Members Login
 

Topic: Game 41 - Oilers @ Sens - Thu Apr 8, 7:00pm

Post Info
Confident Fan
Status: Offline
Posts: 14473
Date:
RE: Game 41 - Oilers @ Sens - Thu Apr 8, 7:00pm
Permalink  
 

Russell wrote:
Russell wrote:

who would have thunk that Smith would be the one to win this game for EDM, instead of the other 2?


 Maybe they were just exhausted from scoring all those goals against Ottawa in past games. 


 “If it was so easy, why didn’t everybody do it?” — Dave Tippett, on beating Ottawa nine times.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 13698
Date:
Permalink  
 
Russell wrote:

who would have thunk that Smith would be the one to win this game for EDM, instead of the other 2?


 Maybe they were just exhausted from scoring all those goals against Ottawa in past games. 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 13698
Date:
Permalink  
 

Final card. 

 

http://www.focusring.ca/bingo/SensBingo.html?board=itrQfDgZKTdNPeBCSqjIVkJl&scored=3838161&bname=NaughtyBits

 

 



Pie Connoisseur
Status: Offline
Posts: 6998
Date:
Permalink  
 

Lots of dabs, no cigar:   http://www.focusring.ca/bingo/SensBingo.html?board=hLPkSKQHMAVFafZjTtXbIcDU&scored=3609738&bname=senior



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12412
Date:
Permalink  
 

My final card



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 13698
Date:
Permalink  
 

who would have thunk that Smith would be the one to win this game for EDM, instead of the other 2?



Jedi Master
Status: Offline
Posts: 19531
Date:
Permalink  
 

My final card



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 2430
Date:
Permalink  
 
Homer wrote:
senior wrote:

Shots 39-22. Last night they were out shot by a mile.


 Sens outshoot in all periods, but still lose. 


That's just not fair! 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12412
Date:
Permalink  
 
senior wrote:

Shots 39-22. Last night they were out shot by a mile.


 Sens outshoot in all periods, but still lose. 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 13698
Date:
Permalink  
 
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

Just spotted this on Twitter. Great question, and no bad answer. 

 

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1380209593318531073


 I was thinking about that the other day.  Imagine McDavid/Draisaitl playing in the high flying 80s.


 But you have to consider that they would not be the super-athletes they are right now if they were in that era. Also, The 80's guys would be who they were but at incredibly higher levels of fitness and training. Hard to imaging Lemieux or Gretzky if they had the advantages of today's technologies and training methods. 


Yep, that's absolutely the X factor. But McDavid and Draisaitl jump in the TARDIS and get dropped, as is, into a "pizza during intermission" game would be fascinating to see.


for sure, drop those two guys, as is,  into an 80's game, it would be hilarious. same with Crosby and Malkin, matthews and Marner. 


 while we are talking hilarious options..... drop Zdeno Chara in his prime into a game from that era


 lol



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 2430
Date:
Permalink  
 

My final card

 

I expected a MUCH higher scoring game, figured fatigue of B2B would lead to some sloppy goals.



-- Edited by Cathy on Thursday 8th of April 2021 09:28:30 PM

Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12412
Date:
Permalink  
 

Sens pulled goalie with about 2:30 left.  Oilers score EN with just under 10 to go. 



Jedi Master
Status: Offline
Posts: 19531
Date:
Permalink  
 
empty net goal in the last minute

Jedi Master
Status: Offline
Posts: 19531
Date:
Permalink  
 
empty net

Pie Connoisseur
Status: Offline
Posts: 6998
Date:
Permalink  
 

Shots 39-22. Last night they were out shot by a mile.



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 2430
Date:
Permalink  
 
Kardinal wrote:

Crudite platter: a plate of useless food to munch on while waiting for meat. :p


Not completely useless, it's a good vehicle for ranch dressing.

4:00pm puck drop, on a workday, is just not well suited for meat preparation. 



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 12412
Date:
Permalink  
 
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

Just spotted this on Twitter. Great question, and no bad answer. 

 

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1380209593318531073


 I was thinking about that the other day.  Imagine McDavid/Draisaitl playing in the high flying 80s.


 But you have to consider that they would not be the super-athletes they are right now if they were in that era. Also, The 80's guys would be who they were but at incredibly higher levels of fitness and training. Hard to imaging Lemieux or Gretzky if they had the advantages of today's technologies and training methods. 


Yep, that's absolutely the X factor. But McDavid and Draisaitl jump in the TARDIS and get dropped, as is, into a "pizza during intermission" game would be fascinating to see.


for sure, drop those two guys, as is,  into an 80's game, it would be hilarious. same with Crosby and Malkin, matthews and Marner. 


 while we are talking hilarious options..... drop Zdeno Chara in his prime into a game from that era


 Chara and Robinson as a defence pair. 



Jedi Master
Status: Offline
Posts: 19531
Date:
Permalink  
 
Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

Just spotted this on Twitter. Great question, and no bad answer. 

 

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1380209593318531073


 I was thinking about that the other day.  Imagine McDavid/Draisaitl playing in the high flying 80s.


 But you have to consider that they would not be the super-athletes they are right now if they were in that era. Also, The 80's guys would be who they were but at incredibly higher levels of fitness and training. Hard to imaging Lemieux or Gretzky if they had the advantages of today's technologies and training methods. 


Yep, that's absolutely the X factor. But McDavid and Draisaitl jump in the TARDIS and get dropped, as is, into a "pizza during intermission" game would be fascinating to see.


for sure, drop those two guys, as is,  into an 80's game, it would be hilarious. same with Crosby and Malkin, matthews and Marner. 


 while we are talking hilarious options..... drop Zdeno Chara in his prime into a game from that era



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 13698
Date:
Permalink  
 
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I think they said something about a deviation, but I really don't care cuz I don't have that square...


 twas

as in "it was", not a "that's what ? said"



-- Edited by Homer on Thursday 8th of April 2021 09:18:40 PM


LOL 'twas vs that's what Alfie said 


" probably not. "



Alumni
Status: Offline
Posts: 13698
Date:
Permalink  
 
senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

In case anyone is wondering, purple cauliflower just doesn't taste the same as white cauliflower in a crudite platter.


 Noted!  Next you have to report on orange cauliflower.


 Cauliflower has a taste? I always though it tasted like cheese sauce. Lots and lots of cheese sauce.


FAT BASTARD! 



 
1 2 39  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.