Net knocked off moorings.

-- Edited by Homer on Sunday 6th of March 2022 09:39:54 PM

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Hey, so I know I'm the only Yank here right now but, out of curiosity, how does it work in Canada when a medical issue means someone really shouldn't be driving? Do doctors have a duty to report to the DMV?

Or, hey, I could take the 0.2 seconds to Google: "Under California law, doctors are required to report anyone to the DMV who suffers from any medical or mental condition that may impact his/her ability to drive safely."

Family medical drama. Because there isn't enough going on in the world.

Similar in Ontario, "Under the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario physicians, optometrists and medical professionals are required by law to report any driver who may be suffering from a medical or physical condition."

I have three examples.

My dad was epileptic. Not the shaking seizure kind, but the zone out kind. He had a car accident back in the 80s as a result. Doctor didn't revoke his license, but be didn't drive after that.  At the time there wasn't really any other kind of ID to use. Ontario now has a Photo ID card if you don't have a license.  Many years later a doctor saw that he still had his license and was shocked. He had it revoked.  He had not driven in some 12-15 years.

Brother's mother in-law was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  They noticed a change in her when she came back from a trip visiting family in Australia and took her to a doctor who revoked her license.  She was mad and resented it. She has since passed. 

My mom had a stroke when she was 77. Licensed wasn't taken away, but she voluntarily gave it up driving as she didn't feel safe driving. Actually talked about this a few days ago.  She did drive to church (a couple miles) a few times, but one day she left and said she doesn't remember if she checked both sides before leaving the driveway.  She gave her keys up and said sell the car, I'm not driving again.  I don't want to cause an accident and hurt someone or worse. She'll be 85 in April definitely cannot drive these days, stoke has lead to dementia. She said it was partly due to the above example that she willingly stopped driving. My mom's care giver/best friend is out of town visiting family, so I moved to my mom's for a few weeks as she can't be alone for that long.  I did the same last summer.  

-- Edited by Homer on Sunday 6th of March 2022 09:29:59 PM

Homer, your parents had something extremely rare in people who are getting older. Self awareness and common sense 

which is more than I can say for most of the forum members.  

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Definite: 1st PP, score on PP

In question: Chuckie did something?; deviation?; WHAT?! ?

scored.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
 Homer, your parents had something extremely rare in people who are getting older. Self awareness and common sense 

Which makes one wonder where Homer came from? lol 

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Hey, so I know I'm the only Yank here right now but, out of curiosity, how does it work in Canada when a medical issue means someone really shouldn't be driving? Do doctors have a duty to report to the DMV?

Or, hey, I could take the 0.2 seconds to Google: "Under California law, doctors are required to report anyone to the DMV who suffers from any medical or mental condition that may impact his/her ability to drive safely."

Similar in Ontario, "Under the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario physicians, optometrists and medical professionals are required by law to report any driver who may be suffering from a medical or physical condition."

I have three examples.

My dad was epileptic. Not the shaking seizure kind, but the zone out kind. He had a car accident back in the 80s as a result. Doctor didn't revoke his license, but be didn't drive after that.  At the time there wasn't really any other kind of ID to use. Ontario now has a Photo ID card if you don't have a license.  Many years later a doctor saw that he still had his license and was shocked. He had it revoked.  He had not driven in some 12-15 years.

Brother's mother in-law was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  They noticed a change in her when she came back from a trip visiting family in Australia and took her to a doctor who revoked her license.  She was mad and resented it. She has since passed. 

My mom had a stroke when she was 77. Licensed wasn't taken away, but she voluntarily gave it up driving as she didn't feel safe driving. Actually talked about this a few days ago.  She did drive to church (a couple miles) a few times, but one day she left and said she doesn't remember if she checked both sides before leaving the driveway.  She gave her keys up and said sell the car, I'm not driving again.  I don't want to cause an accident and hurt someone or worse. She'll be 85 in April definitely cannot drive these days, stoke has lead to dementia. She said it was partly due to the above example that she willingly stopped driving. My mom's care giver/best friend is out of town visiting family, so I moved to my mom's for a few weeks as she can't be alone for that long.  I did the same last summer.  

Alumni
Date:

Homer, only in a Twilight Zone alternate reality would my dad handle it as well as *either* of your parents did. blankstare

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I have three examples.

Alumni
Date:

Definite: 1st PP, score on PP

In question: Chuckie did something?; deviation?; WHAT?! ?

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

PP goal, right?

Si señor.

Alumni
Date:

Okay, wait, so what can we dab based on THAT?!

