Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 52 - Sens @ Bolts, Sat Feb 26, 7:00pm

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I'm jealous, you guys still call your science-fiction channel "sci-fi". We call ours "syfy".

It used to be called Space: The Imagination Station

Oh man... that's going back awhile

Not that long ago.  Only about 6 months before covid lockdowns.

On June 7, 2018, it was announced that Space would be rebranded as "CTV Sci-Fi", as part of a re-alignment of several Bell Media specialty channels under the CTV brand.[6] The following year, it was revealed the channel would instead rebrand as CTV Sci-Fi Channel on September 12, 2019

I feel like they dropped the "Imagination Station" part before that though

Actually, yeah, I think Kat is on to something. "Space" by itself sounds familiar (torrenting gets you a lot of Canadian broadcasts…or so I've heard) , but the Imagination part I don't think I've ever heard.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I'm jealous, you guys still call your science-fiction channel "sci-fi". We call ours "syfy".

On June 7, 2018, it was announced that Space would be rebranded as "CTV Sci-Fi", as part of a re-alignment of several Bell Media specialty channels under the CTV brand.[6] The following year, it was revealed the channel would instead rebrand as CTV Sci-Fi Channel on September 12, 2019

yeah, those two sentences contradict each other. lol

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I feel like they dropped the "Imagination Station" part before that though

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

grumpiness abounds

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

damn russians!

I wonder if StooLi still has his jersey.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

5-2..... eep

Murray looked screened on that one.

Alumni
Date:

damn russians!

Jedi Master
Date:

5-2..... eep

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Evening all. It seems we started well but the flu is catching up with the team. Fun fact: GP in February for TBL was 5 and OTT was 12.

How did they only have five…oh, wait, they just had their regular olympic break, didn't they?

Alumni
Date:

Thanks for the Canadian Fun Facts Kat/Homer.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I missed the intro, is there a large Ukrainian contingent in WPG or they just happen to have a Ukrainian choir apropos of nothing?

Outside of Ukraine and Russia, Canada has the largest Ukrainian population (ancestry and immigrants) in the world.  About 1.4 million. Canada has a population of about 38M .

Ottawa has an annual Ukrainian Festival. I know someone who dances at it. A couple summers ago it was in a bad heat wave and they had to drink a lot of water.  Didn't wear the make-up though, it would have melted off into their eyes.

Ottawa facts with Homer. 

Alumni
Date:

Thanks for the card update Kat.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

I missed the intro, is there a large Ukrainian contingent in WPG or they just happen to have a Ukrainian choir apropos of nothing?

Outside of Ukraine and Russia, Canada has the largest Ukrainian population (ancestry and immigrants) in the world.  About 1.4 million. Canada has a population of about 38M .

Ottawa has an annual Ukrainian Festival. I know someone who dances at it. A couple summers ago it was in a bad heat wave and they had to drink a lot of water.  Didn't wear the make-up though, it would have melted off into their eyes.

Alumni
Date:

Ovi was asked about Putin and Ukraine in a press conference. A non-verbatim summary of his response is “he is my president, but I’m a hockey player not someone in politics.”

Jedi Master
Date:

Evening Kards

here is your kard

Alumni
Date:

Evening all. It seems we started well but the flu is catching up with the team. Fun fact: GP in February for TBL was 5 and OTT was 12.

«First  <  1 2 3 49  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.