Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Spezza

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Spezza

I think he can have an effect if he has players with him that (a) aren't hurt, and (b) are of similar calibre. When the Sens went to the SCF he had just turned 24. In the 7 seasons since then, there have been three seasons where the team hasn't made the playoffs, two years of making the playoffs with coaching by Paddock/Clouston, and two with MacLean where the team was decimated with injuries (last year) or playing their legs off with a bunch of rookies (two years ago). Not a great recipe for a lot of success in the post-season, but trying to compare him to LA/CHI/BOS top centres and how they have won Cups is a bit unfair considering the talent around those players. Even Crosby, with Malkin, has only done it once.

Alumni
Date:

I have no doubt that wherever spezza ends up, he will put up numbers in the regular season. I will always doubt that he will make much of a difference in the play offs.

Confident Fan
Date:

Since Pierre McGuire seems to really like Spezza, once he becomes GM of Pittspuke he can trade James Neal for Spezza straight up. Or whatever, maybe some of those young D they have--but the pukes have 2 Centers in Crosby and Malkin already so you'd have to think they aren't interested

Alumni
Date:

One thing that will help open up the bidding market on Spezza is that really the only good #1 center available via FA will likely be Stastny.  Maybe Brad Richards, but he's likely head straight back to Dallas if bought out.

Due to the Olympic schedule this year, teams can start contacting potential UFAs on June 25th, but the entry draft is not until June 27th.  This means that there will be a two day window pre draft that potential Spezza suitors can find out if they are in or out of the Stastny stakes.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Thursday 29th of May 2014 03:08:18 PM

Alumni
Date:

i think Z-Bad is ready to take the #2 spot.

Alumni
Date:

Turris is a very good #2 and is an average #1.  Number one centers are a luxury, but are not necessary to have for team success out of the final four in the East this season only Pitt has a true #1 elite center.

For next season it will probably go:

Turris

Spezza Trade Piece or UFA

Zibby

Smith

I'm thinking the Spezza trade will probably be centered around a top 4 RHD, so I think it will be a UFA signing to fill the 2nd center spot.

I have a suspicion that Murray will target Roy as a UFA to fill the #2 center spot.  I'd prefer to get Legwand on 2-3 year deal: veteran, reasonably fast, 2-way center, and can win faceoffs.  Zibby should be ready as a #2 by the time the contract is up.

Alumni
Date:

A question for the folks looking to trade Spezza:

Who are going to be the 4 Cs for the team if Spezza is gone? I believe during the year I made it clear I don't think Turris is a #1 centre; he's a very good #2, but I don't think he'll be a good #1. I'm curious, especially as the UFA market doesn't really have an equivalent, let alone an upgrade, for #19.

Alumni
Date:

C3 wrote:

Ceci for Captain or I riot!!

Are you channeling your inner Montreal fan?

C3
Veteran
Date:

Ceci for Captain or I riot!!

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:
C3 wrote:

Asshats.

Being included in this category, with Russell, is a badge of honour. 

and it only took 5 posts.  that's got to be a record

Alumni
Date:

C3 wrote:

Asshats.

Being included in this category, with Russell, is a badge of honour. 

Alumni
Date:

Our work here is done.

C3
Veteran
Date:

Asshats.

Alumni
Date:

Capt. Anne Tenille?

-- Edited by Russell on Monday 26th of May 2014 02:33:07 PM

Alumni
Date:

Captain Obvious?

Alumni
Date:

Captain Morgan?

Captainlogo_2005.PNG

Alumni
Date:

Captain-Hareblower-03.JPG

Captain Sam! (the actual name from the 1954 cartoon takes on a less-than-polite meaning in 2014)

Alumni
Date:

Kirk or Picard?

C3
Veteran
Date:

Don't make me say it again. We all know who should be captain.

Alumni
Date:

I'd rather see a whole season without him to allow for the team to build its own identity and identify what fixes are needed for 2015. If they suck, then they have a high pick in a deep draft and can have a more experienced roster going into the next season (e.g. 2013-14 Colorado).

«First  <  14 5 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.