Remember Me  

Topic: Off Season Sens News 2017

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Off Season Sens News 2017

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Just to be clear, every unrestricted NHL free agent over the last 20 years has been rumored going to @MapleLeafs. Every ... single ... one

Simple quiz: Is this true or false

False. There was that guy who played out west somewhere who played about 6 games. Am fairly certain he was not rumored to be going to Toronto.

that's right it was either Smith or Jones I think.....

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Sheesh, was I the only who watched some of the draft and cared a little bit? I predict the guys picked by Ottawa never ever make any difference for Ottawa. If any do make the team it will be a Brian Lee or Jim O'Brien performance

nah, was watching the football game. 

Me too. Didn't even realize the draft was on until after the game was over.

and u call yourselves fans SMH 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Sheesh, was I the only who watched some of the draft and cared a little bit? I predict the guys picked by Ottawa never ever make any difference for Ottawa. If any do make the team it will be a Brian Lee or Jim O'Brien performance

Me too. Didn't even realize the draft was on until after the game was over.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Just to be clear, every unrestricted NHL free agent over the last 20 years has been rumored going to @MapleLeafs. Every ... single ... one

False. There was that guy who played out west somewhere who played about 6 games. Am fairly certain he was not rumored to be going to Toronto.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

C Shane Bowers
He's a 5 out of 5 on the dependablity scale--wow!
Button: I don't know where his offence is going to come from. Not a ringing endorsement on a first rounder but look at Patrick Eaves and Nick Foligno they were picked this late. Too bad both those guys waited till they were on other teams to ramp up their scoring

Confident Fan
Date:

It's already started: Not to overhype the kid, but Timothy Liljegren is now the best Swedish defenseman in the province. (Down Goes Brown)

I realize he's a comedian but I bet a load of Leaf 🍃 fans liked that Tweet

Confident Fan
Date:

Nobody else here at the Draft? Ottawa of course doesn't pick till Midnight your time

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Pan wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Schmidt Washington. Never heard of him and that concludes our Ottawa Senators giving up maybe the best player picked by the hated Vegas team

Dorion has made a bunch of great moves. Today will be his fumble. Outside of Fleury, Meth was the best player they got, and they likely won't even keep him. So, why didn't we trade him?

Someone on Twitter just said wait till we see what Vegas gets for MM in trade.  If they get a bunch of good stuff then that will suck

Ottawa wouldn't be able to get what Vegas will for a trade.  The team that gets him (apparently it's Dallas) would have had to not protect someone else so really it's Vegas's advantage. This is a total botch by Dorion.  All year and last summer he mentioned that he was running scenarios of how he would draft the expansion team. I don't think that he took McPhee's strategy of acquiring as many assets as possible by swapping this many drafted players and got burned for it.  They should have protected 4 D & expose Smith Dzingel and Brassard instead. 

Vegas wanted a 2018 first round pick for Methot (plus probably taking claesson) they'll probably get that or more tomorrow morning in open market. No way anyone pays that for Ceci.  I'm not taking this well and I'm very disappointed - especially when he said he didn't want to leave and is expecting a son while getting married this summer.  this sucks

"They should have protected 4 D & expose Smith Dzingel and Brassard instead. "

I don't agree with this but Ceci should have been exposed, not Meth. Ceci is much easier to replace in Ottawa's line up than Meth.

I'd totally be fine with Ceci, but just recommended keeping him because he's younger, but the main point is that this is a huge mess up.  Dorion better have a play here because if this was any other team, he would get fired right away.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Agree with Pan. Once Phaneuf refused to waive his no move clause, the Sens should of bitten the bullet and protected 4 d-men. Probably would have lost Dzingel or Brassard or maybe Claesson but those are holes that could have been filled. Exposing Meth is a big mistake. They dropped the ball on this one.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Pan wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Schmidt Washington. Never heard of him and that concludes our Ottawa Senators giving up maybe the best player picked by the hated Vegas team

Dorion has made a bunch of great moves. Today will be his fumble. Outside of Fleury, Meth was the best player they got, and they likely won't even keep him. So, why didn't we trade him?

Someone on Twitter just said wait till we see what Vegas gets for MM in trade.  If they get a bunch of good stuff then that will suck

Ottawa wouldn't be able to get what Vegas will for a trade.  The team that gets him (apparently it's Dallas) would have had to not protect someone else so really it's Vegas's advantage. This is a total botch by Dorion.  All year and last summer he mentioned that he was running scenarios of how he would draft the expansion team. I don't think that he took McPhee's strategy of acquiring as many assets as possible by swapping this many drafted players and got burned for it.  They should have protected 4 D & expose Smith Dzingel and Brassard instead. 

Vegas wanted a 2018 first round pick for Methot (plus probably taking claesson) they'll probably get that or more tomorrow morning in open market. No way anyone pays that for Ceci.  I'm not taking this well and I'm very disappointed - especially when he said he didn't want to leave and is expecting a son while getting married this summer.  this sucks

I don't agree with this but Ceci should have been exposed, not Meth. Ceci is much easier to replace in Ottawa's line up than Meth.

As u said earlier Russell, Claesson better be really good this season 

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Pan
Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

7 writers didn't even put EK65 in top 3 for Norris.

of course 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

IMO: No team lost a player as important as Marc Methot off their roster tonight.  Ian Mendes

Alumni
Date:

7 writers didn't even put EK65 in top 3 for Norris.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

«First  <  14 5 6 7 811  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.