Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Game 55 - Sens @ Flames - Sun May 9th, 8:00pm

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Is Real estate crazy up you’re way? All of you if u aren’t in Ottawa. I know SoCal is crazy high

Crazy. Worse than lumber.

We had to buy plywood for our garage and the contractor had one heck of a time even finding it

getting wood has never been harder. 

Not touching that with an 8' 2x4. Not that I could afford one. 

😂😂😂

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Is Real estate crazy up you’re way? All of you if u aren’t in Ottawa. I know SoCal is crazy high

We had to buy plywood for our garage and the contractor had one heck of a time even finding it

Saw a comment on reddit, I think, regarding the poor jobs numbers for April..."a 2x4 is $8, can you imagine working an hour at minimum wage to buy ONE 2x4?!"

I’m sure you know the jobs numbers are poor because of unemployment payments that are extended till September. It’s a pay cut to go to work for lots of people 

i heard that a ton of people left Cali when they lost their jobs cuz it so expensive, and its hard to find staff now for places re-opening. 

Exactly, that’s going on lots of big cities especially in service industries 

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Saw a comment on reddit, I think, regarding the poor jobs numbers for April..."a 2x4 is $8, can you imagine working an hour at minimum wage to buy ONE 2x4?!"

You guys still have $8/hour minimum wage?  geez

Federal minimum wage is $7.25, HCOL areas are closer to $10 with some cities at $15.

Wow.  Minimum wage is set provincially here.  Lowest is Saskatchewan at $11.45, highest is Nunavut at $16.00, but they don't really count because of their size and location.... so highest of the major locations is Alberta at $15

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

I’m sure you know the jobs numbers are poor because of unemployment payments that are extended till September. It’s a pay cut to go to work for lots of people 

i heard that a ton of people left Cali when they lost their jobs cuz it so expensive, and its hard to find staff now for places re-opening. 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Not touching that with an 8' 2x4. Not that I could afford one. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Gus gets an assist just by coming in. 

Protect Gus from the Kraken, leave White Zaitsev Dadonov and Murray unprotected and see if they are snatched 

they won't take any of those guys, with their contracts.  they'll probably take Daccord. 

That’s what I’d do but there are going to be lots of decent G’s available

Alumni
Date:

Forsberg: "Sure, NOW they start skating."

Jedi Master
Date:

outshot in the 2nd

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Federal minimum wage is $7.25, HCOL areas are closer to $10 with some cities at $15.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

In case you haven't noticed.  Sens get the 1st PP. lol

holy hell.  Didn't even occur to me this late in the game.

Alumni
Date:

In case you haven't noticed.  Sens get the 1st PP. lol

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Yep.  Bought my current place in 2017.  4 years later, it has almost doubled in value.  

Don't even look at prices in the GTA or GVA.

It's nuts, but you're no further ahead if you have to buy elsewhere.

New couple with each a house cashing one out would be in a pretty good position.  Or if you move some place where it's much cheaper.  

I was debating cashing out, dumping the profit in my RRSP, and renting a condo.  Sure, this place will probably be worth even more in a few years, but....

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

really? how small IS your garage? 

It is detached and it was built for an RV, its huge 

TWH lied 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Yep.  Bought my current place in 2017.  4 years later, it has almost doubled in value.  

Don't even look at prices in the GTA or GVA.

It's nuts, but you're no further ahead if you have to buy elsewhere.

New couple with each a house cashing one out would be in a pretty good position.  Or if you move some place where it's much cheaper.  

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

It is detached and it was built for an RV, its huge 

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 69  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.