RE: Game 56 - Leafs @ Sens - Wed May 11th, 8:00pm

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

So Cathy, since we explained what bagged milk was the other night. Can you explain to us what bagged gasoline is? 

E1NNuQOVcAA6lqd?format=jpg&name=900x900

Home insurance claims. 

And then it gets really fun with the Jones Act so we can't ship gas over water. Trucks, by emergency authorization, only. United States of CFA. 

Wait..... what?

LOL, which part? Jones Act (the reason my Alaskan cruise had to stop in Victoria BC for 5 hours) states shipping between two US ports needs to be US-built, -owned, -operated ships. We don't got a lot of those.

There are federal(?) regulations about shipping fuel (I'm assuming > a specific quantity or over state lines because obviously gas trucks exist) via truck. Those can be paused by federal emergency but then there's also the whole "pipeline capacity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> truck capacity".

The bags? Yes, people in the southeast are filling anything they can find with gasoline because they be dumb, and didn't learn their lesson with toilet paper.

This is way dumber than anything I‘ve ever seen, gasoline in plastic bags is beyond stupid. Has anyone died of this stupidity yet

Possibly dumber --> https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/nasuyl/another_idiot_hoarding_gas/ (read first comment)

this has to be florida. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

How about a "Hit post and in" square?

I like that one

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Sens score first. D-man, against his former team.

Playoff card: Home team score 1st, d-man scores, goalie screened? 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

If the leafs don't want their stars getting hit by Tkachuk, they should have held them out of the line up tonight. they are stupid to be playing them.

Come on Russell, who thought Brady will be playing hard? 

this.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

So Cathy, since we explained what bagged milk was the other night. Can you explain to us what bagged gasoline is? 

Home insurance claims. 

And then it gets really fun with the Jones Act so we can't ship gas over water. Trucks, by emergency authorization, only. United States of CFA. 

Wait..... what?

LOL, which part? Jones Act (the reason my Alaskan cruise had to stop in Victoria BC for 5 hours) states shipping between two US ports needs to be US-built, -owned, -operated ships. We don't got a lot of those.

There are federal(?) regulations about shipping fuel (I'm assuming > a specific quantity or over state lines because obviously gas trucks exist) via truck. Those can be paused by federal emergency but then there's also the whole "pipeline capacity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> truck capacity".

The bags? Yes, people in the southeast are filling anything they can find with gasoline because they be dumb, and didn't learn their lesson with toilet paper.

This is way dumber than anything I‘ve ever seen, gasoline in plastic bags is beyond stupid. Has anyone died of this stupidity yet

Possibly dumber --> https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/nasuyl/another_idiot_hoarding_gas/ (read first comment)

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

If the leafs don't want their stars getting hit by Tkachuk, they should have held them out of the line up tonight. they are stupid to be playing them.

Come on Russell, who thought Brady will be playing hard? 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Is the standard "hits post" still there?

If so, maybe "post and in" and "post and out" to differentiate. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Home insurance claims. 

Wait..... what?

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Sens outshoot the Leafs in the 1st

So home team outshoot in 1st. test dab

Bilingual bingo

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So.... I just noticed something on my playoff card.

Homer.... what does "ex-Senators player gets a point goalie win" mean?

Ex sens player point or ex sens goalie gets a win. Not sure if there are any playoff though. 

Oh!  maybe put a "/" in there?

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Home insurance claims. 

Wait..... what?

The Jones act requires hard labor.  You know things Americans are allergic to. 

We call that working smarter not harder

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

8 Seconds shy of final minute of the period. 

Which is also the name of local band that Russell might remember. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO3bPUCgCAk

never heard of them. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

So home team outshoot in 1st. test dab

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Ex-Sens goalie gets the win --OR-- ex-Sens skater gets a point

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Ex sens player point or ex sens goalie gets a win. Not sure if there are any playoff though. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Hey folks, in case I’m not around again this evening: thanks to Homer for the game threads and Bingo, thanks to cbinc for the hockey pool, and thanks to everyone for contributing to the threads and the show. I’ve started an off-season thread; please drop by once in a while. If you want to have a general thread about the playoffs and comment on any game (or organize a watch party), I will be around when I can.

Have a good evening Kardinal, I'm sure we'll all be around off and on!

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

8 Seconds shy of final minute of the period. 

Which is also the name of local band that Russell might remember. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO3bPUCgCAk

«First  <  17 8 9 10 11 12  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.