Date:
RE: NHL Draft

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Tyler Boucher who was slated to be taken way later in the first

Check that 45th in the 2nd round on this mock I’m looking at 

He looked stunned to have gotten picked so early. Reaction was more of WHAT? vs a YEAH!

In a sentence, Boucher projects as a bottom-six NHL winger who will be one of the most physical players in a game. This from Corey Pronman at The Athletic 

I don’t about anyone else but I expect just a bit better from a top 10 pick 🤷🏼‍♂️

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

So when players react at home, is there someone (neutral) with multiple jerseys in a bag?

There was one family with about 8 different hats laid out on the coffee table. FedEx from NHL with 31 hats and jerseys with a note, "Please only remove the tags from the apparel of the team that drafts you." 

that's funny. and probably true. 

The Senators take WHO????

Tyler Boucher: "Who just picked me?  TSN had me ranked at 29."

was he really ranked that low?

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

He looked stunned to have gotten picked so early. Reaction was more of WHAT? vs a YEAH!

In a sentence, Boucher projects as a bottom-six NHL winger who will be one of the most physical players in a game. This from Corey Pronman at The Athletic 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Dear friends/family viewing parties for those not yet drafted, please take a moment to adjust your webcam lest you decapitate yourselves when you stand up.

-- Edited by Cathy on Friday 23rd of July 2021 09:26:26 PM

That said, I hope there isn't a viewing party at a certain Canadian MP's house. 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy, do you feel old when these kids are getting drafted who's dads you remember playing have been retired for a number of years?

Alumni
Date:

Dear friends/family viewing parties for those not yet drafted, please take a moment to adjust your webcam lest you decapitate yourselves when you stand up.

-- Edited by Cathy on Friday 23rd of July 2021 09:26:26 PM

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

So when players react at home, is there someone (neutral) with multiple jerseys in a bag?

There was one family with about 8 different hats laid out on the coffee table. FedEx from NHL with 31 hats and jerseys with a note, "Please only remove the tags from the apparel of the team that drafts you." 

Literally coulda moved back, I thought Sillinger would go here 🤷🏼‍♂️

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

drum rollllllllllllll

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Not gonna lie, with the exponential growth in Covid cases over the last few days these un-masked, crowded, indoor gatherings are making me anxious.

Alumni
Date:

I know *all* these guys are young, but Luke Hughes looks like a tall jr high student.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Me: Why the hell is my phone blowing up with ESPN alerts?

Me, 2 minutes later after another alert: Oh, the draft!

Me, another 2 minutes later when I remember that it's all ESPN all the time and I don't have that channel: Yeah, this is gonna suck.

Choices are NHL draft, replay of Olympic opening ceremonies on CBC or Olympic men's volleyball on TSN.

-- Edited by Homer on Friday 23rd of July 2021 08:43:57 PM

Alumni
Date:

Me: Why the hell is my phone blowing up with ESPN alerts?

Me, 2 minutes later after another alert: Oh, the draft!

Me, another 2 minutes later when I remember that it's all ESPN all the time and I don't have that channel: Yeah, this is gonna suck.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.