Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 64 - Sens @ Jets, Tue Mar 24, 8:000pm

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

"No NHL rules were broken in the 1st 40 minutes of the game"

WHAT?!

Is that official or just your commentary?

I'm open to it... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I also have Sens 1st on PP and 1st on PK on the same line... :/

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

WHAT?!

I'm open to it... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

WHAT?!

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Okay, Kat, so you obviously liked your Vue because you went back for seconds, how did the Escape compare?

And, TJ, if your wife like the Vue, what she drive after it and did she like it?

The Escape was just a bit easier of a drive - handled a bit better, and it was better suited to someone who is a bit vertically challenged.  The Vue was nice, and I liked it, but personally I always felt like it had a bit of that SUV "tippy" feeling on corners.  The Escape had it a bit as well, but not nearly as badly.

The safety features on the Escape are pretty amazing, and mine had the automatic parallel park which I LOVED.

Yeah, that tippy thing is a killer on compact SUVs. I don't feel it too much on my Vue so I think I'm okay as long as I don't go with a *higher* center of gravity. Gotta be honest though, "Ford Escape" wasn't even on the long list. So many SUVs today have that slope back rear that destroys all the cargo space in the back. But I definitely don't want a full size SUV.

The Subaru Forrester is cute, but the service manager today said, "If you drive a Subaru like you drive your Vue (19 years old and not even 100k yet), you will have so many maintenance bills it won't be funny." And I kinda knew the engines weren't great so this kinda nailed the coffin shut.

But, he did suggest spending an afternoon at a Carmax lot and sit in everything to figure out what I like so that was a good tip.

It's a painful process.  Just remember to pay attention to the things that matter to your comfort as well - pay attention to the seats and how well they fit you.  How do you feel about the dash/console layout, does it make sense for how your brain processes quick visuals, can you reach the cupholders..... you wouldn't think they would be a big deal, but those little inconveniences can really make a car annoying over time

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Okay, Kat, so you obviously liked your Vue because you went back for seconds, how did the Escape compare?

And, TJ, if your wife like the Vue, what she drive after it and did she like it?

She did like it, the transmission went out and shes had a Kia Soul now for a decade. We both had 2 Saturns each, she bought a Saturn the first year they came out in 93?

Back in those days, when leasing was actually less expensive than buying, I went through several Saturns.  I only jumped when they shut down.  Would probably still be driving one today if they made them.

My '03 was my first new-to-me/solo car purchase. My family drives cars until the wheels fall off so, to me, leasing always seemed like a crazy proposition. I was able to get decent service from Chevy and GM dealerships after Saturn went bye-bye, but now all the former Saturn techs are long gone and the local GM dealership passed me off one too many times.

Really like the place I went to today. Found it because I was walking the puppy by the coffee shop and a Vue pulled in and parked. I was like, "Dude, where do you take your car for service??" it worked well.

Alumni
Date:

WHAT?!

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

The Escape was just a bit easier of a drive - handled a bit better, and it was better suited to someone who is a bit vertically challenged.  The Vue was nice, and I liked it, but personally I always felt like it had a bit of that SUV "tippy" feeling on corners.  The Escape had it a bit as well, but not nearly as badly.

The safety features on the Escape are pretty amazing, and mine had the automatic parallel park which I LOVED.

Yeah, that tippy thing is a killer on compact SUVs. I don't feel it too much on my Vue so I think I'm okay as long as I don't go with a *higher* center of gravity. Gotta be honest though, "Ford Escape" wasn't even on the long list. So many SUVs today have that slope back rear that destroys all the cargo space in the back. But I definitely don't want a full size SUV.

The Subaru Forrester is cute, but the service manager today said, "If you drive a Subaru like you drive your Vue (19 years old and not even 100k yet), you will have so many maintenance bills it won't be funny." And I kinda knew the engines weren't great so this kinda nailed the coffin shut.

But, he did suggest spending an afternoon at a Carmax lot and sit in everything to figure out what I like so that was a good tip.

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

She did like it, the transmission went out and shes had a Kia Soul now for a decade. We both had 2 Saturns each, she bought a Saturn the first year they came out in 93?

Back in those days, when leasing was actually less expensive than buying, I went through several Saturns.  I only jumped when they shut down.  Would probably still be driving one today if they made them.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

ok, for the most messed up thing you'll see today,  prepare yourself:

Is that satire or some kind of reference that went over my head or…{shudders} un-ironically on the level?

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

"Strong American flavor"

Is that a bitter flavor?

speaking of strong American flavour.....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/kenney-recording-ucp-alberta-leadership-review-staff-1.6396647

It's really sad that I skimmed that article and can't be sure if he's the lunatic and just lacks self-awareness or he's the rational one and the people he's calling lunatics are actually the crazy ones.

Sadly.... he's a lunatic who is worried about lunatic-ier people

Okay, I was kinda getting that vibe as well. I feel like everything now is a "lesser of two evils" / "devil you know" choice.

I don't like those options.

twss

eh, weak effort

twss

Alumni
Date:

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 9.41.42 PM.png

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

ok, for the most messed up thing you'll see today,  prepare yourself:

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

"Strong American flavor"

Is that a bitter flavor?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/kenney-recording-ucp-alberta-leadership-review-staff-1.6396647

It's really sad that I skimmed that article and can't be sure if he's the lunatic and just lacks self-awareness or he's the rational one and the people he's calling lunatics are actually the crazy ones.

Okay, I was kinda getting that vibe as well. I feel like everything now is a "lesser of two evils" / "devil you know" choice.

twss

eh, weak effort

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

"Strong American flavor"

Is that a bitter flavor?

luckily this one is just a party leadership race, so the province still has the option to just elect someone else. 

I will say this delicately because I know you're either from Alberta or you at least lived there for a while…do we trust Albertans to make the sane choice? It's the Texas of Canada, no?

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

"DJ wants to find some traction". lmao. DJ needs to find some competent players, and an actual game strategy.

You are so right 👍

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

"Strong American flavor"

Is that a bitter flavor?

luckily this one is just a party leadership race, so the province still has the option to just elect someone else. 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

"Strong American flavor"

Is that a bitter flavor?

twss

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 711  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.