Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 64 - Sens @ Jets, Tue Mar 24, 8:000pm

SensKat wrote:

how many people got hurt on that play?

Everything (bad) is happening.

Alumni
Date:

"Luckily" it looks like it was the chin/mouth for Zaitsev, not the throat.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Joseph got hurt blocking a shot that was blown dead. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

OW!

Gotta hurt 😢 right in the mouth 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

At least two. 

And I feel back for laughing at the way new guy just collapsed.

Alumni
Date:

OW!

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

I'm hearing "Go, Flames, Go"

That can't be right.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

That goal that was reviewed.  Does it count as a goal disallowed?

No. I don't think anyone thought it ever a goal, they were just checking to be sure.

yeah, it wasn't even close

Jedi Master
Date:

Ugh, somebody do something

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

No. I don't think anyone thought it ever a goal, they were just checking to be sure.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

not unless it was called a goal on the ice. 

Alumni
Date:

Aww, bromance! 

dab

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

It's a painful process.  Just remember to pay attention to the things that matter to your comfort as well - pay attention to the seats and how well they fit you.  How do you feel about the dash/console layout, does it make sense for how your brain processes quick visuals, can you reach the cupholders..... you wouldn't think they would be a big deal, but those little inconveniences can really make a car annoying over time

Is the lift height low enough for the dog to jump into the back? Is there enough room to sleep in the back when camping? Important questions!

Lol, yeah, it's going to be interesting, driven this car for almost half my life.

Definitely, and yes, I did it, seats fold completely flat, so lots of room for sleeping!

Also, the kick-activated tailgate is..... surprisingly life-changing.  lol

Lol, we have a drive-thru household hazardous waste disposal in my city. You're not supposed to get out of your car. They freak out at me and tell me to just open the back with "the button".

And then, after I open it and get back in, they can't figure out how to close it, they look everywhere for the button.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

"No NHL rules were broken in the 1st 40 minutes of the game"

WHAT?!

Is that official or just your commentary?

I'm open to it... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

twss

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Okay, Kat, so you obviously liked your Vue because you went back for seconds, how did the Escape compare?

And, TJ, if your wife like the Vue, what she drive after it and did she like it?

The Escape was just a bit easier of a drive - handled a bit better, and it was better suited to someone who is a bit vertically challenged.  The Vue was nice, and I liked it, but personally I always felt like it had a bit of that SUV "tippy" feeling on corners.  The Escape had it a bit as well, but not nearly as badly.

The safety features on the Escape are pretty amazing, and mine had the automatic parallel park which I LOVED.

Yeah, that tippy thing is a killer on compact SUVs. I don't feel it too much on my Vue so I think I'm okay as long as I don't go with a *higher* center of gravity. Gotta be honest though, "Ford Escape" wasn't even on the long list. So many SUVs today have that slope back rear that destroys all the cargo space in the back. But I definitely don't want a full size SUV.

The Subaru Forrester is cute, but the service manager today said, "If you drive a Subaru like you drive your Vue (19 years old and not even 100k yet), you will have so many maintenance bills it won't be funny." And I kinda knew the engines weren't great so this kinda nailed the coffin shut.

But, he did suggest spending an afternoon at a Carmax lot and sit in everything to figure out what I like so that was a good tip.

It's a painful process.  Just remember to pay attention to the things that matter to your comfort as well - pay attention to the seats and how well they fit you.  How do you feel about the dash/console layout, does it make sense for how your brain processes quick visuals, can you reach the cupholders..... you wouldn't think they would be a big deal, but those little inconveniences can really make a car annoying over time

Is the lift height low enough for the dog to jump into the back? Is there enough room to sleep in the back when camping? Important questions!

Lol, yeah, it's going to be interesting, driven this car for almost half my life.

Definitely, and yes, I did it, seats fold completely flat, so lots of room for sleeping!

Also, the kick-activated tailgate is..... surprisingly life-changing.  lol

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

WHAT?!

I also have Sens 1st on PP and 1st on PK on the same line... :/

Sucks, don't it?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

WHAT?!

Seconded 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Okay, Kat, so you obviously liked your Vue because you went back for seconds, how did the Escape compare?

And, TJ, if your wife like the Vue, what she drive after it and did she like it?

The Escape was just a bit easier of a drive - handled a bit better, and it was better suited to someone who is a bit vertically challenged.  The Vue was nice, and I liked it, but personally I always felt like it had a bit of that SUV "tippy" feeling on corners.  The Escape had it a bit as well, but not nearly as badly.

The safety features on the Escape are pretty amazing, and mine had the automatic parallel park which I LOVED.

Yeah, that tippy thing is a killer on compact SUVs. I don't feel it too much on my Vue so I think I'm okay as long as I don't go with a *higher* center of gravity. Gotta be honest though, "Ford Escape" wasn't even on the long list. So many SUVs today have that slope back rear that destroys all the cargo space in the back. But I definitely don't want a full size SUV.

The Subaru Forrester is cute, but the service manager today said, "If you drive a Subaru like you drive your Vue (19 years old and not even 100k yet), you will have so many maintenance bills it won't be funny." And I kinda knew the engines weren't great so this kinda nailed the coffin shut.

But, he did suggest spending an afternoon at a Carmax lot and sit in everything to figure out what I like so that was a good tip.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 611  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.