Alumni
Date:

PP goal, right?

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:

I’m driving around yesterday, pull off 417 onto mtl. road...

local reference,

and I come upon about 15 trucks all decorated up for another freedumb rally. my blood just started to boil, considering that kids are being bombed in Ukraine.window down , many choice words yelled at them. Just astonishingly clueless. They don’t even know what theyre protesting anymore. 

I feel bad complaining about *work* being stressful right now, I can't imagine having such a lack of self-awareness and, you know, basic humanity, that I'd feel comfortable protesting anything right now.

Well, anything other than Russian assets in the US government, that should be protested.

I saw your US rally went well. I think they all got lost.  

I wasn't paying too close attention, but it barely made the national news so I assumed it was a bust. I'm on the ragged edge right now but I'm trying to catch at least the headline news via podcast right now. It's weird to think how non-instant the news was when we were kids. Now, I feel like the world could end and I wouldn't know.

there was more media than protestors, far more. 

These people are just plain idiots with too damn much time on their hands 

what happened to your convoy? i thought it would be yuge. after all, you have more rednecks than us, based on population. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Brady had no idea he was the one who scored

Chuckie doesn't know he did something

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Yikes 😱 Sounds just like my Mom - she had those mini strokes and always knew more than her doctors. 

I can only imagine the intake conversation when they asked my dad his covid vax status.

I had to stop a laugh there, my Mom would have never ever considered getting a vaccine even though she grew up in polio era 

The only reason my dad wasn't in DC on J6 is because he doesn't have Facebook. Full on maga idiot.

Confident Fan
Date:

Brady had no idea he was the one who scored

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:

My Mom was delusional insisted on driving finally had an accident and had her license taken away. She’s long passed away but it’s a real difficult situation because logic and evidence don’t work with them 

Sorry tj, I forgot you were here.

Apparently my dad (I'm estranged from my parents and they didn't tell my brother until after the fact), had severe "vertigo" for two weeks and went to a walk-in clinic. Nope, he had a stroke and spent two days in the hospital after killing brain cells for two weeks. He's *not* going to follow the treatment guidance and he possibly had a misdiagnosed stroke ~25 years ago (another bout of severe vertigo) so it's probably only a matter of time before he loses his license. I wouldn't put it past his to just drive without one.

Yikes 😱 Sounds just like my Mom - she had those mini strokes and always knew more than her doctors. 

I can only imagine the intake conversation when they asked my dad his covid vax status.

I had to stop a laugh there, my Mom would have never ever considered getting a vaccine even though she grew up in polio era 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:

My Mom was delusional insisted on driving finally had an accident and had her license taken away. She’s long passed away but it’s a real difficult situation because logic and evidence don’t work with them 

Sorry tj, I forgot you were here.

Apparently my dad (I'm estranged from my parents and they didn't tell my brother until after the fact), had severe "vertigo" for two weeks and went to a walk-in clinic. Nope, he had a stroke and spent two days in the hospital after killing brain cells for two weeks. He's *not* going to follow the treatment guidance and he possibly had a misdiagnosed stroke ~25 years ago (another bout of severe vertigo) so it's probably only a matter of time before he loses his license. I wouldn't put it past his to just drive without one.

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Well, somebody just scored…wonder which game it was?

Well, huh. Ducks notifications are ahead, Sens notifications are behind.

But…dabs!

I’m watching both and missed the Sharks G to make it 2-1 - Sharks just need to tank to be honest 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:

I’m driving around yesterday, pull off 417 onto mtl. road...

local reference,

and I come upon about 15 trucks all decorated up for another freedumb rally. my blood just started to boil, considering that kids are being bombed in Ukraine.window down , many choice words yelled at them. Just astonishingly clueless. They don’t even know what theyre protesting anymore. 

I feel bad complaining about *work* being stressful right now, I can't imagine having such a lack of self-awareness and, you know, basic humanity, that I'd feel comfortable protesting anything right now.

Well, anything other than Russian assets in the US government, that should be protested.

I saw your US rally went well. I think they all got lost.  

I wasn't paying too close attention, but it barely made the national news so I assumed it was a bust. I'm on the ragged edge right now but I'm trying to catch at least the headline news via podcast right now. It's weird to think how non-instant the news was when we were kids. Now, I feel like the world could end and I wouldn't know.

there was more media than protestors, far more. 

These people are just plain idiots with too damn much time on their hands 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Well, somebody just scored…wonder which game it was?

Well, huh. Ducks notifications are ahead, Sens notifications are behind.

But…dabs!

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.