Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off season around the league (other teams)

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Off season around the league (other teams)

if some guy I've barely heard of is going to make 4.5M per season what is Methot now worth?

Alumni
Date:

EDM signs D Nikita Nitkitin to 2yr / $9M deal after acquiring rights from CBJ for 5th round pick.

TBL are using a compliance buyout on F Ryan Malone (1yr left, $2.5M salary, $4.5M cap hit)
TBL have signed pending UFA F Ryan Callaghan to 6yr deal with a cap hit of $5.8M.

Alumni
Date:

MTL re-signs Markov for 3yr / $17.25M. I can't wait to see what Subban screws them for....I'm guessing $9M+ for 8 years. They're going to have cap problems, and it's going to be fun to watch them be like TML.

Alumni
Date:

CBJ send potential buyout candidate Umberger (3yrs left @ $4.6M) + 4th round pick back to PHI for Scott Hartnell (5yrs @ $4.25M remaining). Kekalainen totally screwed Hextall on this one. A player he was going to buy out for Harnell, albeit for another 5 years of Hartnell who is currently 32. Still, CBJ wins this trade.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

I still can't believe that they didn't fire Carlysle. It'll be interesting to see what they get back for Reimer, but I'm assuming that it's just going to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick

Alumni
Date:

No, but Shanny is under pressure to "make a change" and "get the team to the next level", and that pressure is intense. The noise from the fanbase to "DO SOMETHING!" is already getting louder.

Confident Fan
Date:

not even Nonis is that stupid

Alumni
Date:

Brad Richards to Toronto would be hilarious. They're already having cap issues and need to sign several players. I think I'd probably break a rib from laughter if TML signed him as you know, you KNOW, it'd be a long term contract.

Please Dave Nonis, make this happen. And then buy out Bolland. And then sign Franson to big money. Please. :)

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

NYR: Brad Richards, with 6yr @ $6.67M, is being bought out. It's immediate, rather than the usual 24 hour waivers process, as he had a NMC and decided not to go through waivers.

He is still owed $8M in signing bonus money over the next 3 years (always paid in full) and $12.6 M in salary buyout.  At $20.6M, this is the 4th largest buyout in NHL history after Lecavalier, DiPietro and Bryzgalov. 

He's getting $20M+ to "go away" -- I'm in the wrong line of work.

I found this one interesting.  Curious to see where he will end up.  Smells like a Toronto special to me!

Alumni
Date:

That pretty much removes Dallas from the dark horse Spezza stakes, maybe Tampa too.

Alumni
Date:

NYR: Brad Richards, with 6yr @ $6.67M, is being bought out. It's immediate, rather than the usual 24 hour waivers process, as he had a NMC and decided not to go through waivers.

He is still owed $8M in signing bonus money over the next 3 years (always paid in full) and $12.6 M in salary buyout.  At $20.6M, this is the 4th largest buyout in NHL history after Lecavalier, DiPietro and Bryzgalov. 

He's getting $20M+ to "go away" -- I'm in the wrong line of work.

Alumni
Date:

Social media accounts for teams can be bland, funny, annoying....and sometimes they are just amazing:

KayleeG (@blondebarbie103) #futuregoals marry a @DetroitRedWings player #puckbunny

Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) @blondebarbie103 Kaylee - please aspire to greater things than this.

Alumni
Date:

Here's an interesting one:

EDM has the right to talk to CBJ pending UFA D Nikita Nikitin. They haven't traded anything for them, according to BobbyMc, and have a finite window to talk, and if something can be worked out then they will formally trade for the rights. If this works, I can see it becoming popular as the team that is losing the player can demand a better pick if the team signing the pending UFA knows for sure that they will get them.

Winter Classic 2015 will be: CHI vs WAS. Yawn.

Alumni
Date:

CAR: Hurricanes hire Bill Peters as new heac coach. He was an assistant coach in Detroit, so that's another new HC that organization has trained and released. I think they'd better get Bab**** signed (next year is the last year of his deal) soon.

Alumni
Date:

As per Dreger, at least 8 teams are interested in getting the #1 overall pick from FLA, including VAN, TOR, EDM and CGY.

If FLA trade it, I'll be very curious to see what the price of the trade is.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Islanders keep trading for pending UFAs for rights and losing them after, and getting a lower pick back. Wang needs to sell this team so that Snow can get fired and that this organization will resemble some form of an actual hockey team.

Alumni
Date:

NYI: Pierre LeBrun is reporting that Garth Snow is shopping the rights to Dan Boyle as they have not been able to come to a deal.

Stop. The. Presses.

Alumni
Date:

DET: Jordin Tootoo is put on waivers for the purpose of a buyout (1yr / $1.9M cap hit remaining on contract).

Alumni
Date:

Via Twitter, from capgeek.com, the estimated cap overages (due to bonuses, etc) that will be applied to teams against the cap for next season:

Boston ~$4.75M
Detroit ~$3M
New Jersey ~$2.25M
MIN: ~$825K
CLB, ANA, STL: $600K-$700K
TOR: ~$475K
PHI: ~$345K
CHI, SJS, TBL, WAS, WPG: <$300K
BUF, CAR, CGY, COL, DAL, EDM, FLA, LAK, MTL, OTT, NAS, NYI, NYR, PHX, PIT, VAN: ~$0

Jedi Master
Date:

Also - Habs signed Weise to a 2-year extension today.

Buffalo put Ville Leino on waivers, as did Vancouver with David Booth, both players expected to be bought out.

«First  <  18 9 10 11  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.