Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off season around the league (other teams)

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Off season around the league (other teams)

NJ bought out Volchenkov. So glad GMBM walked away from matching that deal.

Alumni
Date:

The entire Ontario thoroughbred industry is on the decline with the loss of the slots at the track revenue. It's actually a good sign that he sold the horses as that is now no longer a drain on the team's finances.

Confident Fan
Date:

Melnyk and invest in the same sentence is making me more and more depressed about this whole sad situation--that son of a gun just added all kinds of revenue and this keeps being brought up. Someone on one of the Canadian podcasts said Melnyk just sold his horses and that was a prelude of some such crap to come about being even more cheap. ;-(

Pan
Alumni
Date:

labru wrote:
SensKat wrote:

There are a few big names out there this year.

Brad Richards
Thomas Vanek
Marty Havlat

Plus there are guys like Hemsky out there that could be wildcards...

Full list here:

www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/

Maybe Hemsky's demands are too big and GMBM can sign him later (near camp) once his demands come down. If Spezza isn't moved, they can tear up the league together :)

Murray isn't willing to pay more than his last  offer to Hemsky. And Hemsky is worth WAYYY more than that.  I've bden watching him since 2005 and the "sample size" in Ottawa is exactly what he's always been like. Pittsburgh may be a good fit for him, especially now that Neal is gone.  And if he's hurt at all, it's just an offset for whatever suspension Neal would normally take. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Brad Richards
Thomas Vanek
Marty Havlat

Full list here:

www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/

Maybe Hemsky's demands are too big and GMBM can sign him later (near camp) once his demands come down. If Spezza isn't moved, they can tear up the league together :)

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva
Gagner and Crombeen to AZ for 6th rnd pick in '14. TB keeps 1/3 of Gagner salary. #tvasports

WTF and TB couldn't even get Phoenix to pay all of Gagner's salary, Spezza may get Ottawa a 5th round pick and a #6 defenseman if we are lucky now.

Well, that's just our luck. We're in big need of 6D as a matter of fact! no

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:
labru wrote:

Hold onto Spezza, and then....?

What will be the return if he stays around next season. This doesn't look as ugly as the Heatley situation, but the only hope there is that it's a contract year for him. He will definitely walk as a UFA, after next year so everything you get back for him is concentrated in points in the next season. Is that something you want? I think this rebuild isn't complete yet, so it would be nice to get some value beyond next season. Also, with the strong draft next year, we should tank a little in order to stock our 'prospect cupboard', as we don't have much talent left in the farm system. Spezza's points won't help you in that regard either.
I don't think it will turn ugly if he's still around, but it will definitely be weird.

You CAN keep him, unless he's traded on tuesday. At trade deadline, could get good value and easier to move as he would be going to a good playoff team, and I don't think a list of teams would matter as much to him as it's only a couple months, and if Ottawa is out of it, trading within the division wouldn't really matter. It would be a hell year too. Most return is probably at deadline based on how this has been handled. 

What do you view as being good value? I can't see the Sens landing more than a 2nd rounder at the deadline, probably a 3rd rounder or even lower. Would that be good value? Melnyk better invest a little extra in the scouting staff, because rumours are that that isn't what it was anymore.

Melnyk. Invest. Extra... in the same sentence? Sorry, not gonna happen.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

In regards to Vancouver and their goalies, it's a new management team, but I don't see why the ownership allowed Gillis to trade away Luongo last year. That said, they've pretty much announced that they're in a rebuild, so why would Miller want to go there? Trade with Carolina and get Cam Ward instead.

Jedi Master
Date:

Brad Richards
Thomas Vanek
Marty Havlat

Full list here:

www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/

Confident Fan
Date:

Are any of them any good Kat? besides Michalek and Ryan Miller I don't even know who is a real player on the UFA market

Confident Fan
Date:

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva
Gagner and Crombeen to AZ for 6th rnd pick in '14. TB keeps 1/3 of Gagner salary. #tvasports

WTF and TB couldn't even get Phoenix to pay all of Gagner's salary, Spezza may get Ottawa a 5th round pick and a #6 defenseman if we are lucky now.

Jedi Master
Date:

Just trying to scan through the list of UFA's, but holy cow the list is long this year...

Confident Fan
Date:

Your right, TB is going to be signing some guys that cost big bucks but I have no idea who

Confident Fan
Date:

Kat they are going to stink next season, the media and fans are under no delusions that next season will be a good one. So Miller will be fine for one year, besides he has no other options if he wants to live on the West Coast

Jedi Master
Date:

Wondering if TB is courting one of the big names that just got bought out... There are some big fish on the market come Tuesday.

Confident Fan
Date:

I mean that energy guy the Canucks got Friday from the NYRangers scored 8 points last season and he was traded for a 3rd round pick. There are stupid GM's in the NHL that's for Damn sure

Jedi Master
Date:

TB is clearly up to something, clearing a large amount of cap space...

I know they cleared house in Vancouver, but still doesn't seem like a team with a recent history that would be likely to attract the biggest name in goalies on the UFA market this year.

Besides, can you imagine him trying to handle the media pressure in Vancouver?

Confident Fan
Date:

Kat what do u think TB is doing? Gagne is way worth more than a 6th round pick, and this really really lessens the return the Sens are looking for in Spezza. They really may have to keep him now

Confident Fan
Date:

Kat that stupid regime that did that in Vancouver is long gone and won't ever have a GM's job again

Confident Fan
Date:

6th round is crap what the heck is TB doing?

«First  <  16 7 8 9 10 11  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.