Members Login
 

Topic: NHL Expansion draft - July 21

Post Info
Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12929
Date:
RE: NHL Expansion draft - July 21
Permalink  
 

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Canucks fans are crazy at invading SoCal when the team plays Anaheim and LA, I can only imagine how many are gonna bus to Seattle.


 They hit SanJose hard too


Speaking of... Their pick....  

oh-its-true-its-damn-true.jpg



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3063
Date:
Permalink  
 

I got distracted early by them trying to rebrand my home team, but does anyone else feel old will these 20-something names that didn't exist when we were kids?



Confident Fan
Status: Offline
Posts: 14638
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:

Canucks fans are crazy at invading SoCal when the team plays Anaheim and LA, I can only imagine how many are gonna bus to Seattle.


 They hit SanJose hard too



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12929
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:

Huh, Giordano was undrafted? I'm sure I knew that fact at one point but it didn't stick.


 I didn't know that at all.



Confident Fan
Status: Offline
Posts: 14638
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

I'm not an expert of Seattle, but Kevin Weeks is damn fast to get to all these places around town. lol


 lol


 He’s right in the Pike Place Market it’s several blocks long and both sides of the street 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3063
Date:
Permalink  
 

Huh, Giordano was undrafted? I'm sure I knew that fact at one point but it didn't stick.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12929
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

The Kraken have a flurry of Fleurys.


 Game against Vegas. 

Fleury skates up the ice, passes it to Fleury, back to Fleury and scores on Fleury.  


 "Stopped by Fleury" would be even more confusing...could be any one of the three!


 lol, right.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3063
Date:
Permalink  
 
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

The Kraken have a flurry of Fleurys.


 Game against Vegas. 

Fleury skates up the ice, passes it to Fleury, back to Fleury and scores on Fleury.  


 "Stopped by Fleury" would be even more confusing...could be any one of the three!



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12929
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:

The Kraken have a flurry of Fleurys.


 Game against Vegas. 

Fleury skates up the ice, passes it to Fleury, back to Fleury and scores on Fleury.  



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3063
Date:
Permalink  
 

The Kraken have a flurry of Fleurys.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3063
Date:
Permalink  
 

What the actual F?

Might F-ing Ducks?



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12929
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

With all the leaks today (the NHL and ESPN must be livid) this was a bit of a non-event, but whatever. Sorry to see Daccord go, but in many ways it does help the goalie situation with Ottawa a bit as we still have Murray, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Mandolese, Søgaard and Meriläinen to sort out playing time and team….to say nothing of the rumours that they might draft another in the first round. Still, Joey is a character that will be missed but it is a great opportunity for him.


 I was busy today so didn't know about any of the leaks, other than no Price, but just to stick it to ESPN, I'm watching SN.


 Same, was busy today and didn't see any of the leaks. 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3063
Date:
Permalink  
 

Could we not take a few minutes to coach these pickers on the pronunciation of the ONE NAME they've been given?



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3063
Date:
Permalink  
 
Kardinal wrote:

With all the leaks today (the NHL and ESPN must be livid) this was a bit of a non-event, but whatever. Sorry to see Daccord go, but in many ways it does help the goalie situation with Ottawa a bit as we still have Murray, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Mandolese, Søgaard and Meriläinen to sort out playing time and team….to say nothing of the rumours that they might draft another in the first round. Still, Joey is a character that will be missed but it is a great opportunity for him.


 I was busy today so didn't know about any of the leaks, other than no Price, but just to stick it to ESPN, I'm watching SN.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3391
Date:
Permalink  
 
I do find the signing of Driedger interesting, but he is the same age and similar stats to when Anderson was moved to COL so it might work out well. Or it might not. Can’t say.

Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3063
Date:
Permalink  
 
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

I'm not an expert of Seattle, but Kevin Weeks is damn fast to get to all these places around town. lol


 lol


 Disappointed that Kevin Weeks didn't hike up that mountain. He must be winded. lol


 Since he's wearing the suit everywhere, that would have been interesting!



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3063
Date:
Permalink  
 
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

I wonder what their cap hit will end up being when it's all said and done.  There might be a few trade between now and season opener. 


 Kraken execs know there's a cap *floor* too, right? This feels a little bargain basement shopping so far.


 I think I heard something like $48M the other day?  Cap Friendly only shows cap space available and not the cap floor. 


I took a quick look during the commercial and found articles for every year BUT this year. Certain parts of the internet should really be purged after the date relevance has passed.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3391
Date:
Permalink  
 
With all the leaks today (the NHL and ESPN must be livid) this was a bit of a non-event, but whatever. Sorry to see Daccord go, but in many ways it does help the goalie situation with Ottawa a bit as we still have Murray, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Mandolese, Søgaard and Meriläinen to sort out playing time and team….to say nothing of the rumours that they might draft another in the first round. Still, Joey is a character that will be missed but it is a great opportunity for him.

Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 3063
Date:
Permalink  
 

Canucks fans are crazy at invading SoCal when the team plays Anaheim and LA, I can only imagine how many are gonna bus to Seattle.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12929
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

I wonder what their cap hit will end up being when it's all said and done.  There might be a few trade between now and season opener. 


 Kraken execs know there's a cap *floor* too, right? This feels a little bargain basement shopping so far.


 I think I heard something like $48M the other day?  Cap Friendly only shows cap space available and not the cap floor. 



 
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.