Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 25- Sens @ Habs - Tue Mar 2, 7:00pm

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Russell wrote:

My furnace decided today was a good day to die. couldn't do it last week when it was relatively warm. going to be a cold morning when I wake up. 

Brrr, that sucks!  Maybe it means the technician will come by sooner than if it was warmer.

They are installing a new one tomorrow. 

How old was it?

twss

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Russell wrote:

My furnace decided today was a good day to die. couldn't do it last week when it was relatively warm. going to be a cold morning when I wake up. 

Brrr, that sucks!  Maybe it means the technician will come by sooner than if it was warmer.

How old was it?

21 years. it didn't owe us anything. just had bad timing.  

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So for the last year or so, my job has been stupidly busy. At one point in the fall, I was alone doing the work of what should have been at LEAST 4 people. Then I got a "promotion", and was now covering the roles of 5 people. Yay. So they got me a bit of help (one internal transfer, one consultant) that took me down to doing 3 jobs. Then another internal transfer was set up to happen as of Feb 1, so I would have been down to 1.5-2 roles, which actually seemed like having a crazy amount of free time.

We've spent the last month trying to get this person transitioned, as my workload was getting more and more out of control.... this afternoon I was notified that she has resigned.

So that position, that we had a posting up for 2 months previously without any luck filling it, that we held for her for 3 months.... is now still vacant. And I'm going to be doing 3 jobs for the foreseeable future.

I just love my job.

Same with us, so much to do, not enough time. 

The extra annoying part seems to be the extra effort wasted on the onboarding of the person who resigned.  That's disappointing.

I'm wondering if she saw the workload volume, and SensKat doing 3-5 jobs, and just noped out of there.  

Jedi Master
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So for the last year or so, my job has been stupidly busy. At one point in the fall, I was alone doing the work of what should have been at LEAST 4 people. Then I got a "promotion", and was now covering the roles of 5 people. Yay. So they got me a bit of help (one internal transfer, one consultant) that took me down to doing 3 jobs. Then another internal transfer was set up to happen as of Feb 1, so I would have been down to 1.5-2 roles, which actually seemed like having a crazy amount of free time.

We've spent the last month trying to get this person transitioned, as my workload was getting more and more out of control.... this afternoon I was notified that she has resigned.

So that position, that we had a posting up for 2 months previously without any luck filling it, that we held for her for 3 months.... is now still vacant. And I'm going to be doing 3 jobs for the foreseeable future.

I just love my job.

The extra annoying part seems to be the extra effort wasted on the onboarding of the person who resigned.  That's disappointing.

Yes!  And I spent a lot of time talking her through the role, what would be expected, my plans for the team going forward.... put in good word with management for her, etc.... and then she didn't even have the courtesy to tell me herself that she's leaving.  Grrr.

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I'm sorry Katt :/ (and you too Homer)

thanks.  Just needed to gripe, and you guys are my gameday company.  lol

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I just love my job.

Oof. Is this position open to international applicants? 'Cause the older I get the less likely the marriage visa route seems. 

And it is definitely okay to be simultaneously grateful to have a job while being frustrated with said job. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I just love my job.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I just love my job.

I'm going crazy.  I told my director a few days back that he needs to back off on the work requests - unless he wants to come do my job for awhile

Alumni
Date:

I'm sorry Katt :/ (and you too Homer)

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

AYKM!!!!!! DACCORD!!!!!

"Je suis d'accord avec ça"

Is that an official AYKM or a wishful AYKM? 

It's French for "I agree with that", so dab it if you got it. 

Well now I feel kinda stupid for not dropping that into google translate. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I just love my job.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

AYKM!!!!!! DACCORD!!!!!

It's French for "I agree with that", so dab it if you got it. 

Jedi Master
Date:

I just love my job.

Alumni
Date:

Does the Robillard lady look less crazy these days?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

AYKM!!!!!! DACCORD!!!!!

Alumni
Date:

Outshot in 1st, dab

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

I keep missing games because my mind still has a pre-covid NHL schedule in mind. :(

Second of back-to-back, but Habs, but Daccord... 5-4 habs, Toffoli GWG

My card

Lol, I have alerts turned on for both Ducks and Sens. In the before times, overlapping games were rare. In quarantimes, I've contemplated turning off the notifications altogether because my phone regularly goes into notification seizure mode.

I'm also a nerd who wrote a script to download the entire NHL schedule into a hidden calendar on my computer. Usually only have to run it once a season. Postponed games are making a mess of that plan.

I must say that watching Sens games is also wrecking havoc with my attempts at exercising.

17 minutes of HIIT during intermissions, problem solved! 

I may stream the radio feed ever Bluetooth and work out during the second.

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

I keep missing games because my mind still has a pre-covid NHL schedule in mind. :(

Second of back-to-back, but Habs, but Daccord... 5-4 habs, Toffoli GWG

My card

Lol, I have alerts turned on for both Ducks and Sens. In the before times, overlapping games were rare. In quarantimes, I've contemplated turning off the notifications altogether because my phone regularly goes into notification seizure mode.

I'm also a nerd who wrote a script to download the entire NHL schedule into a hidden calendar on my computer. Usually only have to run it once a season. Postponed games are making a mess of that plan.

I must say that watching Sens games is also wrecking havoc with my attempts at exercising.

17 minutes of HIIT during intermissions, problem solved! 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Russell wrote:

How old was it?

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
Russell wrote:

«First  <  16 7 8 9 10  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.