Remember Me  

Topic: Game34- Flames @ Sens - Mon Mar 22, 7:00pm

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Game34- Flames @ Sens - Mon Mar 22, 7:00pm

Cathy wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Did you guys hear about the 17 year locust/cicada pestilence swarm due this summer? Fun times not stopping

I feel like the number of times we've had a "17-year locust" year exceeds (my age divided ÷ 17). 

Did you guys hear about the mouse problem in Australia? Apparently it looks like the ground is moving the swarms are so big. 

Need more predators Yikes 😱

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Is it just me, or is literally nothing happening in this game?

I've got 1 dab

Jedi Master
Date:

Is it just me, or is literally nothing happening in this game?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

oh, I just looked, there is an "NHL" calendar in there, looks like it has everything.

I think that's the one I looked at, but when you "Add to Calendar" it's just the 31 individual team subscriptions.

Seriously?  That's ridiculous.

Definitely an emotional rollercoaster! Got sooooooooo excited then sooooooooo let down. I might look into a way to use a middle-man calendar to consolidate the individuals subs though, so appreciate the Stanza tip regardless!

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Did you guys hear about the 17 year locust/cicada pestilence swarm due this summer? Fun times not stopping

I feel like the number of times we've had a "17-year locust" year exceeds (my age divided ÷ 17). 

Did you guys hear about the mouse problem in Australia? Apparently it looks like the ground is moving the swarms are so big. 

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

So what you are saying is to plan not to be outside after dark this summer because the cicada noise will be unbearable?

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

oh, I just looked, there is an "NHL" calendar in there, looks like it has everything.

I think that's the one I looked at, but when you "Add to Calendar" it's just the 31 individual team subscriptions.

Seriously?  That's ridiculous.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Trade deadline will be interesting with covid player movement restrictions. 

Also playoffs. will there be bubble playoff cities like last season?

Instead of "talk amongst yourselves" it'll be "trade amongst yourselves".

Unless Canadian teams refuse to come to the US (case counts are rising in more states so it's entirely possible) I don't see much of a difference between regular season within divisions and playoffs between two teams. I could see a 2-3-2 format happening though to reduce travel.

Jedi Master
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I just use Stanza.... it keeps my calendar updated with no effort on my part.

I have never heard of this service before, bookmarked! Almost had an AYKM moment when I saw they had the full NHL calendar, then deflated to find out it was simply 31 individual subscriptions. 

I literally put the full schedule in my calendar (hidden 95% of the time); 31 separate calendars would be a lot of settings to turn off notifications. Though my system will break as soon as Seattle starts playing. The URL to the CSV calendars was created pre-Vegas and I think it's now a stray piece of unused programming because they never added Vegas. Right now, that's okay because all Vegas games will be captured by the calendar of the opposing team but VGK/SEA games will fall into a programming black hole.

Yeah, I only add a couple of teams, so managing the calendars isn't terrible.  And I put them on my gmail so I can deal with notification settings in there, but I can see it being a pain for all 31 (32 eventually)

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I just use Stanza.... it keeps my calendar updated with no effort on my part.

I have never heard of this service before, bookmarked! Almost had an AYKM moment when I saw they had the full NHL calendar, then deflated to find out it was simply 31 individual subscriptions. 

I literally put the full schedule in my calendar (hidden 95% of the time); 31 separate calendars would be a lot of settings to turn off notifications. Though my system will break as soon as Seattle starts playing. The URL to the CSV calendars was created pre-Vegas and I think it's now a stray piece of unused programming because they never added Vegas. Right now, that's okay because all Vegas games will be captured by the calendar of the opposing team but VGK/SEA games will fall into a programming black hole.

Alumni
Date:

Trade deadline will be interesting with covid player movement restrictions. 

Also playoffs. will there be bubble playoff cities like last season?

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

oh yikes. Just saw that the Oilers/Habs game tonight was cancelled because of a positive Covid test.

“Told no VAN players have tested positive as of today’s COVID-19 submission. Canucks played B2B games in MTL on Friday/Saturday. Two Canadiens players - Kotkaniemi and Armia - were added to league protocol list Monday and game against Oilers today was postponed. #Canucks“ 

From Vancouver writer 

Jedi Master
Date:

oh yeah! We haven't discussed Gustavsson's weird hand issue yet.

Jedi Master
Date:

I had kinda forgotten just how much of a living cliche machine Dzingel is.

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

oh yikes. Just saw that the Oilers/Habs game tonight was cancelled because of a positive Covid test.

Got my first vaccine 💉 shot today too 🤷🏼‍♂️

woohoo!  That's awesome news tj.  Glad someone is getting vaccinated.

my mom (80+) is scheduled for Thursday. 

I didn’t feel the needle at all and was surprised I felt anything weird 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Good to hear.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Had a mild side effect, felt a little light headed a dizzy for about an hour 

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.