Remember Me  

Topic: Vegas - Wild Thread

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Vegas - Wild Thread

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

talk about emphasizing how weird the last couple of years have been. Studio guys said "defending cup champions start their defense of it tonight"

My brain spent a bunch of time churning trying to figure out who won last year. Then once I realized that nobody won it last year..... I couldn't for the life of me remember who won it in 2019.

Umm.... 

wait.  Never mind.  Wow.  I'm clearly not awake today.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

talk about emphasizing how weird the last couple of years have been. Studio guys said "defending cup champions start their defense of it tonight"

My brain spent a bunch of time churning trying to figure out who won last year. Then once I realized that nobody won it last year..... I couldn't for the life of me remember who won it in 2019.

Umm.... 

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it (much easier to think when there's only one of everything, not two!), we really don't need to eliminate the easy dabs if we add in more difficult dabs and increase the overall square total.

Hard to get 40+ different things, but how about this so slant the cards towards the home team a bit more?   

"Home Team leads after 1",

"Game tied after 1 (not 0-0 score)",

"Home Team leads after 2",

"Game tied after 2",  (could be 0-0, doesn't happen too often)

"Goal free period (not 0-0 score)",

"Home team beat the icing",

"Net knocked off moorings",

"Thorny player being thorny",

"Penalty called while one being served",  (5 on 3 or 4-4 for remainder of 1st pen)

"LOL that was funny (game incident)",

'Remove "one goal game" and not replaced 

Generic "beat the icing" might be easier, but otherwise looks good. I've got two relatively naked cards right now though so adding more difficulty could really give us feast-or-famine bingo.

I want to re-dab yesterday's game with these squares, Andy swallowed by net = double dab.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

visiting team outshoots in the 2nd

Apparently home team hit a post in the 1st. 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it (much easier to think when there's only one of everything, not two!), we really don't need to eliminate the easy dabs if we add in more difficult dabs and increase the overall square total.

Hard to get 40+ different things, but how about this so slant the cards towards the home team a bit more?   

"Home Team leads after 1",

"Game tied after 1 (not 0-0 score)",

"Home Team leads after 2",

"Game tied after 2",  (could be 0-0, doesn't happen too often)

"Goal free period (not 0-0 score)",

"Home team beat the icing",

"Net knocked off moorings",

"Thorny player being thorny",

"Penalty called while one being served",  (5 on 3 or 4-4 for remainder of 1st pen)

"LOL that was funny (game incident)",

'Remove "one goal game" and not replaced

Jedi Master
Date:

visiting team outshoots in the 2nd

Alumni
Date:

There's a fine line between "Amazing {something}!" and "What the hell was that?"

Alumni
Date:

Lemaire hockey on full display with the Wild.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

True.  But at the same time, it gets hard to keep track of the options after awhile

Pfft, you missed my earlier post...I'm taking the list of squares and going all #DataScience on them, tagging them by scenario. By Game 7 of the Finals, I will have this LOCKED. 

Jedi Master
Date:

lol..... there's a square option. "Put your damn mask on!"

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

True.  But at the same time, it gets hard to keep track of the options after awhile

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Can we come up with a generic version of "McDavid does something McDavitty"? Or how about a "pest being a pest" square?

We do have the Amazing Goal and also Amazing assist, which can count as a "McDavid does something McDavitty"

Maybe add a "Chuckie would be impressed" or "Chuckie is taking notes".

"Chuckie is jealous"

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I know we've gone around on it, but maybe we should put Fight back in

If only to block potential bingos at this point.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Can we come up with a generic version of "McDavid does something McDavitty"? Or how about a "pest being a pest" square?

We do have the Amazing Goal and also Amazing assist, which can count as a "McDavid does something McDavitty"

Maybe add a "Chuckie would be impressed" or "Chuckie is taking notes".

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

"Player meets/exceeds his stereotype" 

Jedi Master
Date:

Nice save Fluery!

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Double minor square?

I was thinking about that one. 

Would be when it results in 4 min PP and not one player gets 4 and player on other team gets 2?

Hmm, are there a lot of double-roughings in playoffs? But I guess 4min PP pretty much conveys the same intent. And, just so we're clear on the semantics, 4min PP **assessed**. evileye

Jedi Master
Date:

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.