Remember Me  

Topic: Game 37 - Canes @ Sens, Thu Jan 27, 7:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 37 - Canes @ Sens, Thu Jan 27, 7:00pm

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

If you're un-vaxed Canadian trucker, you can't go to the US either. That's US policy, not Canadian.  Almost 90% of Canadian truckers are vaxed, the others can do trips within the borders.  It's their choice. 

Same for American truckers, they can do trips within the States only. 

Yep, the whole thing is pretty sad.  The convoy (most of it) passed through here today.  Some of them stopped early for the night because of the snow, so there will be a second smaller group tomorrow.

Despite the insistence on social media that we were going to see "huge participation", actual participation from trucks, vehicles, and spectators is estimated at about 1000.

So when Theo Fleury said 1.4M he was using roman numerals?

Confident Fan
Date:

GET THE PUCK OUT!!!!!

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:
senior wrote:

Screened?

Didn't see Ottawa's first goal but sounds like it might have been screened.

https://www.nhl.com/video/paul-scores-on-fortuitous-bounce/t-329214506/c-10373060

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Oh and I did groceries after work today, shelves were stocked.  Nothing like the empty ones conservative politicians have been posting this week.  Many of the pics proven to be from 2020, not even in Canada.  On was at a Canadian grocer, but it was from late deliveries because of the big snow storm last Monday.  Things do get out of stock by Sunday afternoons because of weekends. Happens every week. 

Yep, it was happening here because walmart had a failure of their meat fridges.  There was a sign on them that literally said that, but people were posting it as  "See!!  It's starting!"

My 6-pack of Pepsi bottles had white caps instead of blue, it was disturbing. The chicken broth I like is out of stock. (I just killed myself with THAT unintentional pun). Otherwise, no real problems here. I do get most of my meat mail order though and have full freezer so the stores could be out of meat and I might not know.

I forget that you guys probably don't really understand the challenges of the Canadian supply chain.  So especially in winter, the majority of our perishable foods have to come in across the border.  Quite a bit of it comes in by truck.  Right now, we are not allowing unvaccinated truckers to cross the border.

Hence, the stupid protest, and the insistence of the media on promoting hysteria that we will run out of food.

If you're un-vaxed Canadian trucker, you can't go to the US either. That's US policy, not Canadian.  Almost 90% of Canadian truckers are vaxed, the others can do trips within the borders.  It's their choice. 

Yep, the whole thing is pretty sad.  The convoy (most of it) passed through here today.  Some of them stopped early for the night because of the snow, so there will be a second smaller group tomorrow.

Despite the insistence on social media that we were going to see "huge participation", actual participation from trucks, vehicles, and spectators is estimated at about 1000.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

senior wrote:

Screened?

Didn't see Ottawa's first goal but sounds like it might have been screened.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Oh and I did groceries after work today, shelves were stocked.  Nothing like the empty ones conservative politicians have been posting this week.  Many of the pics proven to be from 2020, not even in Canada.  On was at a Canadian grocer, but it was from late deliveries because of the big snow storm last Monday.  Things do get out of stock by Sunday afternoons because of weekends. Happens every week. 

Yep, it was happening here because walmart had a failure of their meat fridges.  There was a sign on them that literally said that, but people were posting it as  "See!!  It's starting!"

My 6-pack of Pepsi bottles had white caps instead of blue, it was disturbing. The chicken broth I like is out of stock. (I just killed myself with THAT unintentional pun). Otherwise, no real problems here. I do get most of my meat mail order though and have full freezer so the stores could be out of meat and I might not know.

I forget that you guys probably don't really understand the challenges of the Canadian supply chain.  So especially in winter, the majority of our perishable foods have to come in across the border.  Quite a bit of it comes in by truck.  Right now, we are not allowing unvaccinated truckers to cross the border.

Hence, the stupid protest, and the insistence of the media on promoting hysteria that we will run out of food.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that our trucker vax rate isn't as high as yours.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

I will say though, I am a bit miffed neither my boss nor the rep whose commission I single-handedly saved have replied to my only-slightly-after-hours email with the good news.

Alumni
Date:

@Kat...I knew what I doing, too tired to rephrase.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Ohhhhh yeah...I think I was aware of those individual components but wasn't putting it all together. Thought it was just "regular" supply chain issues.

I love the Canadian education I get from you guys. (And it's really fun to pull it out as appropriate when dealing with some Calgary-based vendors, they don't understand how I know so much about Canada, and hockey.)

lol.  ooooh, the opportunities....

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Sens take the lead

That was a deviation.

that is my first, and only, dab

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Ohhhhh yeah...I think I was aware of those individual components but wasn't putting it all together. Thought it was just "regular" supply chain issues.

I love the Canadian education I get from you guys. (And it's really fun to pull it out as appropriate when dealing with some Calgary-based vendors, they don't understand how I know so much about Canada, and hockey.)

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Sens take the lead

That was a deviation.

And a new guy point

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Sens take the lead

That was a deviation.

Jedi Master
Date:

Sens take the lead

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Synthetic audio guy was Johnny on the spot with that "oooohhhhhhhhhhhh"

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Well that 3rd period goal differential is certainly inspiring.

You called me out for this the other day 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

Lol, I did didn't I?

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Well that 3rd period goal differential is certainly inspiring.

You called me out for this the other day 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Brad Marchand of the Boston Bruins actually tweeted this out and it’s hilarious 😂

“Well… the only way they get 5000 fans at their games now is if they give 4500 away for free so wouldn’t change much”

This is for Arizona Coyotes by the way 

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 69  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.