Confident Fan
Date:
RE: NHL Draft

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

MTL going with a...bold choice.

OMG!!! That’s terrible, after his awful way of treating women and he’s rewarded with being picked in the first round?!?!? The NHL is one weird league on matters of sexual malfeasance

I was glad that I stopped paying attention before this pick last night.  I am losing so much hope for this league..... at least there was a significant amount of media backlash, but the statement released by the Habs was.... less than reassuring.

at least he's going to a team that doesn't have a lot of fan or media scrutiny.

Yeah, it rightfully ain’t going away  

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

OMG!!! That’s terrible, after his awful way of treating women and he’s rewarded with being picked in the first round?!?!? The NHL is one weird league on matters of sexual malfeasance

I was glad that I stopped paying attention before this pick last night.  I am losing so much hope for this league..... at least there was a significant amount of media backlash, but the statement released by the Habs was.... less than reassuring.

Some young men and older men can be awful pigs, what he did was so disgusting and disrespectful. Beyond my comprehension. You’d like to believe the men running the Habs would be more discerning but they are aren’t. Bergevin is now involved in both controversies. What does that say about him?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

at least he's going to a team that doesn't have a lot of fan or media scrutiny.

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

lol, you can’t make this stuff up. From Steve Kournianos a draft guy

74. Sens take LW Oliver Johansson (7/26/03) from Timra. Never heard of him. My J20 spread sheet has him playing three games for Timra with 1 goal and three shots. Literally never saw him play so I guess i have a homework assignment. Thanks, Sens

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Zack Ostapchuk a Center w 15 points in 22 games for Vancouver Giants. NHL Network guys say 2 picks that were off the board for us 8 picks in to today’s draft. Seattle and Ottawa are the clubs who they are referring to as taking reaches in their opinion

Zach was ranked #130 and taken at 39, not much of a difference 

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Zack Ostapchuk a Center w 15 points in 22 games for Vancouver Giants. NHL Network guys say 2 picks that were off the board for us 8 picks in to today’s draft. Seattle and Ottawa are the clubs who they are referring to as taking reaches in their opinion

Grant McCagg a Habs fan and Draft guy says this:

Ottawa picks my first "sleeper"...Ostapchuk.  I like it.  They are going to be hard to handle down the road....a bunch of huge forwards with skill.

Ben Roger RDman 6’4” 200 pounds is other 2nd rounder, 1 year ago today he weighed 165. He ate 6 meals a day and worked out twice a day they say on NHL Network. Ranked #101 and taken at 49 🤷🏼‍♂️

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Grant McCagg a Habs fan and Draft guy says this:

Ottawa picks my first "sleeper"...Ostapchuk.  I like it.  They are going to be hard to handle down the road....a bunch of huge forwards with skill.

Confident Fan
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

All I have to say about the Sens draft pick is Dorion is an idiot.

lol, I’ll just say he didn’t get the expected talent that was available at #10. Reminds me of Brian Lee at #9 and spittin on Mark Staal 

He could have traded down and still get him. 

Sure seems that way, front office says they had info he was going sooner. Who knows 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

lol, I’ll just say he didn’t get the expected talent that was available at #10. Reminds me of Brian Lee at #9 and spittin on Mark Staal 

He could have traded down and still get him. 

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

G'night folks, been a pleasure. I'll drop into the Olympics thread as the mood strikes. smile

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Homer wrote:

Cathy, do you feel old when these kids are getting drafted who's dads you remember playing have been retired for a number of years?

You missed this milestone of feeling old. 

Huh, I missed a small chunk of posts around that. And why did you choose to call *me* out in that question? I definitely don't think I'm the oldest here!

you were active in the thread at the time. 

evileye I guess I'm gonna have to trust you on that.

At least I have some time before seeing a drafted son of a father I saw drafted!

Wait til you start seeing the grand kids being drafted.

I hope I have a newer car by then.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Well 1st is over, I love what Seattle and SanJose did at 2 and 7 and really think Ottawa blew it as far as valuing a 10th overall pick. I was wrong on Pinto and really hated Kleven pick as far as value in 2nd round and trading up for him. Boucher on a daily Senators podcast was #55 of 8 services who rate Prospects. He was from 40 to 80 and all in between. That’s what I talk about as far as taking advantage of value.

"At least we didn't pick as bad as MTL" is really not the tagline you want for the 2021 draft. :-/

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Homer wrote:

Cathy, do you feel old when these kids are getting drafted who's dads you remember playing have been retired for a number of years?

You missed this milestone of feeling old. 

Huh, I missed a small chunk of posts around that. And why did you choose to call *me* out in that question? I definitely don't think I'm the oldest here!

you were active in the thread at the time. 

evileye I guess I'm gonna have to trust you on that.

At least I have some time before seeing a drafted son of a father I saw drafted!

Wait til you start seeing the grand kids being drafted.

Confident Fan
Date:

Well 1st is over, I love what Seattle and SanJose did at 2 and 7 and really think Ottawa blew it as far as valuing a 10th overall pick. I was wrong on Pinto and really hated Kleven pick as far as value in 2nd round and trading up for him. Boucher on a daily Senators podcast was #55 of 8 services who rate Prospects. He was from 40 to 80 and all in between. That’s what I talk about as far as taking advantage of value.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I just tweeted to the effect of "MTL better have the mother of all press releases RIGHT NOW to explain this decision."

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:

1 2 35  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.