Remember Me  

Topic: Off Season Sens News 2017

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Off Season Sens News 2017

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

ok, its pretty much official. Meth is gone. Claessan and Ceci had better turn out to be damn good players or Dorion will wear this one around his neck like Muckler does Chara. Or, he better go find someone just as good. 

OH boy thanks for the Chara comparison. ;-(

It does seem strange that Ottawa did offer up some of the best players (Ryan, Meth and Claesson) while Toronto offered up pure crap.  Of course if Ottawa were willing to give up a first round pick and then lose Ryan or Claesson they could be like Anaheim Columbus and other teams that let Vegas bully them.  I still feel like this loophole is bullcrap that some teams don't have to lose good players off their squad even with first rounders and the like going to Vegas.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Wednesday 21st of June 2017 05:49:19 PM

i would think that at the end of the day, you don't want to be the GM that lost the best player in the draft. That tag will stick.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

ok, its pretty much official. Meth is gone. Claessan and Ceci had better turn out to be damn good players or Dorion will wear this one around his neck like Muckler does Chara. Or, he better go find someone just as good. 

OH boy thanks for the Chara comparison. ;-(

It does seem strange that Ottawa did offer up some of the best players (Ryan, Meth and Claesson) while Toronto offered up pure crap.  Of course if Ottawa were willing to give up a first round pick and then lose Ryan or Claesson they could be like Anaheim Columbus and other teams that let Vegas bully them.  I still feel like this loophole is bullcrap that some teams don't have to lose good players off their squad even with first rounders and the like going to Vegas.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Wednesday 21st of June 2017 05:49:19 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
USA Today's Kevin Allen predicts Kerby Rychel who didn't even play in the NHL last season.  While he has Ottawa losing Methot who he says could be the hottest player in the trade market because he's the ONLY good top pairing defensive man left unprotected.  Vegas will lots of teams wanting him.  I'm first guessing and would of much rather lost Ceci than Methot because Sens are in a win now mode and Chabot or Claesson are ready made to replace Ceci.  Leafs get over again w a for crap expansion list of crap 💩 

Claesson and Chabot do nothing to fix the hole on the right side by losing Ceci, both are LD.

Thx for that info, I'm not enough of a hockey guy to know the difference of RD or LD.  AO why are so many people who are big Sens fans on Twitter so against the way Ceci plays??  There has to be something there that so many are not sold on him.  I do see a lot of the time when there is running around on D and the puck won't get cleared it seems more times than most it's Ceci on the ice for those escapades.  Why are u such a big Ceci fan?  I'm just not sure about him one way or the other, I just think Methot was awesome in the playoffs and EK seems to have a real comfort with him.

I don't consider myself a big Ceci fan or supporter.  But the amount of vitriol that he gets from the social media "hot takes" is just absurd.  Which being in the states is pretty much the only way to get fan interaction other than on here.

Why do they hate him so much?  Pretty much boils down to CORSI and "Hey remember that time he turned it over?  Yeah he sucks, he's the suckiest suck suck that ever sucked."

Ceci's problem is that he played himself onto the team when he should have been in the AHL because the defense was that bad.  So now we have a first round pick that hasn't turned into whatever gold-sh****ng unicorn people feel they were promised by his 4th year even though he is only 23.  His points had been steadily increasing year to year until he fell off "a cliff" this year, mainly due to his defensive deployment and paired with a slowing Dion.  Now with a season under his belt in the toughest deployment possible in Boucher's system he should hopefully rebound some.  Will he ever reach that lofty potential?  Probably not, but he still has time to be a serviceable #4.

Top 4 RD is pretty much the shallowest position in the league and in our prospect pool.  Almost everybody is looking for one and either overspend in FA or via trade if they can't develop one.  You don't ditch a 23 year old that still has potential for a bag of pucks or nothing in order to save a good LD in Methot who is getting up there in age and has more options to be replaced.  Dion could have done the team a solid by waiving his NMC.  Unfortunately he didn't and that's that.  Methot is gone two seasons earlier than expected, but the cupboard isn't essentially bare.

Sad to see Marc go, but this does free up cap space for extensions that will be needed in the next two season as well.

At least Vegas can't flip him to TOR or MTL due to his NTC.  Too bad Murray was such a terrible GM and gave him one.

That was awesome AO, thx for that!!  Gives me a good insight into why Dorian did protect Ceci because of the scarcity and he is young and is a good player just not a great player,  but who is?

