Topic: Game 64 - Sens @ Jets, Tue Mar 24, 8:000pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 64 - Sens @ Jets, Tue Mar 24, 8:000pm

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

just in case you hadn't lost complete faith in the human race:

Ottawa's waste water numbers are going up again.  Pretty much our only indicator since they're not doing official tests on a larger scale. I wonder how long before Doug Ford forbids waste water reporting.

https://613covid.ca/wastewater/ 

Ditto. (on the wastewater numbers, you can keep Ford all to yourself) I'm still masking and, oddly, there are *fewer* people bothered by it now than there were before.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So work sucks again. There are 15 people on my team. In the last 2 weeks, they've laid one off, and 3 have resigned. So we are down almost 1/3 of the team. And we just found out that one of our big implementation projects that was scheduled for go-live in August now has to be completed in early June. Yep, things are about to get really, really bad

Things are pretty crazy at work too. They really need to hire someone like a couple months ago.  This is the client that I got extended on until end of year (or maybe end of September according to my timesheet code)

They need to hire at least two people. 

I'm told that Senior Management had an emergency meeting last night.  They've decided that to try to calm the waters, they are going to have the sales guy talk to our team next week.  'Cause that always help.  You know.... sales has such a good handle generally on the realities of what we actually do.

In what reality does Sr Mgmt think that is a GOOD idea?! OMG, that is going to fail so epically. Sales has NO idea what goes into anything and they think their job is always the hardest by an order of magnitude.

That said, please, please, PLEASE take notes on this meeting, I want to hear all the gory details after the fact.

lol.  It will be such an epic fail.  Like.... the team is quitting in mass numbers, and you think having SALES talk to us is going to help somehow??

Is this Sr Mgmt former sales, by chance? That's the only thing that would make *any* sense. Usually mgmt treats sales as a necessary evil, not as a savior.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Ottawa's waste water numbers are going up again.  Pretty much our only indicator since they're not doing official tests on a larger scale. I wonder how long before Doug Ford forbids waste water reporting.

https://613covid.ca/wastewater/ 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So work sucks again. There are 15 people on my team. In the last 2 weeks, they've laid one off, and 3 have resigned. So we are down almost 1/3 of the team. And we just found out that one of our big implementation projects that was scheduled for go-live in August now has to be completed in early June. Yep, things are about to get really, really bad

Things are pretty crazy at work too. They really need to hire someone like a couple months ago.  This is the client that I got extended on until end of year (or maybe end of September according to my timesheet code)

I'm told that Senior Management had an emergency meeting last night.  They've decided that to try to calm the waters, they are going to have the sales guy talk to our team next week.  'Cause that always help.  You know.... sales has such a good handle generally on the realities of what we actually do.

Like sell something that can be done in an unrealistic deadline?

DING DING!

I am so glad the sales team I deal with is rarely selling services that *I* need to deliver (we re-sell telecom and IT hardware). They're still annoying and cause problems, but at least they're not over-promising my capabilities.

I honestly don't know how you handle it without sales reps occasionally going missing under suspicious circumstances.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

In what reality does Sr Mgmt think that is a GOOD idea?! OMG, that is going to fail so epically. Sales has NO idea what goes into anything and they think their job is always the hardest by an order of magnitude.

That said, please, please, PLEASE take notes on this meeting, I want to hear all the gory details after the fact.

lol.  It will be such an epic fail.  Like.... the team is quitting in mass numbers, and you think having SALES talk to us is going to help somehow??

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

DING DING!

Alumni
Date:

Russell--

How did you choose between that tweet and the Senator who said interracial marriage should have never been legalized? Tough choice.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Work is crazy in a good way for me. I had to clock in this week to keep tabs on that big dispute payout we've been working on for months…got $125k paid this month. So we're almost trued up. I still had to interrupt my time off but since I'm getting a finder's fee there was more carrot than stick involved.

It doesn't look like I'm going to actually GO anywhere during my time off though, just not enough time to arrange something with the puppy in the picture.

Jedi Master
Date:

SOG 11-8 Jets

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 8.28.29 PM.png

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

I refreshed, are we at commercial right now?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

You and me, we gonna start our own company, kay? Everything will run smoothly, everyone will do their job, everything will be efficient. You with me?

"Early June" is like 9 week away. That's insane.

Completely rocked everyone that knows.  And the 2 most recent resignations are long-term staff who can't really be replaced.  This SUCKS.

Also, Chuckie did something.

Were the resignations expected or was it the proverbial straw and they gave 2 weeks?

Chuckie did NOTHING according to my card.

Oh *that's* what Chuckie did, I am almost too far behind to be in the thread.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

You and me, we gonna start our own company, kay? Everything will run smoothly, everyone will do their job, everything will be efficient. You with me?

"Early June" is like 9 week away. That's insane.

Completely rocked everyone that knows.  And the 2 most recent resignations are long-term staff who can't really be replaced.  This SUCKS.

Also, Chuckie did something.

on a deviation! 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

bah.

That was an "Oops my bad" on Forsberg.

Can we call it a deviation too? Pretty please?

We don't usually include off the goalie as a deviation.  But that wasn't even a shot on goal, so ???

Full disclosure, that would be a corner dab for me.

Can I reserve the right to change my mind later??

Nope.. Chuckie did something and deviated a puck in the net. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

tomorrow is the last day for my employee who is amazing. I'll never find anyone as good as him. hmm

awww.  Did you buy him something nice to say thanks?

well, he's not THAT good. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

bah.

That was an "Oops my bad" on Forsberg.

Can we call it a deviation too? Pretty please?

We don't usually include off the goalie as a deviation.  But that wasn't even a shot on goal, so ???

Full disclosure, that would be a corner dab for me.

Can I reserve the right to change my mind later??

«First  <  17 8 9 10 11  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.