Kardinal wrote:

But is he good in the room?

twss

Alumni
Date:

But is he good in the room?

Alumni
Date:

apparently, he's a good skater for his size. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Turns out after doing a deeper dive into analytics Brown was just plain lucky that Florida scored a lot w him on the ice.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

They need a scorer and good solid d-man. I would try and pick up a free agent goalie rather than drafting one. Really like them picking up Brown from Florida.

Confident Fan
Date:

I’m not liking what I’m hearing about Lucas Raymond in Sweden so far this season, I’m still on Rossi or Perfetti or now Sanderson at #5.

Confident Fan
Date:

If anyone asks me what xGA/60 is, it’s analytics you silly people don’t you know anything?!?!

Confident Fan
Date:

Ottawa down their 4th round pick at #95 and get a Right shot Dman in Josh Brown from Florida. He’s 6-5 220 and didn’t make the Panthers till he was 25. Bottom pairing guy who has to be cheap and taking Boro’s spot I guess. The Panthers actually played better they had a better xGA/60 when he was on the ice vs when he wasn’t. Decent stay at home guy with huge size and the ever super important GRIT!!!!!

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

My draft hopes are pretty simple, and based not on the umpteen opinions and mock drafts we have seen over the past months, but a simple premise: increase fan interest. In short, get the buzz happening again. For that, we need to combine three things: best available, fill a team need, cause a stir. While the Russian goalie *might* be really good, I do not see that creating an interest to buy tickets. We have goalie prospects, we have puck-moving defencemen prospects, we have lower line forward prospects. We can take Drysdale, but we have a greater need for scoring and top line forwards, especially centres. Size counts, and while Rossi is a top prospect I see him as a complimentary player to others not a difference maker by himself. I’m also not averse to trading picks for solid young players who can play now. In short, we’ll see. CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

I have to go with you’re take on Rossi, you’ve probably seen him in play I sure haven’t. The Athletic has a mock out today that has Byfield C Sanderson D Peterka LW (German) Forester RW as the first 4 Sens picks. Peterka and Forester have had very good things written about them.  Sanderson seems like the best actual Dman who plays Defense first and isn’t bad on offense and does not run a PP that’s what Chabot is for.

Alumni
Date:

My draft hopes are pretty simple, and based not on the umpteen opinions and mock drafts we have seen over the past months, but a simple premise: increase fan interest. In short, get the buzz happening again. For that, we need to combine three things: best available, fill a team need, cause a stir. While the Russian goalie *might* be really good, I do not see that creating an interest to buy tickets. We have goalie prospects, we have puck-moving defencemen prospects, we have lower line forward prospects. We can take Drysdale, but we have a greater need for scoring and top line forwards, especially centres. Size counts, and while Rossi is a top prospect I see him as a complimentary player to others not a difference maker by himself. I’m also not averse to trading picks for solid young players who can play now. In short, we’ll see. CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

Confident Fan
Date:

Reports are now surfacing that Eugene Melnyk is stepping in and wants Askarov the goalie out of Russia at #5. Very very few guys and gals who scout and talk about these things think this is a good spot to take a goalie with all the top end offensive talent available. He’s very good and all but Ottawa has been stockpiling goalies for years now with high picks and trades already. They have no dynamic scoring options. May get one at #3 but need more to compete w Boston Tampa Montreal and Toronto going forward. I want a skater and since this is Melnyk’s team it’s no surprise that word leaks out of the Ottawa organization, I wonder whose got a huge mouth to the Toronto media?? IF they had to have Askarov it’s entirely probable they could have traded back and still ended up with him but it’s the idiot Eugene and if it can be f’d up it will be with that creep involved. With Seattle coming on board and this guy screws this up again I’m going to be an ex Senators fan soon.

Confident Fan
Date:

I’m going to be first guessing on what I hope they do. Going back over the last couple of drafts I was all for the Tkachuk pick 2 years ago over Zadina, I was betting on the family blood lines that he would be an awesome player and Pierre McGuire was all for him too. I was not a big fan of the Pinto pick and Kaliyev and Brink were both rated much higher and taken right away after Pinto. Both are ranked higher as prospects after 1 year and counting. Pinto has shown very well so far and the future looks good for him. Dorian also drafted in the first round Lassi Thomson and Jacob Bernard-Docker who are trending well to being up with Ottawa as middle to bottom pairing Defensemen. Not sure either fit w Chabot on the top pairing but who knows?

Dorian said he’s taking whoever LA doesn’t take between Byfield and Stutzle at #3 which is what every other GM would do it seems like. I’m happy w either, if anyone cares. Now at #5 I want either Raymond or Rossi who played there in Ottawa. Sanderson the DMan sounds like he’s getting a lot of love here too. Jack Quinn is rated 10 or 12 or all the way down to 16th overall and has also been mentioned prominently.  He’s older than just about every other kid in this draft just 2 days away from being in last years draft.  Forget the Goalie out of Russia at #5 in my opinion. 

My choices are Byfield/Stutzle at #3 and then Rossi, Raymond and then Perfetti depending on what Detroit does. 2 dynamic offensive players both can play Center. From what I’ve listened to, Rossi is as determined an athlete as you’ll find and eats, breaths and works at hockey all the time. Wants to be the best, I really like athletes like this. Raymond at 17 literally played with men in Sweden I looked at his stats online and he plays with guys in their mid to late 20’s and 30’s. He’s started out this year at 18 and is doing very well in Sweden’s top league. At 28 33 51 58 60 63 70 94 154 157 and 180 I have no idea who or what to take.

I’ve go time on my hands as you can see and this draft process has lasted FOREVER!!

«First  <  1 2 3 4 | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.