Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off Season Sens News 2017

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
Off Season Sens News 2017

Saw one mock draft of the Vegas pick ups and they had BobbyRyan on Vegas's first line. Could he be the one taken??

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

would you all be ok with giving up a 1st rounder to keep Meth? This year's will be a very low pick in a bad draft year, so I think I would.

I think Dorion said he's just giving up 1 asset and that's it.  I do believe I heard him say that with Ian Mendes on Friday's podcast. 

I do agree with Kat, I'll be pretty grumpy if we lose Methot.  I'll be grumpy if they lose Ryan and I'll be resigned to the fact if they lose Claesson.  Every team should be forced to give up a good player if Ottawa has to, Vegas paid 500M and they do deserve good players from every team.  Anaheim and Columbus pulling this crap where they don't have to is kinda crappy.  First round or not all the teams need to play by the same rules.

Jedi Master
Date:

Yep. Especially with EK having surgery for another major injury, we are going to need Meth next season.

Alumni
Date:

would you all be ok with giving up a 1st rounder to keep Meth? This year's will be a very low pick in a bad draft year, so I think I would.

Jedi Master
Date:

I'm going to be very grumpy if we lose Methot

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

Was watching a sports show on one of the US channels and they said that the word was that Vegas have 10 or 12 players, they believe are not going to be protected, on their really want list and probably are not interested in making any deals to pass over. They also said that Vegas will probably choose experienced Dmen and goalies and take younger forwards. Not good for Methot.

If they don't have a deal in place to keep methot, that's a big mistake, IMO. Its all about keeping EK65 happy. They are in a win now scenario. I'd have expose Ceci before Meth. 

Me too, Chabot can take that Ceci role within next 2 years and Claesson could have taken that role next season. (maybe)

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Ottawa's protected list...

Derick Brassard (F)
Ryan Dzingel (F)
Mike Hoffman (F)
Jean-Gabriel Pageau (F)
Zack Smith (F)
Mark Stone (F)
Kyle Turris (F)
Cody Ceci (D)
Erik Karlsson (D)
Dion Phaneuf (D)
Craig Anderson (G)

No surprises, the only toss up was Ceci vs Methot ans weather one would get traded.  Well for now they are both still Senators.  Maybe Dorion has a side deal in place with Vegas

On the unprotected list is Nikita Filatov.  That's totally who Vegas should pick. I'm sure he can "rebound" back in the NHL. Worth a gamble in my unbiased opinion.

😂😎 lol on Filatov, I saw his name and thought WHAT?!? I'm shocked he's even still playing  

Filly don't do Vegas. 

Claesson Ryan or Methot are the 3 that are most likely picked, anyone think they'd take Ryan? 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Was watching a sports show on one of the US channels and they said that the word was that Vegas have 10 or 12 players, they believe are not going to be protected, on their really want list and probably are not interested in making any deals to pass over. They also said that Vegas will probably choose experienced Dmen and goalies and take younger forwards. Not good for Methot.

If they don't have a deal in place to keep methot, that's a big mistake, IMO. Its all about keeping EK65 happy. They are in a win now scenario. I'd have expose Ceci before Meth. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Derick Brassard (F)
Ryan Dzingel (F)
Mike Hoffman (F)
Jean-Gabriel Pageau (F)
Zack Smith (F)
Mark Stone (F)
Kyle Turris (F)
Cody Ceci (D)
Erik Karlsson (D)
Dion Phaneuf (D)
Craig Anderson (G)

No surprises, the only toss up was Ceci vs Methot ans weather one would get traded.  Well for now they are both still Senators.  Maybe Dorion has a side deal in place with Vegas

On the unprotected list is Nikita Filatov.  That's totally who Vegas should pick. I'm sure he can "rebound" back in the NHL. Worth a gamble in my unbiased opinion.

😂😎 lol on Filatov, I saw his name and thought WHAT?!? I'm shocked he's even still playing  

Filly don't do Vegas. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

The forward exposure list is pretty thin with rumors of side deals in place with the Islanders and CBJ in place. Depending on what happens with Nashville getting a deal in place to take one of Smith/Wilson instead of Neal, Ryan may be one of the better forwards left on the market.

There are no guarantees that Vegas takes Methot as there are a lot of younger, cheaper, and higher trade value D on the exposed lists.

If I'm Vegas I just take Claesson and move on, I don't like losing an up and coming good young cheap defense man but this is why they drafted Chabot

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Derick Brassard (F)
Ryan Dzingel (F)
Mike Hoffman (F)
Jean-Gabriel Pageau (F)
Zack Smith (F)
Mark Stone (F)
Kyle Turris (F)
Cody Ceci (D)
Erik Karlsson (D)
Dion Phaneuf (D)
Craig Anderson (G)

Alumni
Date:

The forward exposure list is pretty thin with rumors of side deals in place with the Islanders and CBJ in place. Depending on what happens with Nashville getting a deal in place to take one of Smith/Wilson instead of Neal, Ryan may be one of the better forwards left on the market.

There are no guarantees that Vegas takes Methot as there are a lot of younger, cheaper, and higher trade value D on the exposed lists.

Alumni
Date:

Derick Brassard (F)
Ryan Dzingel (F)
Mike Hoffman (F)
Jean-Gabriel Pageau (F)
Zack Smith (F)
Mark Stone (F)
Kyle Turris (F)
Cody Ceci (D)
Erik Karlsson (D)
Dion Phaneuf (D)
Craig Anderson (G)

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Why on earth would they give up Ceci by not protecting him for 2 more seasons of an aging Methot?

Best guess is Karlsson wants Methot around at least for next 2 years of Karlsson's contract--like it or not but Karlsson gets what he wants if this is what he wants.  But bottom line is WHO KNOWS?

Alumni
Date:

Why on earth would they give up Ceci by not protecting him for 2 more seasons of an aging Methot?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Apparently Sens are going to protect Ceci. Don't think I agree with this move. Unless they have an offer for Methot that makes scene.

http://www.tsn.ca/report-senators-to-protect-d-ceci-1.781851

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Rumours are circulating of a possible Landeskog/Ceci trade with draft picks and prospects involved. Don't know anything about Landeskog. If this is true, I don't thing Vegas will spend a pick on Claesson. I assume that means the focus would shift to one of our forwards. Would Landeskog need to be protected?

Stooli wanted Landeskog so bad back when they did the podcast, he started out on fire with the Avs and cooled over the last few  years I think because he played so hard and injuries have taken something from his game.  He was made Captain at like 20-21 years old.

He's been a diminishing asset for the past 3 seasons with 59, 53 and then 33 points last season with a sparkling -25 in 72 games. I know it was a bad team and all but that's one cliff he's went off of.  Heck Ceci straight up is all the Avs should get for a 24 year old in a 34 year old body.  He's not lived up to overall #2 pick status in my humble opinion.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Rumours are circulating of a possible Landeskog/Ceci trade with draft picks and prospects involved. Don't know anything about Landeskog. If this is true, I don't thing Vegas will spend a pick on Claesson. I assume that means the focus would shift to one of our forwards. Would Landeskog need to be protected?

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

all sorts of talk about trading Phaneuf. If we do that, then we will probably lose Claessan or Ceci to Vegas, as well, leaving us 2 D men down. Does a team that was 1 shot away from the finals want to do that? Have to rebuild its D so drastically?

Heck No!!!  now with all this stuff coming out I say protect Methot and let Ceci or Claesson move on to Vegas and Chabot moves into that spot.  Then u aren't down 2 Dmen, this is what the NHL wants is for the better teams to lose a good player in expansion then so be it.

«First  <  17 8 9 10 11  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.