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
USA Today's Kevin Allen predicts Kerby Rychel who didn't even play in the NHL last season.  While he has Ottawa losing Methot who he says could be the hottest player in the trade market because he's the ONLY good top pairing defensive man left unprotected.  Vegas will lots of teams wanting him.  I'm first guessing and would of much rather lost Ceci than Methot because Sens are in a win now mode and Chabot or Claesson are ready made to replace Ceci.  Leafs get over again w a for crap expansion list of crap 💩 

Claesson and Chabot do nothing to fix the hole on the right side by losing Ceci, both are LD.

Thx for that info, I'm not enough of a hockey guy to know the difference of RD or LD.  AO why are so many people who are big Sens fans on Twitter so against the way Ceci plays??  There has to be something there that so many are not sold on him.  I do see a lot of the time when there is running around on D and the puck won't get cleared it seems more times than most it's Ceci on the ice for those escapades.  Why are u such a big Ceci fan?  I'm just not sure about him one way or the other, I just think Methot was awesome in the playoffs and EK seems to have a real comfort with him.

I don't consider myself a big Ceci fan or supporter.  But the amount of vitriol that he gets from the social media "hot takes" is just absurd.  Which being in the states is pretty much the only way to get fan interaction other than on here.

Why do they hate him so much?  Pretty much boils down to CORSI and "Hey remember that time he turned it over?  Yeah he sucks, he's the suckiest suck suck that ever sucked."

Ceci's problem is that he played himself onto the team when he should have been in the AHL because the defense was that bad.  So now we have a first round pick that hasn't turned into whatever gold-sh****ng unicorn people feel they were promised by his 4th year even though he is only 23.  His points had been steadily increasing year to year until he fell off "a cliff" this year, mainly due to his defensive deployment and paired with a slowing Dion.  Now with a season under his belt in the toughest deployment possible in Boucher's system he should hopefully rebound some.  Will he ever reach that lofty potential?  Probably not, but he still has time to be a serviceable #4.

Top 4 RD is pretty much the shallowest position in the league and in our prospect pool.  Almost everybody is looking for one and either overspend in FA or via trade if they can't develop one.  You don't ditch a 23 year old that still has potential for a bag of pucks or nothing in order to save a good LD in Methot who is getting up there in age and has more options to be replaced.  Dion could have done the team a solid by waiving his NMC.  Unfortunately he didn't and that's that.  Methot is gone two seasons earlier than expected, but the cupboard isn't essentially bare.

Sad to see Marc go, but this does free up cap space for extensions that will be needed in the next two season as well.

At least Vegas can't flip him to TOR or MTL due to his NTC.  Too bad Murray was such a terrible GM and gave him one.

Alumni
Date:

-- Edited by Russell on Wednesday 21st of June 2017 03:47:48 PM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:

Should the Sens lose Meth, (we'll know soon) the question will have to be asked why Ottawa allowed arguably the best player in the draft to come available. hopefully, it doesn't come to that.

-- Edited by Russell on Wednesday 21st of June 2017 01:13:02 PM

All this could have been avoided if Phaneuf had waived his no movement clause. He's going to have a lot of Sens fans hating on him for that. And Methot ends up in Toronto, it could get ugly.

Alumni
Date:

Should the Sens lose Meth, (we'll know soon) the question will have to be asked why Ottawa allowed arguably the best player in the draft to come available. hopefully, it doesn't come to that.

-- Edited by Russell on Wednesday 21st of June 2017 01:13:02 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

But as u can see by my posts I'm going to be unhappy no matter what happens 😂😎. Made worse because Toronto didn't offer up 1 real NHL'er. While Ottawa offered up at least 3 front line players

imagine if Vegas takes Meth and then flips him to the leafs. I'd just give up hockey all together.

Thx for that visual, that is something Lou Lamorello would love to do to the Sens. 😡😡😡

Not going to happen. If they do trade him, lafs really don't have anything to offer. But you can bet a number of teams with assets will be putting together packages Vegas can't refuse.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

But as u can see by my posts I'm going to be unhappy no matter what happens 😂😎. Made worse because Toronto didn't offer up 1 real NHL'er. While Ottawa offered up at least 3 front line players

imagine if Vegas takes Meth and then flips him to the leafs. I'd just give up hockey all together.

Thx for that visual, that is something Lou Lamorello would love to do to the Sens. 😡😡😡

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Saw one mock draft of the Vegas pick ups and they had BobbyRyan on Vegas's first line. Could he be the one taken??

