Topic: Game 25- Sens @ Habs - Tue Mar 2, 7:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 25- Sens @ Habs - Tue Mar 2, 7:00pm

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I suspect that is a big part of it.  It takes a special kind of crazy to do what I do and put up with the insane workload.

Every day that passes, it becomes more apparent why you and I get along so well.  #MasochistsAnonymous 

Then you laugh about it saying "Time flies when you're having fun" 

The laughing is necessary to keep the blood pressure in check. 

Alumni
Date:

I see that all the Habs have been practicing Gallaghering opposition goaltenders. Good to see Daccord is okay. Evening Sam.

Alumni
Date:

when does dzingle join the team?

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I suspect that is a big part of it.  It takes a special kind of crazy to do what I do and put up with the insane workload.

Every day that passes, it becomes more apparent why you and I get along so well.  #MasochistsAnonymous 

Yes!  "I prefer being busy, makes the days go by faster".  

Boy do I regret the days of saying "I'm bored, I need more work to do"

Jedi Master
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

why does chuckie bother with the mouth guard?

Mandatory equipment

I keep expecting him to accidentally swallow it.

Right??  one of these days he's going to get hit while he's chewing on it and he's going to choke.

Also.... please tell me Daccord is not hurt.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

ohhh baby! we almost had the mystery square by Batherson. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

Mandatory equipment

twss

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

lmao.  Sad but true!

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Mom wasn't specific enough when she said, "Honey, please wear a mouth guard." 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

Mandatory equipment

I keep expecting him to accidentally swallow it.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:

Mandatory equipment

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So for the last year or so, my job has been stupidly busy. At one point in the fall, I was alone doing the work of what should have been at LEAST 4 people. Then I got a "promotion", and was now covering the roles of 5 people. Yay. So they got me a bit of help (one internal transfer, one consultant) that took me down to doing 3 jobs. Then another internal transfer was set up to happen as of Feb 1, so I would have been down to 1.5-2 roles, which actually seemed like having a crazy amount of free time.

We've spent the last month trying to get this person transitioned, as my workload was getting more and more out of control.... this afternoon I was notified that she has resigned.

So that position, that we had a posting up for 2 months previously without any luck filling it, that we held for her for 3 months.... is now still vacant. And I'm going to be doing 3 jobs for the foreseeable future.

I just love my job.

Oof. Is this position open to international applicants? 'Cause the older I get the less likely the marriage visa route seems. 

And it is definitely okay to be simultaneously grateful to have a job while being frustrated with said job. 

Thank you!  That feeling of "well be grateful you have a job"... well sure, I am.... but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy being taken advantage of!

And sure, we will totally take international applicants... how are you with a combination of C, VB.Net, and Oracle PL/SQL?  lol

Haha, I *am* a quick study but I think I'd definitely be more of a hindrance than a help with those tasks. I could provide moral support but that's about it.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So for the last year or so, my job has been stupidly busy. At one point in the fall, I was alone doing the work of what should have been at LEAST 4 people. Then I got a "promotion", and was now covering the roles of 5 people. Yay. So they got me a bit of help (one internal transfer, one consultant) that took me down to doing 3 jobs. Then another internal transfer was set up to happen as of Feb 1, so I would have been down to 1.5-2 roles, which actually seemed like having a crazy amount of free time.

We've spent the last month trying to get this person transitioned, as my workload was getting more and more out of control.... this afternoon I was notified that she has resigned.

So that position, that we had a posting up for 2 months previously without any luck filling it, that we held for her for 3 months.... is now still vacant. And I'm going to be doing 3 jobs for the foreseeable future.

I just love my job.

Same with us, so much to do, not enough time. 

The extra annoying part seems to be the extra effort wasted on the onboarding of the person who resigned.  That's disappointing.

Yes!  And I spent a lot of time talking her through the role, what would be expected, my plans for the team going forward.... put in good word with management for her, etc.... and then she didn't even have the courtesy to tell me herself that she's leaving.  Grrr.

Double oof! I'll cut some slack for someone blindsided/misled about about the true nature of a job but it sounds like you laid it out CLEARLY. Sheesh, did she just wake up today and think, "Maybe I'll go to law school"?

yeah... she has another job lined up, so clearly this isn't a decision she made yesterday.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I just love my job.

The extra annoying part seems to be the extra effort wasted on the onboarding of the person who resigned.  That's disappointing.

I'm wondering if she saw the workload volume, and SensKat doing 3-5 jobs, and just noped out of there.  

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I just love my job.

Yes!  And I spent a lot of time talking her through the role, what would be expected, my plans for the team going forward.... put in good word with management for her, etc.... and then she didn't even have the courtesy to tell me herself that she's leaving.  Grrr.

Double oof! I'll cut some slack for someone blindsided/misled about about the true nature of a job but it sounds like you laid it out CLEARLY. Sheesh, did she just wake up today and think, "Maybe I'll go to law school"?

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I just love my job.

Oof. Is this position open to international applicants? 'Cause the older I get the less likely the marriage visa route seems. 

And it is definitely okay to be simultaneously grateful to have a job while being frustrated with said job. 

Thank you!  That feeling of "well be grateful you have a job"... well sure, I am.... but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy being taken advantage of!

And sure, we will totally take international applicants... how are you with a combination of C, VB.Net, and Oracle PL/SQL?  lol

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Does the Robillard lady look less crazy these days?

don't trust her. 

«First  <  15 6 7 8 9 10  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.