wrote:

ok, so here's my plan.

If a trade is available, I move Cat for the elusive top 4 Dman. You'll likely be able to get a pick/prospect back as well, and you'll save about 4 million. Cat may be a 40 goal scorer, but he isn't here. He seems to hit the post/ miss the net more than anything else. Sens desperately need to improve the D so Cat is the chip you play, IMO. 

When would you pull the trigger?  Now to try to make the playoffs, or in the summer for a chance at Connor Bedard?

but even if you do it now, there are no playoffs this year.  def a trade you look long term on. 

Alumni
Date:

Tonight is the first time in Sens history that three first round picks from the same draft are playing in the same game. Stützle (3), Sanderson (5), Grieg (28). The #28 pick was from the Islanders, as part of the JGP trade. Thanks to Dean & Gord for the trivia.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

Just looked outside. Guess I'll be going out to do some snow shoveling next intermission. So far this winter getting my moneys worth from the snow plow guys.

She's still worn out from shoveling the roof on the weekend. She can shovel tomorrow when there's lots more snow.

good planning.

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
Russell wrote:

ok, so here's my plan.

If a trade is available, I move Cat for the elusive top 4 Dman. You'll likely be able to get a pick/prospect back as well, and you'll save about 4 million. Cat may be a 40 goal scorer, but he isn't here. He seems to hit the post/ miss the net more than anything else. Sens desperately need to improve the D so Cat is the chip you play, IMO. 

When would you pull the trigger?  Now to try to make the playoffs, or in the summer for a chance at Connor Bedard?

whenever the trade is there to be made.  

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

ok, so here's my plan.

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

pass.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Alumni
Date:

ok, so here's my plan.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Shovelling is my main form of exercise so far this winter as they is no way the Rideau Canal is opening anytime soon :(

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.