Remember Me  

Topic: Golden Knights @ Habs - Game 6 - Thursday June 24, 8:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Golden Knights @ Habs - Game 6 - Thursday June 24, 8:00pm

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

If someone scored an EN goal in the first/last minute of OT, I get a Bingo. 

Or, Goal post and in that gets reviewed, but only after a goal was disallowed.  

I dabbed the lol, because I (and the NBC team) thought the Lehner bluff was funny. With that, post and in is a bingo.

I don't see anything funny on my card. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm sticking it out for now - I'm not sure I will be sleeping much tonight anyway

Wow, you really *are* anxious. You're gonna rock it, girl!

Yeah, I'm less worried about the new place, and more so having the "omg, what if leaving is a mistake" thoughts.

Although..... so yesterday, new place calls to say "any chance you can start earlier than planned?  Like next week?"

I said no, that I have made plans for my time off (only partly true, but dammit, I need a break).  So then he says "well what about today?  Are you busy today?"  I responded that yes, I'm still working at the current place, so..... to which he says "yes, but do they have  you busy?"  um.  distinct lack of professional boundaries there.

then in that same conversation I asked about how they are going to get me a laptop and stuff..... where he tells me that they aren't providing one, I have to do that myself.  Ummmmm....

eesh... asking you to do work for them while you're still working for the other company is a big conflict of interest.

Asking to start earlier after you're done the other place is different and can see happening, but they also have to respect your timeline too. 

Provide your own laptop?  Are you a self employed consultant/contractor or employee?  Will you be accessing company network and email with a personal computer or is it something you can expense? 

If personal computer, that would odd these days for security implications and information leakage.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

And I got my second jab today so I'm going rioting!

in 2 weeks

Unless he goes out right now, he's probably not gonna feel like it later.

yeah, I'll realize it takes a lot of effort and just forget about it.  

I forget, did you get a bad reaction from #1? And am I misremembering or did you supplement #1 with alcohol??

I plead the fifth.  

There was this one time when hosting a podcast... 

Fake news.  

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm sticking it out for now - I'm not sure I will be sleeping much tonight anyway

Yeah, I'm less worried about the new place, and more so having the "omg, what if leaving is a mistake" thoughts.

Although..... so yesterday, new place calls to say "any chance you can start earlier than planned?  Like next week?"

I said no, that I have made plans for my time off (only partly true, but dammit, I need a break).  So then he says "well what about today?  Are you busy today?"  I responded that yes, I'm still working at the current place, so..... to which he says "yes, but do they have  you busy?"  um.  distinct lack of professional boundaries there.

then in that same conversation I asked about how they are going to get me a laptop and stuff..... where he tells me that they aren't providing one, I have to do that myself.  Ummmmm....

Ooooohhhhh, hmm, yeah, I'd be a little anxious too after that. I'm not helping, am I? blankstare

nah, it's ok - it definitely set off a few alarm bells.  Like... maybe it's one of those "better the devil you know" situations.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Ooooohhhhh, hmm, yeah, I'd be a little anxious too after that. I'm not helping, am I? blankstare

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Visitors outshoot in 3rd
game tied after 3 - OT

And here I thought there were no more squares for me NOT to have.

Of course Vegas out shoots Montreal in 3rd. Pretty well kills any chance of a bingo.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

I need a one-timer goal.  Or the net to be knocked off and then an EN goal.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

I dabbed the lol, because I (and the NBC team) thought the Lehner bluff was funny. With that, post and in is a bingo.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Visitors outshoot in 3rd
game tied after 3 - OT

And here I thought there were no more squares for me NOT to have.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Y'all going to bed or staying up?

I'll stay up for 1 period, only working 1/2 day tomorrow.

Jedi Master
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Visitors outshoot in 3rd
game tied after 3 - OT

Alumni
Date:

Y'all going to bed or staying up?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

On a call today with a colleague (employee at the client) who lives in just across the border in Gatineau.

Went to the store this morning to get coffee and thought "Why is the store closed? Oh yeah, it's Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day." Working from home messed up what day it was. 

He ended up working it and will take the Civic Holiday in August instead. 

For some background Cathy, Ontario and Quebec have slightly different stat holidays. They get June 24th and we get 1st Monday in August. They get Easter Monday, we get Good Friday. (some places of employment get both).

Lol, the Easter split is...odd.

And, accordingly to Wikipedia, SJB Day is celebrated by "...and French Canadians across Canada and the United States." So if I hear any fireworks tonight, I'll know what it is.

I'm French Canadian from Ontario and never celebrated it.  It's really a Quebec thing.

A Quebec and Kat's neighbors thing.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

in 2 weeks

I forget, did you get a bad reaction from #1? And am I misremembering or did you supplement #1 with alcohol??

I plead the fifth.  

There was this one time when hosting a podcast... 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

in 2 weeks

I plead the fifth.  

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

On a call today with a colleague (employee at the client) who lives in just across the border in Gatineau.

Went to the store this morning to get coffee and thought "Why is the store closed? Oh yeah, it's Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day." Working from home messed up what day it was. 

He ended up working it and will take the Civic Holiday in August instead. 

For some background Cathy, Ontario and Quebec have slightly different stat holidays. They get June 24th and we get 1st Monday in August. They get Easter Monday, we get Good Friday. (some places of employment get both).

Lol, the Easter split is...odd.

And, accordingly to Wikipedia, SJB Day is celebrated by "...and French Canadians across Canada and the United States." So if I hear any fireworks tonight, I'll know what it is.

I'm French Canadian from Ontario and never celebrated it.  It's really a Quebec thing.

«First  <  1 2 3 48  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.