Remember Me  

Topic: Trade Deadline 2020

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Trade Deadline 2020

Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So they decided to be active all before 7:30 my time, but...

Namestnikov to Colorado for a 4th.

JGP ( ) to the Islanders for a 1st, a 2nd, and a conditional 3rd

About the only consolation is that JGP is going to a team that is unlikely to re-sign him, so Ottawa can "take a run" at signing him as a UFA with a lowball offer.

We picked up Namestnikov for a 4th and minor leaguer, and getting a 4th back for him. 

The 1st rounder for JGP is top 3 protected, so if the Iles miss the playoffs  and get a top 3 pick, we get their 1st next year. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

They've positioned themselves nicely for the expansion draft.  They don't have enough worthwhile players to even meet the protection limits.

Tkachuk, L. Brown, Balcers, Batherson, (White?, Abramov?)

Wolanin, Chabot, (Jaros?)

Daccord

Surely they can at least weaponize that and pick up useful players on the cheap that other teams can't protect?

but that would require them ACTUALLY having a plan.  It doesn't feel like they do other than "yeah, picks!  We like picks!"

Jedi Master
Date:

Wayne Simmonds to Buffalo.

Alumni
Date:

They've positioned themselves nicely for the expansion draft.  They don't have enough worthwhile players to even meet the protection limits.

Tkachuk, L. Brown, Balcers, Batherson, (White?, Abramov?)

Wolanin, Chabot, (Jaros?)

Daccord

Surely they can at least weaponize that and pick up useful players on the cheap that other teams can't protect?

Jedi Master
Date:

Derek Grant from Anaheim to Philly for Kyle Criscuolo and a 4th

Jedi Master
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

About the only consolation is that JGP is going to a team that is unlikely to re-sign him, so Ottawa can "take a run" at signing him as a UFA with a lowball offer.

Yeah, I don't see that working out.  The amount he was asking for is not at all outrageous, just maybe a bit too much term.

5 years on a front loaded contract (6.5, 6, 5, 4, 3.5) should not be an issue on a team that is going to built on ELCs and bridge RFA deals for the next 5-6 years. 

The only big contracts in that time frame are going to be Chabot and Tkachuk with maybe Norris in 22 and the top 10 picks this year starting in 2023.  By then Pageau's actual salary should be dropping with the compensation going to the RFAs who will be back loaded.

Yep.  I knew they line they were feeding us that they were "trying" to sign him was BS.  

I'm getting a bit concerned at the lack of any solid prospects or bodies coming back in all of these trades too.  You can't build a competitive team with picks alone.

Puzzling point as they are at 46 out of 50 Standard player contracts which include our LTIR dead contracts.

Assuming Anderson, Boedker, Ennis, Sabourin, Hainsey, Callahan, MacArthur, and Szwarz don't come back next season and Alsing and Thomson are in the AHL full time next season that means next season they will be at 40/50 SPCs with only draft picks and 2-3 prospects to sign.

I think that means they are going to go heavy on overagers in the draft again.  There is going to be a massive bottleneck on contracts in 3-4 years just because they are laser focused on draft choices as a means to rebuild and not spreading out the contract load with appropriate vets and young players.

Gross.  I hadn't done all of that math... it's even worse than I thought.  And how in hell are they going to hit cap floor?  They are going to do something stupid, I can just feel it

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Yeah, I don't see that working out.  The amount he was asking for is not at all outrageous, just maybe a bit too much term.

5 years on a front loaded contract (6.5, 6, 5, 4, 3.5) should not be an issue on a team that is going to built on ELCs and bridge RFA deals for the next 5-6 years. 

The only big contracts in that time frame are going to be Chabot and Tkachuk with maybe Norris in 22 and the top 10 picks this year starting in 2023.  By then Pageau's actual salary should be dropping with the compensation going to the RFAs who will be back loaded.

Yep.  I knew they line they were feeding us that they were "trying" to sign him was BS.  

I'm getting a bit concerned at the lack of any solid prospects or bodies coming back in all of these trades too.  You can't build a competitive team with picks alone.

Puzzling point as they are at 46 out of 50 Standard player contracts which include our LTIR dead contracts.

Assuming Anderson, Boedker, Ennis, Sabourin, Hainsey, Callahan, MacArthur, and Szwarz don't come back and Alsing and Thomson are in the AHL full time means next season they will be at 40/50 SPCs with only draft picks and 2-3 prospects to sign.

I think that means they are going to go heavy on overagers in the draft again.  There is going to be a massive bottleneck on contracts in 3-4 years just because they are laser focused on draft choices as a means to rebuild and not spreading out the contract load with appropriate vets and young players.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Monday 24th of February 2020 11:08:18 AM

Jedi Master
Date:

Patrick Marleau to Pittsburgh. wow.

Alumni
Date:

Unparalleled Parking!!!!

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Yikes 😱 

Just waking up and YIKES 

Morning TJ.... I had the same feeling!  Thought I could sleep in a bit on trade deadline day.... since nothing usually happens until the end of the day

Confident Fan
Date:

Yikes 😱 

Just waking up and YIKES 

Jedi Master
Date:

Habs trade Nate Thompson to Philadelphia for a 5th

Jedi Master
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

For other teams, so far:

Haula and Walmark from Carolina to Florida for Trochek

And of course last night the Habs since Kovalchuk to Washington and Detroit traded Mike Green to the Oilers for Brodziak

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

«First  <  14 5 6 | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.