Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 56 - Leafs @ Sens - Wed May 11th, 8:00pm

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

While we are making fun of French....

May be an image of text that says 'French: ...Sixty-seven, sixty -eight, sixty-nine, sixty-ten... Other languages: *stares* French: stares back** French: ..sixty-eleven, sixty-thirteen... ixty-twelve French: ..sixty-sixteen, sixty-ten- seven... Other languages: shutting eyes* French: ..sixty-ten-eight, eight, sixty-ten- nine... Other languages: *hands over face* French: ...four twenties! :) Four twenties one...'

That's some "four score and seven years" territory there.

oh, it gets worse.  The direct translation of ninety-nine from French.... is "four twenties ten nine"

My brain just broke.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

May be an image of text that says 'French: ...Sixty-seven, sixty -eight, sixty-nine, sixty-ten... Other languages: *stares* French: stares back** French: ..sixty-eleven, sixty-thirteen... ixty-twelve French: ..sixty-sixteen, sixty-ten- seven... Other languages: shutting eyes* French: ..sixty-ten-eight, eight, sixty-ten- nine... Other languages: *hands over face* French: ...four twenties! :) Four twenties one...'

Mais oui

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3rymfk9WnU

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Bingo card feedback:

I think you can delete the "(either team)" notations to reduce the text volume.

How about "outshootS" instead of "outshoot", lessens the double-take of "Does that say outshoot or outshot?"

Difference between "under review, no goal" and "disallowed"? Or a freebie dab if you have both?

"under review, no goal" would be review if puck crossed the line or not during active game play. so no goal was actually scored or after time expired, whistle blown and went to review (doesn't usually go to review) 

Goal "disallowed" would be for legit disallowed goal like high stick, goaltender interference, offside and things like that. If whistle was blown or time expired, that's not really disallowed since play was dead, but could fall under review. 

I was going to remove the (either team), it was more to see the balance.

I'll update the "outshoots"

1a) Holy suspicious specific, Batman! 

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

oh, it gets worse.  The direct translation of ninety-nine from French.... is "four twenties ten nine"

Alumni
Date:

I was reading...did he just forget which province he's in?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Bingo card feedback:

How about "outshootS" instead of "outshoot", lessens the double-take of "Does that say outshoot or outshot?"

Difference between "under review, no goal" and "disallowed"? Or a freebie dab if you have both?

"under review, no goal" would be review if puck crossed the line or not during active game play. so no goal was actually scored or after time expired, whistle blown and went to review (doesn't usually go to review) 

Goal "disallowed" would be for legit disallowed goal like high stick, goaltender interference, offside and things like that. If whistle was blown or time expired, that's not really disallowed since play was dead, but could fall under review. 

I was going to remove the (either team), it was more to see the balance.

I'll update the "outshoots"

Jedi Master
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Sens 1st penalty (home team for playoff cards)

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

"Clean" feed means subtitles during bilingual anthem...not sure if "car ton bras" was phonetic spelling or not.

Nope, that's the lyrics!

When I unmuted, the audio had already passed and one can never be too sure with live-event subtitles.

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Ahhh I always forget Spezza plays for the leafs now :/ though.. he's back with Foligno now?

I KNOW that he plays for the Leafs.  I really do.  But every time we play them, the first time they say his name, I still think he plays for us.

Alumni
Date:

Ahhh I always forget Spezza plays for the leafs now :/ though.. he's back with Foligno now?

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

"Clean" feed means subtitles during bilingual anthem...not sure if "car ton bras" was phonetic spelling or not.

Nope, that's the lyrics!

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Bingo card feedback:

I think the intended difference is that "disallowed" might not go to a review, just waved off on ice (high stick, etc)

Ah, gotcha. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Puck drop

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Bingo card feedback:

I think the intended difference is that "disallowed" might not go to a review, just waved off on ice (high stick, etc)

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

wtf is this segment? HNIC is becoming more and more of a joke

I muted about 3.4 seconds in. I didn't have a good feeling.

Alumni
Date:

Bingo card feedback:

Alumni
Date:

🤣

«First  <  19 10 11 12  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.