Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 56 - Leafs @ Sens - Wed May 11th, 8:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 56 - Leafs @ Sens - Wed May 11th, 8:00pm

SensKat wrote:

Sens score first. D-man, against his former team.

Is that two non-empty net goals for Zaitsev on the Sens?  A new career high (milestone).

Jedi Master
Date:

So.... I just noticed something on my playoff card.

Homer.... what does "ex-Senators player gets a point goalie win" mean?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

So Cathy, since we explained what bagged milk was the other night. Can you explain to us what bagged gasoline is? 

E1NNuQOVcAA6lqd?format=jpg&name=900x900

Home insurance claims. 

And then it gets really fun with the Jones Act so we can't ship gas over water. Trucks, by emergency authorization, only. United States of CFA. 

Wait..... what?

LOL, which part? Jones Act (the reason my Alaskan cruise had to stop in Victoria BC for 5 hours) states shipping between two US ports needs to be US-built, -owned, -operated ships. We don't got a lot of those.

There are federal(?) regulations about shipping fuel (I'm assuming > a specific quantity or over state lines because obviously gas trucks exist) via truck. Those can be paused by federal emergency but then there's also the whole "pipeline capacity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> truck capacity".

The bags? Yes, people in the southeast are filling anything they can find with gasoline because they be dumb, and didn't learn their lesson with toilet paper.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

So Cathy, since we explained what bagged milk was the other night. Can you explain to us what bagged gasoline is? 

Home insurance claims. 

And then it gets really fun with the Jones Act so we can't ship gas over water. Trucks, by emergency authorization, only. United States of CFA. 

Wait..... what?

The Jones act requires hard labor.  You know things Americans are allergic to. 

Alumni
Date:

Hey folks, in case I’m not around again this evening: thanks to Homer for the game threads and Bingo, thanks to cbinc for the hockey pool, and thanks to everyone for contributing to the threads and the show. I’ve started an off-season thread; please drop by once in a while. If you want to have a general thread about the playoffs and comment on any game (or organize a watch party), I will be around when I can.

Alumni
Date:

Hey folks, in case I’m not around again this evening: thanks to Homer for the game threads and Bingo, thanks to cbinc for the hockey pool, and thanks to everyone for contributing to the threads and the show. I’ve started an off-season thread; please drop by once in a while. If you want to have a general thread about the playoffs and comment on any game (or organize a watch party), I will be around when I can.

Jedi Master
Date:

Sens score first. D-man, against his former team.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Home insurance claims. 

Wait..... what?

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Home insurance claims. 

Jedi Master
Date:

May be an image of text that says 'French: This chair is feminine! "La Chaise!" Italian: This chair is feminine! "La sedia!" German: This chair is masculine! "Der Stuhl!" English: This chair is a ****ing object, I don't see a skirt or a pair of trousers anywhere on its cold hard surface, you people are ****ing insane. Japanese: If you don't pronounce chair exactly right, you 11 end up saying testicles instead.'

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Technically, 99 is four twenties nineteen, but I see your point. I could never wrap my head around sixty seventeen, so I adopted a Belgian French form of numbers that is more like English (where there is are distinctive seven- and nine-related word for 70 and 90).

Poor French.  We get so much entertainment out of making fun of the way some of the words and phrases translate.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Have I just missed it or has there been zero announcement about when the playoffs start?

Seems like every series is just kinda starting whenever they feel like it.  There is one series starting this weekend, but not all division matchups have even been decided yet.

SCP: Choose Your Own Adventure (Limited Edition) 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Have I just missed it or has there been zero announcement about when the playoffs start?

Seems like every series is just kinda starting whenever they feel like it.  There is one series starting this weekend, but not all division matchups have even been decided yet.

At the start of the broadcast, they said that the Leafs/Habs would start next Wednesday, but I haven't seen anything official.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Home insurance claims. 

Alumni
Date:

Technically, 99 is four twenties nineteen, but I see your point. I could never wrap my head around sixty seventeen, so I adopted a Belgian French form of numbers that is more like English (where there is are distinctive seven- and nine-related word for 70 and 90).

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

While we are making fun of French....

May be an image of text that says 'French: ...Sixty-seven, sixty -eight, sixty-nine, sixty-ten... Other languages: *stares* French: stares back** French: ..sixty-eleven, sixty-thirteen... ixty-twelve French: ..sixty-sixteen, sixty-ten- seven... Other languages: shutting eyes* French: ..sixty-ten-eight, eight, sixty-ten- nine... Other languages: *hands over face* French: ...four twenties! :) Four twenties one...'

That's some "four score and seven years" territory there.

Mais oui

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3rymfk9WnU

OMG...are the sentence translations accurate? And people complain about English with wind and wind?! (English grammar is whole nother issue)

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Sorry I’m late….my kard for tonight’s season finale. I probably won’t be around very much.

Alumni
Date:

«First  <  18 9 10 11 12  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.