Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game38- Sens @ Jets - Mon Apr 5, 7:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game38- Sens @ Jets - Mon Apr 5, 7:00pm

Cathy wrote:

Okay, so "Make a Will" has been added to my to-do list.

And it's going to include the following line: "If you're reading this you should be thanking Homer @ SensCallups Forum for saving you some headaches."

The red tape of not having a will can be a real headache. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/give-me-the-damn-car-1.4811843

Jedi Master
Date:

Crap. 2-0

Alumni
Date:

Okay, so "Make a Will" has been added to my to-do list.

And it's going to include the following line: "If you're reading this you should be thanking Homer @ SensCallups Forum for saving you some headaches."

Jedi Master
Date:

I burned my thumb on my soup tonight. And of course it's my spacebar thumb. So now it's going to hurt for far too long.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Spent 4 hours to get a hold of someone at CRA today. Fun times. 

Was working today, so put myself as busy on Teams and worked on other things without getting interrupted, so wasn't a total loss. 

another advantage to working from home.... lol

I have to call them about something but have to pick a day when I have half a day to waste waiting to talk to someone.

It's my 2nd call to then this year.  Called in Feb and got the info I needed for filing taxes for a deceased person. Today was a follow-up call as I still didn't have access to their CRA file.  Paperwork was all done and approved, but where I had sent the paperwork to didn't make it available online to me.  Person I talked to today sent an email to link that account to my CRA profile.

I should have access in the next couple days.  Fingers crossed.  I just need one peice of information to file, which in the end makes no difference in taxes owing, but want those numbers to be accurate to prevent any issues.  

Pro tip, make sure you have a will even if you have no kids or spouse. It's a big ordeal if you don't.  

Without prying too much, is it lack of named executor or something else? I don't have a will but I have beneficiaries on all my financials and some general "in case I die" documents where my sibling has the encrypted file and my parent has the password so they can access online accounts and stuff.

Some things had beneficiaries named like RRSP account (401K), Tax Free Saving account, work pension and life insurance. Other things like car and regular checking/savings account did not, so that goes to the estate, which by canadian law if there is no will goes to in order Spouse, kids, parent, siblings.  After that I'm not sure. So whatever had no beneficiary named goes to my mom.

I still had to file paperwork with the courts to be appointed executor. That took 4 months, then I had access to the bank accounts and able to sell the car. 

Once I file taxes and it gets processed I need to file for a release from CRA that all is in order and nothing else owed, then I can release the funds to my mom. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

ugh.  Also, make sure you talk to whoever you are designating as your executor and get their permission.... and I REALLY don't recommend joint executorships

Unless you believe in the afterlife and are looking for some entertainment. 

Yeah... not so entertaining from this side of the grave though!

Yep, nothing quite like a funeral to drive families apart.

To quote Pan...Not that I know anything about that. 

Alumni
Date:

OTT behind and Ducks-losing clips, I'm getting a two-for-one deal with this game!

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

ugh.  Also, make sure you talk to whoever you are designating as your executor and get their permission.... and I REALLY don't recommend joint executorships

Yeah... not so entertaining from this side of the grave though!

Alumni
Date:

Is turkey an Easter thing?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

(I meant to post that before dinner...had it written out but forgot to hit the “post reply” button. Turkey coma setting in.

Still waiting for my turkey dinner. Wife said soon.

Alumni
Date:

(I meant to post that before dinner...had it written out but forgot to hit the “post reply” button. Turkey coma setting in.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Kard’a kard for this evening’s festivities. I hope to be around at least a bit but a full roast turkey dinner might put me out.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Was working today, so put myself as busy on Teams and worked on other things without getting interrupted, so wasn't a total loss. 

I have to call them about something but have to pick a day when I have half a day to waste waiting to talk to someone.

It's my 2nd call to then this year.  Called in Feb and got the info I needed for filing taxes for a deceased person. Today was a follow-up call as I still didn't have access to their CRA file.  Paperwork was all done and approved, but where I had sent the paperwork to didn't make it available online to me.  Person I talked to today sent an email to link that account to my CRA profile.

I should have access in the next couple days.  Fingers crossed.  I just need one peice of information to file, which in the end makes no difference in taxes owing, but want those numbers to be accurate to prevent any issues.  

Pro tip, make sure you have a will even if you have no kids or spouse. It's a big ordeal if you don't.  

Without prying too much, is it lack of named executor or something else? I don't have a will but I have beneficiaries on all my financials and some general "in case I die" documents where my sibling has the encrypted file and my parent has the password so they can access online accounts and stuff.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Is this the tax people you guys are talking about? You actually have humans who answer the phones?!?! And it *only* takes half a day?!?!

The people I spoke with were helpful and knowledgeable. No complaints on that front. A+ 

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

well they were definitely outshot in the 1st

and Chabot with 10:18 (or more if site update is delayed)

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

That's the square I was looking for when I decided to cap my dabber.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

«First  <  14 5 6 7 8 9  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.