Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 64 - Sens @ Jets, Tue Mar 24, 8:000pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 64 - Sens @ Jets, Tue Mar 24, 8:000pm

Oh yeah, the whistle went like an hour before the puck crossed the line. Were the Sens actually questioning that?

Alumni
Date:

Chuckie lost his lid. 

Might as well rename that square to "Chuckie loses his lid".  lol

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

One of the issues we have at work is a Solution Architect who has no idea what he's doing. Everything he touches is a disaster and has to be re-designed at the last minute when it gets presented to those who are supposed to implement what he came up with and they say "WTF is this ****"?  

A week or two ago he calls me to come up with a design for something he needs implemented.  Dude, I don't have the time to get things done I already have assigned to me, I certainly don't have the time to do your job.

When I first got roped in on something he was working on last year, I though he was the PM. When I found out he was the SA, I was seriously?  How the hell is this guy an SA when he doesn't understand the technology he architecting. 

Gotta love those messes.

My team is in so much trouble that our Director is trying to "help" but getting directly involved and doing some of the work.  Problem is he has no idea what he's doing, keeps promising that we can do things we can't, and tells clients timelines on things without asking us.  Lately he has been meeting with one client every Monday and saying things like "ok, we will guarantee that we can close 11 of your outstanding tickets this week!"

Okay, my problems with the team member who can't do basic math seems like less of problem by comparison.

You guys! How are you not scaling the walls already?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

hey, anyone drive a small SUV that they really like?

Went to a new auto shop today and the guy talked me out of my next car being a Subaru.

Not currently, but I actually really liked my Ford Escape.

Hmm, not bad. 

My current ride is a 2003 Saturn Vue, I like the box-ier look, but I also like the less intimidating front grill. Really wish I could just 3D print a copy of what I have now. Probably going to jinx it with how much I've talked about it today but I hope it lasts until at least the car market returns to some degree of sanity.

Also, London BOBB-Y!

Alumni
Date:

London Bobby

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

One of the issues we have at work is a Solution Architect who has no idea what he's doing. Everything he touches is a disaster and has to be re-designed at the last minute when it gets presented to those who are supposed to implement what he came up with and they say "WTF is this ****"?  

A week or two ago he calls me to come up with a design for something he needs implemented.  Dude, I don't have the time to get things done I already have assigned to me, I certainly don't have the time to do your job.

When I first got roped in on something he was working on last year, I though he was the PM. When I found out he was the SA, I was seriously?  How the hell is this guy an SA when he doesn't understand the technology he architecting. 

Gotta love those messes.

My team is in so much trouble that our Director is trying to "help" but getting directly involved and doing some of the work.  Problem is he has no idea what he's doing, keeps promising that we can do things we can't, and tells clients timelines on things without asking us.  Lately he has been meeting with one client every Monday and saying things like "ok, we will guarantee that we can close 11 of your outstanding tickets this week!"

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

God, that is sooooo frustrating! How did he get hired in the first place and how does no one notice he's a moron?!

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Went to a new auto shop today and the guy talked me out of my next car being a Subaru.

Not currently, but I actually really liked my Ford Escape.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Haha, Wawanesa insurance…I use them! At least as long as I'm still in California.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Russell--

How did you choose between that tweet and the Senator who said interracial marriage should have never been legalized? Tough choice.

missed that one. could have also gone with FLA's "Don't say gay" . 

oh, could have also gone with mtg's "nuclear war will cause food shortages".  she's seems to have missed the point that it would cause people shortages. 

Or, you know, livable earth shortages!

details. just details. 

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Russell--

How did you choose between that tweet and the Senator who said interracial marriage should have never been legalized? Tough choice.

oh, could have also gone with mtg's "nuclear war will cause food shortages".  she's seems to have missed the point that it would cause people shortages. 

Or, you know, livable earth shortages!

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Asses is not censored?

TWSS!!!

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Russell--

Alumni
Date:

Asses is not censored?

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Russell--

To be honest, I'm not sure it was a tweet. I think he said it, out loud, in an interview. 

And then there was a whole gaggle of them being horses asses in the SCOTUS nomination questioning.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

just in case you hadn't lost complete faith in the human race:

Ottawa's waste water numbers are going up again.  Pretty much our only indicator since they're not doing official tests on a larger scale. I wonder how long before Doug Ford forbids waste water reporting.

https://613covid.ca/wastewater/ 

you probably think that's a joke, but....

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Russell--

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So work sucks again. There are 15 people on my team. In the last 2 weeks, they've laid one off, and 3 have resigned. So we are down almost 1/3 of the team. And we just found out that one of our big implementation projects that was scheduled for go-live in August now has to be completed in early June. Yep, things are about to get really, really bad

Things are pretty crazy at work too. They really need to hire someone like a couple months ago.  This is the client that I got extended on until end of year (or maybe end of September according to my timesheet code)

They need to hire at least two people. 

I'm told that Senior Management had an emergency meeting last night.  They've decided that to try to calm the waters, they are going to have the sales guy talk to our team next week.  'Cause that always help.  You know.... sales has such a good handle generally on the realities of what we actually do.

In what reality does Sr Mgmt think that is a GOOD idea?! OMG, that is going to fail so epically. Sales has NO idea what goes into anything and they think their job is always the hardest by an order of magnitude.

That said, please, please, PLEASE take notes on this meeting, I want to hear all the gory details after the fact.

lol.  It will be such an epic fail.  Like.... the team is quitting in mass numbers, and you think having SALES talk to us is going to help somehow??

Is this Sr Mgmt former sales, by chance? That's the only thing that would make *any* sense. Usually mgmt treats sales as a necessary evil, not as a savior.

Nope.  I have no idea what they are thinking.  People are going to be pissed.  

«First  <  16 7 8 9 10 11  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.