Topic: Spezza

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Spezza

Euge needs to talk less. I think we covered that in ep 25. :/

Confident Fan
Date:

I thought Eugene said within 2 years the Sens would be Cup contenders.

Jedi Master
Date:

Maybe we can trade Spezza for Lecavalier.

Alumni
Date:

I can't see Lecavalier being bought out, but traded. If he was, he'd be looking at $6M per year in buyout money for quite a number of years. The only one the article, which I guess people didn't read, talked about being a potential buyout candidate was Brad Richards. Mike Richards is a $4M fourth line centre at the moment.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I could see lafs taking a look at M. Richards.

Alumni
Date:

If all three get bought out it would be safe to say that B.Richards would go back to TB or Dallas and Vinny would follow Laviolette to Nashville. M.Richards is a bit of a wildcard.

Alumni
Date:

An interesting Insider Trading column from LeBrun and Dreger; other players who could be on the move and/or potential buyouts (obviously Spezza is not in the latter category) include Brad Richards, Mike Richards and Vincent Lecavalier. They also state that Dan Boyle is looking for a two year deal, not three as I was thinking, but that the money being asked for is high and might drive some teams out of the 'lottery'.

Alumni
Date:

Murray can trade Spezza to 19 other teams, not just one like Heatley. It's not like the Spezza rumors are out of the blue. The team will be better off for the future.

Jedi Master
Date:

This could well be the final domino that needed to fall to see our Sens become the Oilers. If Spezza is moved, we are done being contenders for a VERY long time.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Senior is bang on with that

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

As my barber, (a hard core Sens fan) said today, if Spezza pulled a Heatly and told Murray he would only go to a couple of teams of his choosing and to hell with what Ottawa could get in return, he would be fine with it. And now the other teams know Ottawa have to move Spezza and they can and will low-ball Murray. This organization is quickly becoming a joke.

-- Edited by senior on Wednesday 11th of June 2014 06:52:46 PM

Alumni
Date:

well, there you have it. Spezza has asked for a trade. Does Systine have to give me back my $100 now?

Like I said on Twitter, It wasn't that long ago 11,15 &19 were the best line in hockey. Now, all have left organization willingly. Are we going to blame all of them?

Alumni
Date:

On Twitter earlier this morning, from @TSNSteve (Steve Warne, one of the hosts of TGOR on TSN1200):

A good advertising source tells me the Sens have instructed that Jason Spezza's image be pulled from marketing materials for this fall.

I'm not convinced this is a concrete sign of a pending move, but rather it's a team that doesn't want to have major marketing associated with a player who *could* move before the season starts, during it, or at the end of it.  I expect to see even more EK65, more Bobby Ryan and Kyle Turris.

C3
Veteran
Date:

We should have never had a Captain from Mississauga....

JK.

Confident Fan
Date:

my bad about changing the Spezza thread, I shoulda put in there that the Sharks were also thinking about captain for captain Spezza for Jumbo

Alumni
Date:

Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleasephplease.....that would be awesome if the Leafs picked up Thornton. They have 12 players signed right now, have $16M in cap space available, and he's $6.75M per season for three more seasons. That would be epic !

(sorry, this is off-topic for the Spezza thread....I should start a Laugh-at-the-Laffs thread)

Confident Fan
Date:

The Toronto Maple Leafs are reportedly interested in San Jose Sharks captain Joe Thornton. Sportnet Headline

I would really really hate if he somehow ended up in Toronto ;-(
but of course The Toronto Maple Leafs are interested in Sidney Crosby, Ovechkin, Jonathan Quick etc etc because every player in the NHL would love to play for Toronto

Confident Fan
Date:

Anaheim and St.Louis could be the best bets for Spezza since Anaheim wants a top Center to counteract the LAKings Centermen. I guess the Ducks haven't really watched Spezza play if they think he can do that.....
Kesler also in the mix for the Ducks supposedly

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Back to Kards's point, Spezza had a 5 game season in there too with his back injury. I've said this before but his reactionary and pure natural talent have worked for him which showed with Hemsky/Heatley but his traditional hockey sense is VERY poor which is why he was poor with Ryan.

The team showed that they can win without him in the locker room. Unfortunately they were awful with Alfie out of the lineup...but that's bringing up old wounds and Alfie won't fit anymore.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezza and Heatley were the leading scorers of the 2007 playoffs after 3 rounds, they were smoking up till they faced Niedermeyer Pronger Perry and Getzlaf so Spezza has proven he can score in playoffs against East teams.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.