Everything I've seen indicates we are going to lose a D-man. Can't see Ryan being picked unless they need some salary to reach the cap minimum.

Good point and that's what I think to, Vegas does need salary and goal scorers which there is not many on this unprotected list

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Toronto's best players were exempt from the expansion draft to they're not going to lose much.

Available players

Brian Boyle (F)

Eric Fehr (F)

Colin Greening (F)

Seth Griffith (F)

Teemu Hartikainen (F)

Brooks Laich (F)

Brendan Leipsic (F)

Joffrey Lupul (F)

Milan Michalek (F)

Kerby Rychel (F)

Ben Smith (F)

Andrew Campbell (D)

Matt Hunwick (D)

Alexey Marchenko (D)

Martin Marincin (D)

Steve Oleksy (D)

Roman Polak (D)

Antoine Bibeau (G)

Curtis McElhinney (G)

Garret Sparks (G)

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

The forward exposure list is pretty thin with rumors of side deals in place with the Islanders and CBJ in place. Depending on what happens with Nashville getting a deal in place to take one of Smith/Wilson instead of Neal, Ryan may be one of the better forwards left on the market.

There are no guarantees that Vegas takes Methot as there are a lot of younger, cheaper, and higher trade value D on the exposed lists.

If I'm Vegas I just take Claesson and move on, I don't like losing an up and coming good young cheap defense man but this is why they drafted Chabot

In the win now mode Claesson is not a huge loss if they take him.  There is also Jaros who the org is very high on and thinks is pretty close.  So keep EK happy and have Methot as a stop gap for two years while Chabot, Englund, Harpur continue to develop on the left and Jaro and Ceci can sort out the #2 RD spot.

In a perfect world, they offer up a side deal of 1st+Dzingel to take Wideman (Who they did like and is a RD).

And 2 hard boiled eggs.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

The forward exposure list is pretty thin with rumors of side deals in place with the Islanders and CBJ in place. Depending on what happens with Nashville getting a deal in place to take one of Smith/Wilson instead of Neal, Ryan may be one of the better forwards left on the market.

There are no guarantees that Vegas takes Methot as there are a lot of younger, cheaper, and higher trade value D on the exposed lists.

If I'm Vegas I just take Claesson and move on, I don't like losing an up and coming good young cheap defense man but this is why they drafted Chabot

In the win now mode Claesson is not a huge loss if they take him.  There is also Jaros who the org is very high on and thinks is pretty close.  So keep EK happy and have Methot as a stop gap for two years while Chabot, Englund, Harpur continue to develop on the left and Jaro and Ceci can sort out the #2 RD spot.

In a perfect world, they offer up a side deal of 1st+Dzingel to take Wideman (Who they did like and is a RD).

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Sens unprotected list. Da Costa?

OTTAWA

Forwards

Casey Bailey, Mike Blunden, Alexandre Burrows, Stephane Da Costa, Christopher DiDomenico, Nikita Filatov, Chris Kelly, Clarke MacArthur, Max McCormick, Chris Neil, Tom Pyatt, Ryan Rupert, Bobby Ryan, Viktor Stalberg, Phil Varone, Tommy Wingels

Defencemen

Mark Borowiecki, Fredrik Claesson, Brandon Gormley, Jyrki Jokipakka, Marc Methot, Patrick Sieloff, Chris Wideman, Mikael Wikstrand

Alumni
Date:

Toronto's best players were exempt from the expansion draft to they're not going to lose much.

Available players

Brian Boyle (F)

Eric Fehr (F)

Colin Greening (F)

Seth Griffith (F)

Teemu Hartikainen (F)

Brooks Laich (F)

Brendan Leipsic (F)

Joffrey Lupul (F)

Milan Michalek (F)

Kerby Rychel (F)

Ben Smith (F)

Andrew Campbell (D)

Matt Hunwick (D)

Alexey Marchenko (D)

Martin Marincin (D)

Steve Oleksy (D)

Roman Polak (D)

Antoine Bibeau (G)

Curtis McElhinney (G)

Garret Sparks (G)

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Saw one mock draft of the Vegas pick ups and they had BobbyRyan on Vegas's first line. Could he be the one taken??

Everything I've seen indicates we are going to lose a D-man. Can't see Ryan being picked unless they need some salary to reach the cap minimum.

«First  <  16 7 8 9 10 11  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.