Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off season around the league (other teams)

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Off season around the league (other teams)

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
UFA goalie Ryan Miller is in VAN being wooed by Canucks' brass.

So they got rid of 2 star goalies last year... and now they want to try to sign Miller?

Jedi Master
Date:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m
PHX gave up a draft pick to TB for Sam Gagner and B.J. Crombeen. TB clearing salary cap room.

TB gets 6th round pick in 2015 from AZ for Gagner and Crombeen.

Confident Fan
Date:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 59s
TB gets 6th round pick in 2015 from AZ for Gagner and Crombeen. #TSN

WRONG again!!
Wow 6th round? where was Murray, I would have given a 5th rounder for those 2

Confident Fan
Date:

I wonder if TB got a First round pick in 2015 for Gagne?

Jedi Master
Date:

TB has traded Sam Gagner to PHX, I mean Arizona. In any case, Gagner is a Coyote.

Well that was fun.

Jedi Master
Date:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 5m
Oilers trade Sam Gagner to Tampa Bay for Teddy Purcell.

Jedi Master
Date:

Reimer has requested to be traded away from the Leafs

Pan
Alumni
Date:

labru wrote:

Hold onto Spezza, and then....?

What will be the return if he stays around next season. This doesn't look as ugly as the Heatley situation, but the only hope there is that it's a contract year for him. He will definitely walk as a UFA, after next year so everything you get back for him is concentrated in points in the next season. Is that something you want? I think this rebuild isn't complete yet, so it would be nice to get some value beyond next season. Also, with the strong draft next year, we should tank a little in order to stock our 'prospect cupboard', as we don't have much talent left in the farm system. Spezza's points won't help you in that regard either.
I don't think it will turn ugly if he's still around, but it will definitely be weird.

You CAN keep him, unless he's traded on tuesday. At trade deadline, could get good value and easier to move as he would be going to a good playoff team, and I don't think a list of teams would matter as much to him as it's only a couple months, and if Ottawa is out of it, trading within the division wouldn't really matter. It would be a hell year too. Most return is probably at deadline based on how this has been handled. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 18m
BUF has initiated compliance buyout procedures on Christian Ehrhoff. Not official just yet but BUF has begun the process.

Jedi Master
Date:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 27m
TOR sends Gunnarson to STL in exchange for Polak.

Alumni
Date:

Hold onto Spezza, and then....?

What will be the return if he stays around next season. This doesn't look as ugly as the Heatley situation, but the only hope there is that it's a contract year for him. He will definitely walk as a UFA, after next year so everything you get back for him is concentrated in points in the next season. Is that something you want? I think this rebuild isn't complete yet, so it would be nice to get some value beyond next season. Also, with the strong draft next year, we should tank a little in order to stock our 'prospect cupboard', as we don't have much talent left in the farm system. Spezza's points won't help you in that regard either.
I don't think it will turn ugly if he's still around, but it will definitely be weird.

Confident Fan
Date:

Vancouver got zilch for Kesler IMO, The Ducks have like 7 top end prospects and the Canucks didn't get a one of them. Plus they couldn't even get the 10th pick out of them. No wonder Murray isn't getting offers he can live with if this is the drek u get back for a top Centre, Bonino is a 4th line C and Sbisa is a failed 1st rounder. Good luck at #24 and the Canucks threw in a 3rd rounder in next years draft which is much better. Gillis' ghost still survives in Vancouver.
GMBM now may have to hold on to Spezza if this is all you can get in return

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:

Same thing Labru :P

Well, Niskanen is a UFA and wouldn't even look that bad in a Sens uniform IMO. We need some help on the back end.

Alumni
Date:

PHI: Lecavalier's agent has been given permission to talk to teams about possible trades. Nope, I didn't see this coming when he was signed last year. Not at all. (/sarcasm)   He's got 3 years left on the deal, and VL gets $2M in signing bonus on July 1st, so this isn't going to be an easy trade to negotiate even with PHI retaining salary.

FLA: pending UFA D Matt Gilroy signs with Atlant Mytishchi of the KHL.

Alumni
Date:

I think Nikitin making $4.5M is Edmonton trying to get to the salary floor, as well as overpaying players to go to that city.

.....and yes, I was talking about D only.   Forwards are a different kettle of fish, as are goalies.   As much as I want to see the Spezza situation settled one way or the other, I'm even more eager/concerned to see RFAs signed and next-year UFAs extended.  And soon.  

Confident Fan
Date:

Nitikin at 4.5 is Argentinan inflation from the 70's, that's ridiculous for whoever he is

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Same thing Labru :P

I don't really have a problem with inflation kicking in, as long as the revenues are there and the owners and league aren't whining about losing money every year. Oh....

The Karlsson deal was a steal looking back and Ottawa was lucky to have signed him previous to the period where offer sheets were available. That was the same summer that Philly screwed Nashville with Weber.

For no one making more than EK, I'm assuming that Kards is talking the D men. That would be fair, but I would see Methot asking for 4 years at 5.5M per, and that would probably make sense, again considering inflation. EK's next contract will probably be something like $10M per year for 8 years. If you tell forwards that they can't make more than $6M, you'd better trade Ryan now, and any free (good) agent would look elsewhere.

Alumni
Date:

I can see Methot making $4.5M on a longer-than-two-year contract, but more than that and I start to get iffy. EK65 is making $6M, so nobody should be making more than that or even particularly close to it unless they are making that kind of contribution to the team (in terms of minutes and offensive production). Defensive defencemen do not make the same money as the offensive ones, and never have.

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:

Nitkanen was actually Methot's partner in Columbus. Luckily with Methot, we actually can get a home town discount.

You mean Nikitin?

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Nitkanen was actually Methot's partner in Columbus. Luckily with Methot, we actually can get a home town discount.

«First  <  17 8 9 10 11  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.