Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 13 - Sens @ Devils - Thu, Nov 10, 7:00pm

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Thanks for the tips, guys.  

TWSS

Brain doesn't work as well in the cold, walked right into that one.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

FYI,

in case you missed it while trying to stay warm, DJ had Motte, a winger, take that final face off in their own zone, on the PK, in OT. 9 seconds later, its in their net. Just think about that. 

I have, they haven’t had a proven head coach since Murray and Martin and the guy who took them to 2017 semifinals. Let DJ go and hire a proven head coach this time. He’s proven that this job is too much for him. As a hall of fame coach said “You are what your record says you are” 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Friday 11th of November 2022 10:20:49 AM

Alumni
Date:

FYI,

in case you missed it while trying to stay warm, DJ had Motte, a winger, take that final face off in their own zone, on the PK, in OT. 9 seconds later, its in their net. Just think about that. 

Alumni
Date:

my card, no cigar:

https://www.focusring.ca/bingo/SensBingo.html?board=gVPinmFoeQRsdWKJlTMOXqkC&scored=473193&tscored=220001002200&bname=Russell

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Thanks for the tips, guys.  

TWSS

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Please keep in mind I lived in SoCal for DECADES before laughing at this question...

Seriously, how do y'all stay warm in the winter? Crank the heat (I don't have central heat so the heating efficiency sucks), bundle up with 3-4 layers *inside*, never stop moving, what?

Crown Royal

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I didn't see it, but does Hasek reference = AYKM?

Forsberg did a leg stretch like Gumby, but Hamonic also got a piece of the puck to slow it down before getting to Forsberg. 

So maybe with the two of them together?

I dunno, feels like a stretch.

TWSS

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

ummm... did TSN just air a commercial in the middle of the broadcast?

Yes, yes they did.

dab

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

See you guys for brunch on Saturday! 

Oh yeah... I'll start the thread now before I forget tomorrow morning. 

Yeah, the number of conflicts hockey has been having with the last few weeks of F1 is getting annoying.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Also layering is a bit of an art form. You will figure it all out!

OMG, thank you for this comment. I thought it was more science and couldn't figure out why A + B wasn't working!

Confident Fan
Date:

Who won?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

With layers, you can always take one or two off it you overdid it.  Sometimes in the morning, you'll have all you layers, but afternoon, take a layer off.  (or vice versa).  You definitely pay closer attention to the weather forecast to go somewhere and to come back.  Sometimes it can be a big enough of a difference to change how you dress. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Final card, no dice:

s://www.focusring.ca/bingo/SensBingo.html?board=OdPIBYmgNEFQSGeZLAfRMCjp&scored=20009994&tscored=1101122121112220&bname=data_sprite12_game13

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Afternoon game again?  Boooo!

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

If not polyester, what? Almost all the cold-weather clothing is synthetic (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). I tried a couple wool base layers but they were too itchy.

Natural fibres resist static better.  Synthetics are pretty much a necessary evil outside, but for indoors I try to avoid them.  I can't do wool either, although Alpaca is better than sheeps wool.   Linen and flannel are good too.

If you have to do synthetics try to at least do a high cotton percentage blend.  

Um…so indoor and outdoor clothes aren't the same? I mean, obviously the *outer* layer is different but…moving to WA has made me feel very stupid. lol

Well I don't know how cold it's expected to actually get where you are.... so you may not need quite as much as we do in full blown winter

It also depends on whether you like to do outdoor activities in winter, and their energy output.  

I am exerting myself enough at dog park that I understand why you DO want the wicking fabrics outdoors. But then I come home, take a shower, and just put a different base layer on. Based on this conversation, I seem to be doing it wrong. lol

The list of "things I didn't know before moving to WA" is getting longer. 

You want to wick water away from your body to prevent hypothermia when you slow down.   I'm still experimenting with layers.  Luckily I like spending my disposable income on Arc'teryx gear :)

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

If not polyester, what? Almost all the cold-weather clothing is synthetic (unless I'm looking in the wrong place). I tried a couple wool base layers but they were too itchy.

Natural fibres resist static better.  Synthetics are pretty much a necessary evil outside, but for indoors I try to avoid them.  I can't do wool either, although Alpaca is better than sheeps wool.   Linen and flannel are good too.

Um…so indoor and outdoor clothes aren't the same? I mean, obviously the *outer* layer is different but…moving to WA has made me feel very stupid. lol

Well I don't know how cold it's expected to actually get where you are.... so you may not need quite as much as we do in full blown winter

It also depends on whether you like to do outdoor activities in winter, and their energy output.  

Yep!  So many factors go into a winter wardrobe.... These days, like Homer, I quite enjoy the 30 second commute to the office and the lack of need to go outside if I don't want to.

It's the damn dog!

(Just kidding puppy, I love you.)

I walk 60 minutes to commute 30 seconds.

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I am exerting myself enough at dog park that I understand why you DO want the wicking fabrics outdoors. But then I come home, take a shower, and just put a different base layer on. Based on this conversation, I seem to be doing it wrong. lol

The list of "things I didn't know before moving to WA" is getting longer. 

1 2 38  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.