Game 22: Flames @ Sens - Thu Feb 25, 7:00pm

6-1. This is crazy!

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

literally half of any application out there has been borrowed/stolen from elsewhere. That's like... the biggest difference between a junior and senior dev..... knowing when it's easier to steal someone else's code.

Surprised that there aren't more comments in code that says "Hey, why you stealing my code" lol

I actually had a moment like that once.  I changed jobs, and a couple of former co-workers were at the new place.  Opened up the documentation and code for something I needed to make a change on.... and it was my code that I had written years earlier that they stole.  lol

lol, that's why I asked my friend if I could use his code. Didn't want him to stumble across it and say. Hey that Bingo Card looks really familiar.  

I mean, at least they had the courtesy to leave my name and comments on it.  Hmmmm.... I wonder if that had anything to do with me getting the job!

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Good to see Murray handle a quick shot off a faceoff like that. Inspiring confidence.

Murray turning his game around was a huge factor in this team coming together

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

literally half of any application out there has been borrowed/stolen from elsewhere. That's like... the biggest difference between a junior and senior dev..... knowing when it's easier to steal someone else's code.

Surprised that there aren't more comments in code that says "Hey, why you stealing my code" lol

I actually had a moment like that once.  I changed jobs, and a couple of former co-workers were at the new place.  Opened up the documentation and code for something I needed to make a change on.... and it was my code that I had written years earlier that they stole.  lol

lol, that's why I asked my friend if I could use his code. Didn't want him to stumble across it and say. Hey that Bingo Card looks really familiar.  

Alumni
Date:

Good to see Murray handle a quick shot off a faceoff like that. Inspiring confidence.

Alumni
Date:

Change was simple enough, but I also backed up the .js and .css files I needed to update. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

First goal for white in 10 games. Slump buster?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Bingo update. Credit to Cathy for the idea. 

A double click will make the square gray instead of red so you can mark dead squares. Single click will still clear it. 

Probably won't work on your current card unless you clear your browser cache or load it in another browser. (copy your link before clearing your cache. 

Yes I made a production change during a live game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Testing in production???  Who is on call for this??

Well I did test it in a Bingo2 folder to make sure it worked. So.. Dev then Prod?

But no QA?

My QA and UAT are in this thread. lol

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

A double click will make the square gray instead of red so you can mark dead squares. Single click will still clear it. 

Probably won't work on your current card unless you clear your browser cache or load it in another browser. (copy your link before clearing your cache. 

Open your currently-scored card in a new private window and that counts as "load in another browser", at least in Safari on Mac.

So...does Cathy get a free dab out of that, 'cause momma needs some help after the 10-all shots in the 2nd. LOL

-- Edited by Cathy on Thursday 25th of February 2021 08:41:21 PM

That'll work.

So no issues on the Mac/Safari?  I did some comprehensive testing in Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge

Dude, you made the change mid-game, how comprehensive could the testing have been?? Lol, yeah, looks good in Safari 12 (I'm a few versions behind...Apple can pry my functional outdated applications from my cold dead hands!).  So, did you, like, create the bingo game?? I assumed it was a backend template that was customizable.

nah, he did what any good developer does - stole it from someone else

lol, I did ask permission to steal it.  I still have the twitter DMs.  That's where I checked the other day to see when we 1st started Bingo. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

Open your currently-scored card in a new private window and that counts as "load in another browser", at least in Safari on Mac.

So...does Cathy get a free dab out of that, 'cause momma needs some help after the 10-all shots in the 2nd. LOL

That'll work.

So no issues on the Mac/Safari?  I did some comprehensive testing in Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge

Dude, you made the change mid-game, how comprehensive could the testing have been?? Lol, yeah, looks good in Safari 12 (I'm a few versions behind...Apple can pry my functional outdated applications from my cold dead hands!).  So, did you, like, create the bingo game?? I assumed it was a backend template that was customizable.

Friend wrote the base code for another bingo card thing and let me use it. I added the "Enter name" part to personalize the cards  and made a few other tweaks. 

I'm not a programmer, so would have taken me a while to write it up from scratch. But I can muddle my way through code and make sense of it. 

Ha, so my reverse engineering comment is definitely on point. A not-a-programmer after my own heart.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Are we really still PIM free?

Yep.  Super weird

Weirder still... No refs sucks that should have been a call either.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Yep.  Super weird

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

That'll work.

Friend wrote the base code for another bingo card thing and let me use it. I added the "Enter name" part to personalize the cards  and made a few other tweaks. 

I'm not a programmer, so would have taken me a while to write it up from scratch. But I can muddle my way through code and make sense of it. 

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Love it when the young guys score

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

That'll work.

nah, he did what any good developer does - stole it from someone else

Pfft, it's not stealing. It's reverse engineering to fit your needs. Something I can definitely make an argument for if this goes to the floor for debate!

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Sens hit post. Dab for Cathy

To quote Obi Wan...that's not the dab I'm looking for. Put Cardinal and Kardinal in the same boat, REALLY need the game to get out of control to make something of this dab.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 59  >  Last»  | Page of 9  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.