Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:

We need a court injunction to stop all this pinging noise in Ottawa.

Because the other court injunction to stop noise was so effective? 

(Actually I don't know, was it? I just assumed it was as effective as the no-gas blockade.)

They arrested an old man in his 80's today for not complying with the injunction. 

If the Sens had their arena at the flats I wonder if the games would have gotten canceled.

I think they have been obeying it, mostly. old dude got caught up in it but serves him right for supporting them.  

Probably figured I'm an old man, they won't do anything, and if they do, it'll get recorded and we'll use it against them.  That's exactly what they did.

City is also looking at seeing if Children's Aid Societie can do anything.  They brought in kids to act as human shields against a counter protest and police action. Kids in the middle of all this noise and truck pollution all day. 

WTABSOLUTEF—K is going up there?!?! This can’t be happening 

Words from the councilor who's ward is most affected by this. They've (they pronoun) been pleading with the mayor and police to request outside help. Organizing community safe walks in groups.  Boots on the ground, speaking with truckers about the class action suit that if they leave, they'll be left out of it. Getting help to residents of her ward who fear going out to get groceries.

The mayor has been pretty much useless.  There's an election coming up on October.  The mayor isn't running again and this councilor is running for mayor.  This is the passion we'll get every day if they get elected.  I've met them a few times at community events, they're the real deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6CfY_IKVw&t=12650

They’d get my vote 🗳 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Off of Pesce into the meshy?

And Stepan steps back on. 

I think Gord was sampling the good stuff during intermission.

Alumni
Date:

Are there any ex sens in the canes?

Alumni
Date:

Oops, my bad?

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Was the goalie screened on any of the goals?

I, too, have this question.

But I don't think so.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I, too, have this question.

Alumni
Date:

Off of Pesce into the meshy?

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm moving in a few weeks Russell, so once I'm into the new space and see exactly how much room I have, I'll probably order some new stuff from you.

You're moving? I thought you were in a relatively new space already. Have I lost all grip on the passage of time??

And...you're moving with a bum hand? Were I not 3000+ miles away, I'd come over to help.

So you have probably missed the years of detail.... lol.  I actually bought this house 5 years ago. Lived here for a year and a half, went to Calgary for 2 and rented it out, then came back to the house.  Now I've decided that condo/apartment living is more my speed, so I'm selling the house and moving into a rental for now.

And yep, moving with a screwed up hand is NOT fun.  Booked movers with partial packing service included so whatever I can't manage to do, they will do for me.  Worth it.

Ah, okay. I was probably thinking the timeline was more like you bought when you got back from Calgary. Good luck with everything!

Thanks!  I'm looking forward to not having to mow my lawn this summer.

*he says with some trepidation *....twss?

HA!

But hey, when you are single....

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm moving in a few weeks Russell, so once I'm into the new space and see exactly how much room I have, I'll probably order some new stuff from you.

You're moving? I thought you were in a relatively new space already. Have I lost all grip on the passage of time??

And...you're moving with a bum hand? Were I not 3000+ miles away, I'd come over to help.

So you have probably missed the years of detail.... lol.  I actually bought this house 5 years ago. Lived here for a year and a half, went to Calgary for 2 and rented it out, then came back to the house.  Now I've decided that condo/apartment living is more my speed, so I'm selling the house and moving into a rental for now.

And yep, moving with a screwed up hand is NOT fun.  Booked movers with partial packing service included so whatever I can't manage to do, they will do for me.  Worth it.

Ah, okay. I was probably thinking the timeline was more like you bought when you got back from Calgary. Good luck with everything!

HA!

...life is so much easier.

Exactly!

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

HA!

...life is so much easier.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

That's a cat tree!

Staying in the Kingston area or cashing out?  Heard the housing market in Kingston went up higher than an other in Canada.

Staying here, not buying again for now, prices are STUPID. I'll make a nice profit on the house, dump that into my retirement fund, and rent.  Less hassle, and if the market comes back down to earth in a few years I'll think about buying again.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

He actually went there.

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

HA!

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

That's a cat tree!

Staying in the Kingston area or cashing out?  Heard the housing market in Kingston went up higher than an other in Canada.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I know a guy. 

Just need to figure out what I can fit in - the old cat needs stuff she doesn't need to jump onto, and the other one LOVES to climb, so I'll definitely have a browse through the options again soon!

Lol, my puppy hasn't figured out how to use her hind legs yet. My first dog only lasted a few days in the x-pen, she figured out how to scale the walls at 8 weeks and 1 day, before moving into a jumbo crate. Current puppy can get her front paws and whole head over the top of the x-pen when fully stretched...but hasn't figured out that if she puts her back paw on the cross bars she's home free.

I'm going to be in trouble when she figures that out.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

You have a bum-hand? That must be very awkward when you meet someone and go to shake. 

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 611  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.