Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 9 - LA @ Sens - Thu Nov 2, 7:00 pm

stephen_g wrote:
Homer wrote:
stephen_g wrote:
Homer wrote:
stephen_g wrote:

I joined the thread late...woops. So did we sacrifice this season to get a good owner?

I was about to give up on this game and play some video games but they scored late in the 2nd and pulled me back in. And now they have 2. I'm locked.

Stephen attracts the attention of the London Bobbys

OK I haven't been here so long that it feels awkward asking: what is a London Bobby? Other than a Bingo square.

When the refs blow the whistle multiple times when there's a scrum.  Kind of like London cops, aka Bobbys.

I had a feeling it had something to do with that. I am aware of the slang term for London cops. But for some reason assumed it also had to do with Bobby Ryan.

That’s the Ottawa Bobby. Happens when a player’s hands become disfigured. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
stephen_g wrote:
Homer wrote:
stephen_g wrote:

I joined the thread late...woops. So did we sacrifice this season to get a good owner?

I was about to give up on this game and play some video games but they scored late in the 2nd and pulled me back in. And now they have 2. I'm locked.

OK I haven't been here so long that it feels awkward asking: what is a London Bobby? Other than a Bingo square.

When the refs blow the whistle multiple times when there's a scrum.  Kind of like London cops, aka Bobbys.

And then the yell, “RIGHT! WHATS ALL THIS THEN!?” 

Veteran
Date:

Homer wrote:
stephen_g wrote:
Homer wrote:
stephen_g wrote:

I had a feeling it had something to do with that. I am aware of the slang term for London cops. But for some reason assumed it also had to do with Bobby Ryan.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
stephen_g wrote:

So that's only a penalty on Englund if he made contact with Stützle, eh?

The NHL league office and officials are so frikkin clueless 

And they will have no further comment on the matter. 

Alumni
Date:

stephen_g wrote:
Homer wrote:
stephen_g wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

stephen_g wrote:

The NHL league office and officials are so frikkin clueless 

Confident Fan
Date:

stephen_g wrote:

Absolutely- Roughing Charging pick the penalty call. If a Sens player did that to Kopitar the Kings would be livid 

Veteran
Date:

Homer wrote:
stephen_g wrote:

Veteran
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Englund shoulda had his head taken off - literally for trying that crap on Stützle

Alumni
Date:

Refs suck chant!

Alumni
Date:

stephen_g wrote:

Alumni
Date:

That was a deviation if it stays with Norris.  

Veteran
Date:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

This looks like another season from hell and it’s been on repeat for 7 seasons now since 2017-18 and counting

It does wear on you.

we don’t deserve the last  7 years. 

Alumni
Date:

Kempe is on 3 point watch. scoring must have been updated. He only had one last time I checked.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Hey Russell, you gonna let them one-up you?

https://x.com/dodo/status/1720244404043276439?s=20

Just wait until the vet bills start rolling in. 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

2nd post.

Go in or GTFO.

Tws yelled 

Confident Fan
Date:

This looks like another season from hell and it’s been on repeat for 7 seasons now since 2017-18 and counting

Alumni
Date:

Hey Russell, you gonna let them one-up you?

https://x.com/dodo/status/1720244404043276439?s=20

«First  <  1 2 3 47  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.