Members Login
 

Topic: NHL Expansion draft - July 21

Post Info
Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 2890
Date:
RE: NHL Expansion draft - July 21
Permalink  
 

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Detwoit Wed Wings?


 I thought he said Detwoit Wed Rings.

Reminds be of a buddy who once tried to order Rings and Wibs. I didn't let him get away with it unnoticed. We all had a good laugh along with the waitress.  lol


Ha, I think you're right, Rings. I got hung up on Detwoit...that was a new one for me.

Right up there with Firefly Flans.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12742
Date:
Permalink  
 

Chris Driedger, well that's one goalie selected. Former Sens too.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12742
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:

Detwoit Wed Wings?


 I thought he said Detwoit Wed Rings.

Reminds be of a buddy who once tried to order Rings and Wibs. I didn't let him get away with it unnoticed. We all had a good laugh along with the waitress.  lol



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 2890
Date:
Permalink  
 

Is this "voice of SN" for real? He sounds like he's doing satire or some weird dramatic effect.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12742
Date:
Permalink  
 

The Angry Beaver?  That's the local watering hole?



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 2890
Date:
Permalink  
 

Detwoit Wed Wings?



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12742
Date:
Permalink  
 

and announcing our pick from the Ottawa Senators is tj. 

TJ: I'm proud to take on behalf of the Seattle Kraken, Chris Tierney"



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 2890
Date:
Permalink  
 
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

lots of leaks of information, including that we have lost Daccord. Just because....


 Not sure if I'm D'accord with that. Wouldn't they prefer Derek Stepan, or tj's favorite Chris Tierney?


 They had soooo many options!  I mean, did they just not notice that Cody Goloubef was available???


 No, but they did notice Cody got his own special font.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 2890
Date:
Permalink  
 

Not wanting to be a Kraken fan is one hesitation I have in moving to WA.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 2890
Date:
Permalink  
 

I feel like we could have easily had a bingo card for tonight, weak effort on our part.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12742
Date:
Permalink  
 

Interesting that PK is also available. 



Jedi Master
Status: Offline
Posts: 19840
Date:
Permalink  
 
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

lots of leaks of information, including that we have lost Daccord. Just because....


 Not sure if I'm D'accord with that. Wouldn't they prefer Derek Stepan, or tj's favorite Chris Tierney?


 They had soooo many options!  I mean, did they just not notice that Cody Goloubef was available???



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12742
Date:
Permalink  
 
SensKat wrote:

lots of leaks of information, including that we have lost Daccord. Just because....


 Not sure if I'm D'accord with that. Wouldn't they prefer Derek Stepan, or tj's favorite Chris Tierney?



Jedi Master
Status: Offline
Posts: 19840
Date:
Permalink  
 
lots of leaks of information, including that we have lost Daccord. Just because....

Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 13798
Date:
Permalink  
 
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Any thoughts on the Carey Price situation? I can't imagine being on the team in Seattle right now and having that decision to make.


$10.5M for 5 more years and he's currently 33.

Sure he was a playoff hero leading the team to the finals, but also was injured half the season. Can he stay healthy for 5 more years?  Also depends on what other goalies are available. I haven't checked full list. There might also be a backroom deal to not pick him.

 

 


Hearing rumours he may have a hip injury that could keep him out a lot of next season. Ooorrrrrrr, does he? 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12742
Date:
Permalink  
 
SensKat wrote:

Any thoughts on the Carey Price situation? I can't imagine being on the team in Seattle right now and having that decision to make.


$10.5M for 5 more years and he's currently 33.

Sure he was a playoff hero leading the team to the finals, but also was injured half the season. Can he stay healthy for 5 more years?  Also depends on what other goalies are available. I haven't checked full list. There might also be a backroom deal to not pick him.

 

 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 13798
Date:
Permalink  
 
SensKat wrote:

Any thoughts on the Carey Price situation? I can't imagine being on the team in Seattle right now and having that decision to make.


 i would giggle my ass off until september, 2024 , if they do take him. 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 13798
Date:
Permalink  
 

as steve warne said, if your answer to " who will Ottawa lose in the expansion draft?" is who cares? the gm has done is job. 



Jedi Master
Status: Offline
Posts: 19840
Date:
Permalink  
 
Any thoughts on the Carey Price situation? I can't imagine being on the team in Seattle right now and having that decision to make.

Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12742
Date:
Permalink  
 

I forget who Canuck, Pan and Kardinal picked for their protected list.



 
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.