Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Jets @ Habs - Game 3 - Sun Jun 6, 6:00pm

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Okay, really stupid question, why is it called the Bell Centre when it's written Centre Bell?

Bell Centre = English

Centre Bell = French

And French grammar puts the modifier after the noun? So in a sentence it would, directly translated, look something like "the center which is Bell"?

I didn't know that structure applied to proper nouns too. Learn something new today? Check. I can be brain dead the rest of the day without shame. :)

lol.  Yes, more or less.  So where we would say "Montreal's Team", in French it's "l'equipe de Montreal"

speaking of, home team scores first

l'équipe à domicile compte premier. 

I should convert the bingo card to French to mess everyone. lol

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Okay, really stupid question, why is it called the Bell Centre when it's written Centre Bell?

Bell Centre = English

Centre Bell = French

And French grammar puts the modifier after the noun? So in a sentence it would, directly translated, look something like "the center which is Bell"?

I didn't know that structure applied to proper nouns too. Learn something new today? Check. I can be brain dead the rest of the day without shame. :)

lol.  Yes, more or less.  So where we would say "Montreal's Team", in French it's "l'equipe de Montreal"

speaking of, home team scores first

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Bell Centre = English

Centre Bell = French

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Bell Centre = English

Centre Bell = French

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Hot and humid in Ottawa today. 32 degrees C and 38 with humidity.  It's expected to last a few more days. 

Air quality advisory here today, so I've been stuck in the house all day, but it's currently 27 feels like 33 where I am.  This much heat this early in the summer has me worried about what August is going to feel like!

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Hot and humid in Ottawa today. 32 degrees C and 38 with humidity.  It's expected to last a few more days. 

I almost, *almost*, started to type the RH humidity into a calculator to convert it.

21C and cloudy in SoCal. 

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

😱

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Lots of fans there, so great to see that 

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

My card

Jedi Master
Date:

my card

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:
Homer wrote:

OVERTIME!  Wait! That's for another game.  3 on 3 until someone scores. 

Nick Paul with the golden goal from Connor Brown.  current Sens gets point?  DAB

Those 2 have some real chemistry on the ice, looked like a Sens shorthanded breakaway on that goal 🥅 

Shouldn‘t forget Jacob Bernard-Docker on that Gold winning 🥇 team too 🇨🇦

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
Homer wrote:

Nick Paul with the golden goal from Connor Brown.  current Sens gets point?  DAB

Those 2 have some real chemistry on the ice, looked like a Sens shorthanded breakaway on that goal 🥅 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

My card but not sure I will be around for first part of game: http://www.focusring.ca/playoffbingo/Rnd2/BingoRnd2.html?board=XZYuEMrFapfGnUItOqRWQiNl&scored=4096&bname=senior

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

I hope SD doesn't live in this neighbourhood

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/cement-sewer-backup-1.6052853

Alumni
Date:

Will this be a playoff game or another extended regular season game?

My game 3 card

Round 2 Playoff Bingo

«First  <  14 5 6 | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.