Remember Me  

Topic: Game 41 - Oilers @ Sens - Thu Apr 8, 7:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 41 - Oilers @ Sens - Thu Apr 8, 7:00pm

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I think they said something about a deviation, but I really don't care cuz I don't have that square...

twas

as in "it was", not a "that's what ? said"

-- Edited by Homer on Thursday 8th of April 2021 09:18:40 PM

LOL 'twas vs that's what Alfie said 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

Just spotted this on Twitter. Great question, and no bad answer. 

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1380209593318531073

I was thinking about that the other day.  Imagine McDavid/Draisaitl playing in the high flying 80s.

But you have to consider that they would not be the super-athletes they are right now if they were in that era. Also, The 80's guys would be who they were but at incredibly higher levels of fitness and training. Hard to imaging Lemieux or Gretzky if they had the advantages of today's technologies and training methods. 

Yep, that's absolutely the X factor. But McDavid and Draisaitl jump in the TARDIS and get dropped, as is, into a "pizza during intermission" game would be fascinating to see.

for sure, drop those two guys, as is,  into an 80's game, it would be hilarious. same with Crosby and Malkin, matthews and Marner. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

In case anyone is wondering, purple cauliflower just doesn't taste the same as white cauliflower in a crudite platter.

Noted!  Next you have to report on orange cauliflower.

Cauliflower has a taste? I always though it tasted like cheese sauce. Lots and lots of cheese sauce.

Alumni
Date:

Crudite platter: a plate of useless food to munch on while waiting for meat. :p

Alumni
Date:

Someone seriously talked to DJ about keeping his mask on.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

I think they said something about a deviation, but I really don't care cuz I don't have that square...

twas

as in "it was", not a "that's what ? said"

-- Edited by Homer on Thursday 8th of April 2021 09:18:40 PM

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

And who the hell are these guys who are scoring?!

It's apparently called "secondary scoring"

Alumni
Date:

And who the hell are these guys who are scoring?!

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

UGH

Jedi Master
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Frigging Mike Smith.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

In case anyone is wondering, purple cauliflower just doesn't taste the same as white cauliflower in a crudite platter.

Noted!  Next you have to report on orange cauliflower.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

I was thinking about that the other day.  Imagine McDavid/Draisaitl playing in the high flying 80s.

But you have to consider that they would not be the super-athletes they are right now if they were in that era. Also, The 80's guys would be who they were but at incredibly higher levels of fitness and training. Hard to imaging Lemieux or Gretzky if they had the advantages of today's technologies and training methods. 

hmmm, that's not how I read it.  

I mean it's just a fun exercise anyway, because who knows if Gretzky or Lemieux would be able to play at the same kind of level in today's more disciplined, tighter-checking game?  They might just be another Joe Player.

I suppose if we give technology a few years, some combination of AI and machine learning will be able to deliver accurate simulations of this very question. Equally cool and scary to think about.

Alumni
Date:

To answer an earlier question, Alex (Sens DJ) is there in person.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

I'd like to make a general comment about the state of this game but I'm afraid of jinxing something.

lol.  I'm not saying a word.  Just in case.

Alumni
Date:

I'd like to make a general comment about the state of this game but I'm afraid of jinxing something.

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

hmmm, that's not how I read it.  

I mean it's just a fun exercise anyway, because who knows if Gretzky or Lemieux would be able to play at the same kind of level in today's more disciplined, tighter-checking game?  They might just be another Joe Player.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

Yep, that's absolutely the X factor. But McDavid and Draisaitl jump in the TARDIS and get dropped, as is, into a "pizza during intermission" game would be fascinating to see.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

«First  <  1 2 3 49  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.